Reaction to Pista vs NFGT

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
So I’ve been traveling a lot and decided to go to a couple of car shows. Why not—its 110 degrees on asphalt parking lots. First I travel 65 miles to Mr Jefferson’s (can I even say that anymore?) Charlottesville campus in the Pista, a car I may love more than life itself. It got scant attention and raves from the few who knew what the hell it was.

Circle back to Richmond and stop by an event at NAPA in the GT and the seas parted as I drove in. I took a spot between 2 beautiful 60s muscle cars but was asked to bring the car out to the middle of the show so more people could see it. Never driven a better car than the Pista, but never owned a more gorgeous design than the GT. Pretty amazing.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Makes sense to me. I was at a show at Lamborghini Newport Beach back in May. The place was draped in Lamborghinis, Ferraris, McLarens (including a gorgeous blue carbon fiber Senna) and three Konigs-somethings, including the new Scorpio or whatever it’s called. The GT got more attention than any of them (the Konigs-things were a close second, but second indeed, and there were THREE in a row). I was drooling over the Senna but I was one of the few.

The GT’s design is truly a marvel of form and function.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If you look at the far right of this picture you can see a red Pista. The crowd reaction at Caffeine and Exotics to the GT says it all. There was also a Senna drawing a lot of attention but a little over the top for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9479.JPG
    IMG_9479.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
Reactions: Awsum GT

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
That last picture says it all. The GT is in a class of its own.
Too bad I didn't make the list.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
My Pista and GT see eye to eye. 😁

It is total stealth compared to the GT and Senna, no question.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ liking that E39 up in the air!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Awesome garage

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The E39 is awesome!

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
View attachment 56623
My Pista and GT see eye to eye. 😁

It is total stealth compared to the GT and Senna, no question.
What brand are the car lifts in your garage?

QSS

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
2 great pieces of technology—the 1 post lift and the Ferrari magnetic clamp on tender .

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Thank you for the info. I building a new house that "requires" two lifts and I'm trying to figure if I go Bendpak or something like this.

QSS

Last edited:

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
The E39 is awesome!
thanks! It's got twin Rotrex blowers, coilovers, Brembos, B&B exhaust....my 3rd E39, and the best of all the other cars combined.

Reactions: Ed Sims

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Can you get a scissor jack as a option to that single post lift? I don't know if I'd be comfortable working on the car under there. American Custom Lifts build some cool products.

F430spider

Oct 18, 2010
NyC!
Pistas drive incredibly well - best of all the F cars Ive owned

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool garage! I'm lucky to have seen it in person.

Ed

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
great shots... beautiful cars all around

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Can you get a scissor jack as a option to that single post lift? I don't know if I'd be comfortable working on the car under there. American Custom Lifts build some cool products.
the single post lift is not for service just for storage. I dont think you can even remove the platform and still drive the car onto it. in short you will not have access to the bottom of the car.

sanjays garage is done very tastefully!