:agree:

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
like the look, I just hate the F1's

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have to agree with Topshot. The Goodyears are the worst Hi-Po tire I have had the displeasure to drive on.....wait, the Bridgestone Run-flats still hold that title but it is dang close. :frown

Having said that, the Goodyears really look fantastic with the RWLs.

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Great look hope it holds up.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Really nice look Ed. You got me thinking

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Thanks guys. They're pretty good overall. They do need some tweaking, though. Some of the letters are too small and don't fill in the outlines. I've been in contact with Tredwear who I have to say is very receptive to my concerns (and a big Ford GT fan!) and he's going to send me some replacements for the more egregious ones. Since I'm the 'guinea pig' for the GT and these tires, there's a bit a trial and error involved.

They look good from afar, but up close, the flaws become evident. As far as durability, I put almost 100 miles on the car today, up to about 100mph (closed course:)), and they're all still there.:) I'll update here once I can get the replacement letters.

IMG_1943_zps8f78bdde.jpg

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Has anyone done raised white letters on their GT tires , I saw a picture posted here in the owners section where a white / blue GT was parked outside of a building with a red head model looking down at it

I thought the raised white letters on the tires looked really good or was this photo shopped

Pictures would be nice if anyone has them

Thanks

I did mine by hand with a silver paint stick on my tungten car. I liked so much I made stencil molds of the tires so I could air brush them !! .. don't ask,,, yes I am a nut..:bored I haven't run the Goodyears for long time so the stencils didn't get much use.. It's a time consuming process by hand and it's hard to get it to last,,, most guys do it one time..

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
More pics after cleaning off about 3 million bugs off the front of the car.

IMG_1956_zpsbad8e295.jpg

IMG_1949_zps5829b0c1.jpg

IMG_1947_zps09867f4e.jpg

IMG_1954_zps29019253.jpg

IMG_1952_zps326bf8e4.jpg

IMG_1951_zps2e5908ea.jpg

IMG_1950_zps635ce3f4.jpg

IMG_1944_zps0ef540e0.jpg

As mentioned, all of them are intact after about 100+ mostly highway miles. It's a much better alternative to the tire paint. Applying the letters is a bit time consuming. Having an adhesive already on the backs of the letters would be ideal. Maybe he'll offer that someday?? Once the sizing issue is worked out, I'll be satisfied.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ed they really do look great.
Now, I suggest you get them working on the Bridgestone stencils because it won't be long before that is your tire of choice.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed they really do look great.
Now, I suggest you get them working on the Bridgestone stencils because it won't be long before that is your tire of choice.

Thanks Kevin.
He needs pictures of the actual tires to make the templates. I'm still holding out a bit longer hoping Michelin will make a taller rear (although they said they had no plans, it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer says one thing only to turn around and do something else).
Since everyone knows what they look like now, maybe someone with the Bridgestones will step up and get a template going for those tires??

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Send me his contact info Ed, I'll get pics and measurements and send them off to him.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Send me his contact info Ed, I'll get pics and measurements and send them off to him.

Pro. Thanks for stepping up. Since he's not a vendor, I'll send you the info via FB.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Pro. Thanks for stepping up. Since he's not a vendor, I'll send you the info via FB.

FB? You guys should have Instagram so we can connect. Ed? Pro?

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Love the idea of the lettering on the GT as well, could be best car there is for this rubber mod.
www.tirestickers.com looks the real deal
They had some Ford stuff.
Didn’t see any Bridgestone listed on their site
Stuart

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Love the idea of the lettering on the GT as well, could be best car there is for this rubber mod.
www.tirestickers.com looks the real deal
They had some Ford stuff.
Didn’t see any Bridgestone listed on their site
Stuart

I think I still have a Bridgestone set in my garage. If interested, I'll see if I can dig them out.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...hite-Letters-for-Bridgestone-Tires?highlight=

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I used the glue-on letters on my McLaren. Looked great, but after a few track days they started peeling off.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I think I still have a Bridgestone set in my garage. If interested, I'll see if I can dig them out.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...hite-Letters-for-Bridgestone-Tires?highlight=

I'll buy them if not already taken. Thanks!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You can always go custom.. I've done them twice. It's all about the preparation. The white set was a done on Hoosiers in the back. They held up to a track day..

Attachments

• 20160910_174938.jpg
    20160910_174938.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20160206_161314.jpg
    20160206_161314.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 106