Rally 9

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Not enough owners in the north east. . I would love to have it st the Glen . The wineries. , roads and track are the balls !
I am afraid turn out would be to low. Not only that the glen is very expensive and has to much Armco
Just my. 02

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
I vote for Vegas and group deal at the Planet Hollywood.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I would love the glen, been there many times as well, but as Ron says, just not enough people that would go. A lot of Armco is a bit of an understatement.....

Ron you mention the wineries? Well maybe not after just being in napa..... Ha ha.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hey, Pahrump has two wineries... :cheers
Not to try and influence anyone:leaving: but here is a little snippet of Monica in last weeks Radical race at Spring Mountain. This configuration includes a portion of the just finished 2.5 addition of track. Spring Mountain now has the second longest circuit in the world and the new facilities are world class. :usa[video=youtube;I3A5K96qyxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3A5K96qyxY&feature=em-upload_owner#action=share[/video]

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, Looks like a PRO on a mission to me.Lookin Good as always.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Badass Apollo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Marry that girl! Oh ya you did ! Good move !

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
:biggrin
I know, I am truly blessed...
Really looking forward to seeing you all before too long. We will definitely plan on making the next Rally wherever it is.:thumbsup
vegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegasvegas

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I believe Monica could give Ron (Rocketman) a run for his money. She's come a long way since Chip took her riding (backwards in the grass at VIR) in yellow #34. Monica got out laughing and Chip was somber and white :) :) :)

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I believe Monica could give Ron (Rocketman) a run for his money. She's come a long way since Chip took her riding (backwards in the grass at VIR) in yellow #34. Monica got out laughing and Chip was somber and white :) :) :)

I think that just help light her fire Tommy. :driving: :rofl and she's probably going to be ready for Rocketman.
I had a hard time beating her time in the practice laps after the race.:eek

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think that just help light her fire Tommy. :driving: :rofl and she's probably going to be ready for Rocketman.
I had a hard time beating her time in the practice laps after the race.:eek
We know Monica has always been faster than you!
LOL
Shoot for the moon!
Nice driving Monica!
I want to see Monica and Janine go at it( on the track!)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey, Pahrump has two wineries... :cheers
Not to try and influence anyone:leaving: but here is a little snippet of Monica in last weeks Radical race at Spring Mountain....

Must.

Have.

Radical.

Super jealous. So what are the configuration lengths? Can you run the circuit as a single actual 6.1 track?

One thing I can say on location is that a track has to be similar to the above video for us to entertain going to it. Something like MMP or Nola or Spring Mountain is designed for people with every level of skill, starting at the very bottom. There were many dust clouds at Nola from people spinning of, and at the end of the day, everyone just had a laugh and washed it off. Many of the big name old tracks are not something we will be doing from here on out because it's just not very entertaining to be on pins and needles about all the concrete walls, armco barriers, tire walls, etc.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'm with you David I would like to preserve are very low incident track record!
I take personal pride in that!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Vision, smoothness, line and focus. Even though I have yet to track any car these were the four pillars Ron told me I need to master. Looking forward to it.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Dave, the entire track can be tied together at Spring Mountain making it over 6 miles, but I doubt you would want to do that. There would be almost 50 turns to learn, many very technical, and it would be very confusing for only a day or two event. The nice thing there is they have so many variations that you could pick one that gave between two and four miles that would offer great transitions between technical, flowing and reasonable length straights that people could acclimate to fairly quickly. The new sections have some great elevation changes too. One area that you can see in Monica's video is a drop over three stories into a great flowing bowl. This is a greater drop than the corkscrew at Laguna Seca - the inspiration for that part of the track. There is also a skid pad areas with autocross course and by next year they will have the lake in with jet lev and white sand beaches. Weather in Pahrump this time of year is normally about 10 degrees cooler than Vegas and we are seeing low 80s as a high and mid 50s as lows. Spring Mountain is a full country club with pool, spa, massage, locker room facilities, racquetball court, climbing wall, gym, indoor shooting range, and much more. We have become quite spoiled here... :wink
www.racespringmountain.com

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Oh La La - What a great Video...Monica is smooth, safe and Fast.

I'm liking the new track addition to Spring Mtn. It's come a long way since I was first there in the 90's!

You two are spoiled to live across the street!!!!!!

And your new "Hot Rad" is soooo nice. Drive it in good health.

BigBrain

GT Owner
Aug 26, 2010
Central Maryland
Can we do some place near Washington, DC? It is a messed up Liberal CF, but some of us live in this area.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
My guess is that R9 had already been decides upon by the powers that be.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Spring Mountain is an additive substance. Use caution. Stay away. I couldn't. Damn Terry and Monica.... drug dealers. (LOL!)

Terry and monica were the first of our clan to join and then soon after AlohaGT bought in. After being a mooching guest for a couple months after Kelvin joined, we joined as well. Ryan, Lauren (19), and I have been "regulars" now getting out to SM every 3 weeks or so.... and none of us can get enough. It is a really great track, wonderful facilities and great staff and members. A first class operation all of the way. They change up the track configs weekly to keep you on your toes. We recently spent a couple of days on the new track - and boy or boy is it fun!

Dave, to your quite serious question about safety, there's really only a couple of areas on the track where one could get into trouble. There's a config option that substantially mitigates one of them and for the other it may be best just to tell, tell, and re-tell the GT folks that this is an area where you can give up a 1/4 of a second of lap time in favor of caution. Other than that, a mishap typically results in a slide across some very powdery dirt and an embarassingly dirty car!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Kendall (or maybe Terry/Monica) -

Does Spring Mountain have installed sensors for vehicle transponders?