Rally 11 - COTA

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
had an incredible time at rally 11 thanks a bunch to Dave and everyone else involved, it was really fun to catch up with old friends and make new one all over again...

^This. Thanks Dave. You and Francesca should get hazard pay for the rough schedule this year.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Great to see old friends and meets some new! Thanks again Dave for all your effort! Especially dealing with the very trying staff at COTA.

Thanks also to the other Austin locals who stepped up to help make it a great weekend!

Biggs

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Yup same here, $64.95.

And thankful to the Forum members for always helping each other find P3 parking spaces late at night.

I didn't get charged for any kind of parking. I'm not sure why. My wife is a Marriott rewards member so maybe that had something to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Rally 11 isn't over for us. Great to see 07XL0027 for dinner last night. Now at the pool with this Texas view [emoji4]

a204b2d5ff764b242b435fb302885659.jpg

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
As always another fantastic FordGTForum Rally. We had a great time visiting everyone and watching the races. Great seeing Raj and Henry III. Look forward to our next get together.

Thanks Dave for all you do for all of us!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I have been a GT owner since 2012. Rally 11 was my first. Last week was by far the best week I've had as a GT owner. Thanks Dave! Thanks to ALL the GT Forum Members for making me feel like I had an instant family.

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
In addition to the great time at the scheduled events we got a little extra yesterday picking up my trailer. Bill, the owner of Driveway Austin where we stored our trailer, was nice enough to come in on Monday (his day off and the track is closed) to let us pick up. While there he asked if we wanted a few laps, we ended up running a few hot laps on a very fun track. Then he pulled out a retired highway patrol car and took he, I and wives for a few laps. The best being when he drove the track backwards, with the car floored in reverse, and then surprised us with a 180 spin! Everyone was laughing, it was the perfect ending to a great few days.

Thanks to Dave and everyone, this is a unique group.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thank you DBK, Henry Ford III, Raj Nair, Joey Hand, Dirk Muller, Andy Priaulx, Henry Tincknell, Ford Performance and CGR for an awesome time. Racing doesn't always go as planned but it's always a privilege to see the GT racing on track. Besides, as Joey said . . . . "I won Le Mans".

Susan and I had a blast with all of you guys. We feel very lucky to count you all as our friends. Can not wait until we get together and do it again.

Vince H

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So I just found my JW Marriott bill at 3:25 in the am. They did not charge me for the valet. Score!!!

Don't worry 07XL0027. I called the hotel & let them know. A corrected bill is heading your way! LOL

Ed

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
We had a great time and looking forward to the next one! It was a pleasure to meet everyone.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
First rally for me and my car partner Jim, and we both had a blast. Putting the faces with the board names was great, and met a ton of fun people !

We had a primo couch and 2 chairs spot at the main bar, and the scenery walking by that Saturday night was pretty amazing !

Thanks DBK for all the hard work. We plan on attending the next one.

My biggest thrill was getting in a crowded elevator Saturday morning, heading to our cars, and someone behind me saying " Good Morning Tomy". I said I wish I was Tomy, and was a major Tomy wanna be. Got a good chuckle out of that.

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Dave:

Thanks again. COTA was great and the hotel could not have been more perfect. Great job…as usual.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Dave and to all those who attended! It was great to see all my old friends and to meet some new people. I'm still on the road

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The closing dinner ended abruptly. Based on experience, I was prepared for a lot more bloviating. It didn't happen!

So, at the very least, huge thanks to Dave and Francesca, as well as all the supporting cast, for yet another world-class experience.

Of course, all the attendees deserve a shout out for being so cool to hang out with.

Special thanks to Chris Crawford (Silverbullitt) for all the pre-rally and road rally effort. I will go anywhere Chris is organizing events.

And, special thanks to Mike and Jeff Mosing for their wonderful hospitality at the Petrol Lounge. What an amazing place! While I'm at it, cheers to Jeff for his 1st place finish in the Continental Challenge ST class. And Master's class I believe. Woo-hoo! Oh...and to Glenn Nordell at the Petrol Lounge for the rare ability to feel like he's an instant friend.

And to all the guys, thank your spouses/sig o's and children/young relatives, etc. for joining us. It would not be a Ford GT Forum Rally without them.

I'm sure there are other contributors who deserve mention. Thanks to all!

P.S. The canvas wrap is another stunner. It is, however, a bit bittersweet in that it is the first rally art without the 2005-2006 GT. Transitions. Change.

The artwork is signed "Garen." I'm going to take a huge leap and assume that is Garen Nicoghosian, exterior design manager of the 2017 GT. The torch is passed. Camilo. Garen. Brilliant work from you both.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
COTA recap

[video=youtube;Iink0N-KAlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iink0N-KAlo[/video]

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes it did, it just moved to the hotel's lobby....

The closing dinner ended abruptly. Based on experience, I was prepared for a lot more bloviating. It didn't happen!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Yes it did, it just moved to the hotel's lobby....

Ohh the hotel lobby ! I think Omera and I were in there till close to 2:00 am all four nights plus some other regulars :) Had to get home to rest up

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thanks for setting up this Rally Dave. I know your plate was really full this year. I had a fun time spending time with old friends and also meeting the new folks. Hopefully, Rally 12 will be in Toronto with a tour of the NFGT production line.

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 28, 2016
Thank you to all who made Rally 11 as great as it was! DBK – a year full of activity and travel! You amaze us each and every time! To Magic, Texas Mongrel, Silver Bullet, and Spirit for the fantastic scavenger hunt/scenic drive. Henry, Raj, and the drivers that took the time to pop in to the Suite and chat with us (and sign autographs and take photos)! Chris (07XL0027 - who shall soon be Austin Clean or some other new name), thank you for the dinner surprise! To Moose and GeeTee (aka The Hostage) – always a pleasure spending time with you. And the other Forum members - meeting the “tried and true” as well as all the newbies! We love these rallies for both the car events, and for the people! It is you guys that keep us coming back again and again. And a special shout-out to Francesca – thank you for your continued support – without it, I’m sure it would be even more challenging for Dave than it already is. We are already looking forward to R12 – wherever and whenever. It is a priority for our vacation planning! So – until we see each other again, au revoir.
Lady Moose & Blue Moose
P.S. We had challenges at the airport trying to get home, but it doesn’t matter – WE WON LE MANS!!! (to quote Joey Hand).

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Thank you to all who made Rally 11 as great as it was! DBK – a year full of activity and travel! You amaze us each and every time! To Magic, Texas Mongrel, Silver Bullet, and Spirit for the fantastic scavenger hunt/scenic drive. Henry, Raj, and the drivers that took the time to pop in to the Suite and chat with us (and sign autographs and take photos)! Chris (07XL0027 - who shall soon be Austin Clean or some other new name), thank you for the dinner surprise! To Moose and GeeTee (aka The Hostage) – always a pleasure spending time with you. And the other Forum members - meeting the “tried and true” as well as all the newbies! We love these rallies for both the car events, and for the people! It is you guys that keep us coming back again and again. And a special shout-out to Francesca – thank you for your continued support – without it, I’m sure it would be even more challenging for Dave than it already is. We are already looking forward to R12 – wherever and whenever. It is a priority for our vacation planning! So – until we see each other again, au revoir.
Lady Moose & Blue Moose
P.S. We had challenges at the airport trying to get home, but it doesn’t matter – WE WON LE MANS!!! (to quote Joey Hand).

Very well said, Monica and I concur! :thumbsup