Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
(y)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am absolutely thrilled! It is simply one of life’s greatest pleasures! I can never thank DBK enough! He is my all time favorite camp counselor! But it’s the life long friendships that are most satisfying and rewarding! As they say in Porsche world it’s not just the car’s ,it’s the people!

Reactions: Vince H

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Dammm! I was set for October, can’t do November! Have fun everyone! I am jealous!!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Noob question: How do you receive your truck transported car when you've flown in? Do I need to arrive a day early to be sure I'm there to meet the Reliable truck? Does the truck go to the hotel? All info appreciated 🍻

(cuz currently I'm picturing the driver unloading my GT in a vast expanse of tumbleweed cactus dust storm desert flats with vultures picking at the tires and he left the keys in the ignition for whenever I get out there a few weeks later)

Last edited:

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Noob question: How do you receive your truck transported car when you've flown in? Do I need to arrive a day early to be sure I'm there to meet the Reliable truck? Does the truck go to the hotel? All info appreciated 🍻

(cuz currently I'm picturing the Reliable driver unloading my GT in a vast expanse of tumbleweed cactus dust storm desert flats with vultures picking at the tires and he left the keys in the ignition for whenever I get out there a few weeks later)

There will be multiple cars shipped from FL. You guys likely will be able to fill your own truck. Reliable is first class and this isn’t their first rodeo…. Your car will be handled with much love…. Typically someone or several people will coordinate the receipt of cars and get them in the appropriate safe place…

contact Mike at Reliable 734 664-5560

Reactions: dreimer and extrap

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Getting your car safely unloaded and parked if your not there will not be an issue.

Reactions: extrap and JWZ

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Getting your car safely unloaded and parked if your not there will not be an issue.
May even have a few additional ‘unloading miles’ all at No Additional Charge, too! Haha!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There also will be a bunch of randos (translated to experienced forum members) that are helpful with the loading and unloading precesses. For instance, I loaded 3 at the end of the last rally and there was a team of us. Heck, that was my 1st time driving a NGT, down the hill in Park City.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Make sure your car has plenty of gas so those unloading can give it a proper safety/high speed test before turning the keys over to you!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My only concern is not having the car plugged into the battery tender for potentially three weeks

Reactions: Vince H

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Noob question: How do you receive your truck transported car when you've flown in? Do I need to arrive a day early to be sure I'm there to meet the Reliable truck? Does the truck go to the hotel? All info appreciated.

(cuz currently I'm picturing the driver unloading my GT in a vast expanse of tumbleweed cactus dust storm desert flats with vultures picking at the tires and he left the keys in the ignition for whenever I get out there a few weeks later)

I wish I had a $1 for every new attendee who asks this question! Perfectly valid question for a noob. I have been to every rally Dave has put on so I know the process. Your car will be well cared for and unloaded/loaded if you are not present due to travel arrangement. We unloaders and FGT owners will review the car unloaded from the truck, sign the paperwork and hold on to your keys until you arrive. All is good.

Just ask Gary (and old noob who fretted over the same issue years ago…..)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I wish I had a $1 for every new attendee who asks this question! Perfectly valid question for a noob. I have been to every rally Dave has put on so I know the process. Your car will be well cared for and unloaded/loaded if you are not present due to travel arrangement. We unloaders and FGT owners will review the car unloaded from the truck, sign the paperwork and hold on to your keys until you arrive. All is good.

I'm sorry for the bother. I figured you guys had it all worked out. Just thought it would be wise to ask in case I needed to arrive earlier and/or depart later.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Not a bother at all. I am local along with others and can assist. Just PM me.

Reactions: extrap

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
My only concern is not having the car plugged into the battery tender for potentially three weeks
A real first world problem. Guess you need a trailer with a gen set. Or just drive it a lot .

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
You’re overthinking this. Unless it’s already aging out, the battery won’t discharge in that time. And even if it does, there will be plenty of GTs around to give you a jump—that would be a unique picture!

One other consideration: if I recall correctly, there is a procedure for disabling the anti-theft system, so it doesn’t deplete the battery when being towed or transported. Check the manual.

Reactions: roketman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I shall check thank you

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

Don´t worry, I´ll bring a tow rope. That´ll give you the added bonus of following my line closely and show you the correct way around the track. Don´t fear the apex cones 😂 Because you´re my friend I´ll do this for free :cool: 😂 🤘

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Don´t worry, I´ll bring a tow rope. That´ll give you the added bonus of following my line closely and show you the correct way around the track. Don´t fear the apex cones 😂 Because you´re my friend I´ll do this for free :cool: 😂 🤘
Thank you Anders! Always great to have friends!

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I'm in the same boat. New-ish FL owner looking forward to going to my first rally. Glad we are have plenty of experienced folks for advice and help, especially ones that know the proper care and feeding of our cars. :)

Reactions: extrap