Rally III dates??

Status
Not open for further replies.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I'm sure we all know this from the advertising of BJ, but they will be in Vegas in October this year!! And as I love the Aug. dates of the previous Rallies and will not miss # III either.... I thought I'd throw it out there to the board and the President here (DBK) that Rally III in October would not only mean Shelby Headquarters, but BJ too.... that seems like it would be pretty freaking awesome..... Just a thought... :cheers

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
The closer to Oct the better chance we won't have 110 deg weather either. August here would be a scorcher.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
That sounds good except the weather in the Rockies needs to be considered. The Texas boys can run the southern route through Phoenix one way, but we will probably try to meet up with Dr. Frank in NM and run IH 40 for awhile. Snow and ice is not my friend when I am in the GT. Are the B-J dates in early October? If this becomes the plan can we do the rally prior to B-J?

I would rather play at the Silver State run in Sept with a large group of us at least showing up if not running at this event.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MODERATORS NOTE
=============
PLEASE, Carroll's people are working on a date and DBK will advise. Thanks for your patience.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Sorry Bony, Didn't mean to stirrrrr the nest... Just wishful thinking is all.... you know me..... whatever the date... it'll be awesome and we will be there...

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Tying in with B-J would might rooms more difficult, etc. Definitely crowds up Scottsdale.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Larry,
DBK is working on it, we are at the mercy of SHELBY.
Trust me, BJ will not be impacting rooms in Vegas like they do in Scottsdale, it will take them years to develop their Neveda auction.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Not only that but Vegas has a bajillion more rooms.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rally III dates??

I'll take two! :banana:banana:banana Blonds please!

Chip

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Rally III dates??

I'll take two! :banana:banana:banana Blonds please!

Chip

That's already been done, and the jury is still out (at least until May...):wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Larry,
DBK is working on it, we are at the mercy of SHELBY.
Trust me, BJ will not be impacting rooms in Vegas like they do in Scottsdale, it will take them years to develop their Neveda auction.

I missed Rally I, but was at Rally II. I thought it was a great event, with great people and a surprisingly awesome turnout. I know we all want Rally III to the best ever in every way, but I am concerned that without sufficient lead time the turnout maybe less than desirable. If a 30 day window for event can be given, most owners will try to block those day off in their calendars.

ttt

HELP!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The last weekend in September. Nothing is official until it comes from Shelby.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - If true to form of Rally I and Rally II, it would be a four day event..Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday when you estimate the last weekend in September?
I want to plan when to leave since we will be trailering from Detroit and back.
AJB

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave - If true to form of Rally I and Rally II, it would be a four day event..Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday when you estimate the last weekend in September?
I want to plan when to leave since we will be trailering from Detroit and back.
AJB

Yup, same schedule as always. Get there 24th, leave 28th.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Very fine...I will wait for your official confimation.

AJB

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fantastic. The Silver State Classic is the weekend before, September 18 thru 21st. We can work both into one trip!

Thanks Dave.:cheers

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Iii

There had been some informal talk of the S.W. Florida guys pooling their resources to share a 54-footer (Intercity, Exotic?) to round-trip multiple FGT's from Heffner's in Sarrasota to Rally III and back. If that becomes a practical reality, I'd love to hope aboard the 'Vegas train.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We can't wait. Since spending more time with my Ford GT Forum buddies dropping by from out of town and those who live here in Phoenix, Rally III is a topic that comes up during every conversation! Party at my house!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
We can't wait. Since spending more time with my Ford GT Forum buddies dropping by from out of town and those who live here in Phoenix, Rally III is a topic that comes up during every conversation! Party at my house!

Dad - glad you're enjoying the winter abode. Party/Rally III - count me in. Jeff

Dirk P

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando Florida
There are a couple of us in the Orlando area that might want to talk to you about the Transport from Sarasota. Send me a PM so we can discuss this.

Iii

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There had been some informal talk of the S.W. Florida guys pooling their resources to share a 54-footer (Intercity, Exotic?) to round-trip multiple FGT's from Heffner's in Sarrasota to Rally III and back. If that becomes a practical reality, I'd love to hope aboard the 'Vegas train.

Status
Not open for further replies.