California
Depends how many drinks we've had that though...:cheers

And how many we're carrying!

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Does anyone know a mobile detailer down around there? I'll be driving my car in and I'm sure she will need a bath once I get there.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about that detailer from Vegas with the model girl assistants? Or was that someone else?

Ed

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Hahaha, that was someone else... That kid was pretty good though.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
How far is it from the Rally hotel this year? Maybe we can find time to stop by and toast him there?

Let's do it for Bony! We all miss him, but great memories!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I think I know a local mobile detailer. I'll repost tomorrow to furnish contact info.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Since I will be driving from N.Va, I will want a cleaning too.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Does anyone know a mobile detailer down around there? I'll be driving my car in and I'm sure she will need a bath once I get there.

There was a guy at Rally 4 in Austin that came and washed all the Monarch Butterflies off after Goliad. I'm sure some one has his contact info.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

I have found a detailer that is checking with the rally hotel to setup shop in the parking garage. Depending on demand they may have an additional company there to handle the workload. Here is the primary company's website with contact info. Ex military very detail oriented. Contact for time slots.

http://jackbean79.wix.com/americancionzdetail

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I took my GT to my local Ford dealer (Covert Ford) yesterday and had them replace every fluid in the car plus install a new battery, a Ford Racing transmission cooler and perform a state inspection. I am officially ready for Rally 11. Although my fuel gauge is not working. I am looking forward to meeting you guys. Can't wait! I chose a poor screen name that I will have to live with so for all of you that have never met me (which is everyone) my name is Chris. See you soon in Austin (my hometown) and maybe some of you in Pebble Beach.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I took my GT to my local Ford dealer (Covert Ford) yesterday and had them replace every fluid in the car plus install a new battery, a Ford Racing transmission cooler and perform a state inspection. I am officially ready for Rally 11. Although my fuel gauge is not working. I am looking forward to meeting you guys. Can't wait! I chose a poor screen name that I will have to live with so for all of you that have never met me (which is everyone) my name is Chris. See you soon in Austin (my hometown) and maybe some of you in Pebble Beach.

Chris

I look forward to meeting you 07 XL0027, er...I mean Chris! Glad you will make it. Just keep an eye on your trip odometer. My yellow car has the same problem, so I fill up at 100 miles.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Where did you get a Ford cooler?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I chose a poor screen name that I will have to live with... Chris

You can change your screen name. See you in Austin and maybe the Pre-Rally.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Northwood GT was selling it on EBay last year or late 2014. I did the "Buy It Now" price to make sure I got it. It has been sitting on my shelf ever since.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I see one on EBay every now and then. Check with Northwood GT to see if he has any NOS.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Where did you get a Ford cooler?

Dr Frank, thanks for your advice on locating a new red top FORD GT Optima battery. The district Ford rep didn't even know they were available.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Just in case anybody cares, I doubt it but you're gonna hear it anyway. I sent my 2007 GT500 to Shelby American and they did a 40th anniversary conversion. 07= 2007 XL= Roman numeral 40 and 0027 is the 27th car in the series. I hope that clears up the mystery.
afaf9079c2585373e1d33c2ad87c0d15.jpg
266354e5dd9b77b7b588035ceed86703.jpg

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ok, but make your screen name easier.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I was thinking AustinGT? My license plate reads 05GT40. Any suggestions? How do I change it?

Last edited: