Raised white letters on tires

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Has anyone done raised white letters on their GT tires , I saw a picture posted here in the owners section where a white / blue GT was parked outside of a building with a red head model looking down at it

I thought the raised white letters on the tires looked really good or was this photo shopped

Pictures would be nice if anyone has them

Thanks

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There was a time some 2 years age when painting the Goodyear letters was the subject of conversation on this blog. Some paint to outline the tires, maybe that person will join in with details. That's the best of my recollection .

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I am a redneck. I like raised letters, even though I don't like cleaning them.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like them too, as long as they aren't yellowed.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
This is probably the pic you're talking about. I stole the pic because I think it's fantastic and I want to try something similar with my long-legs sister-in-law. :lol

FORD_GT_lobby.jpg

I have no connection with this place, and no experience with their product, but unless you don't value your time, $25/tire seems far superior to many hours with an exacto knife, tape and paint. http://ironcrossinnovations.com/

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Try liquid white shoe polish. Comes off if you dont like it (used to use this in the autocrossing days to see tire roll to adjust tire pressures).

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have no connection with this place, and no experience with their product, but unless you don't value your time, $25/tire seems far superior to many hours with an exacto knife, tape and paint. http://ironcrossinnovations.com/

Wow, very interesting. Said to last the life of the tire.......

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
This is a better example --

ford-gt-03.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
This is a better example --

That is a mouthwatering pic of the prototype. :eek

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you do a search, you'll find the old info here. A number of people tried a number of products. Nothing lasted very long or very well. If you've got hours to paint your tires, good luck. Not much return on the investment.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Anyone try the appliques that Xcentric posted a link to? Maybe they work out?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
You poor fellas trying to paint billboards on those little rubberband tires... where's the beef lol?

These guys do some stencils and would make custom ones as well.

http://www.racelinedigital.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_75&sort=20a&page=2

attachment.php

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
egarage.JPG

egarage2.JPG

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Staring at the pic of "Stunts" car in that pic with the leggy red-head (ok, staring at the red head and glancing over at the car), I wanted to look into this further and found the old thread and the product used.

Product
Thread

Anyone have renewed interest in this?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
These are from a loooooong time ago. I wouldn't bother with it again. The 'tire paint' I used didn't stay on the tires at speeds above 60mph. I thought it looked great but it was a lot of trouble getting the letters just right, then it all came off on the first outing. The new iron-on letters might be a better option but I wouldn't use the Goodyear tires.

406432_3284989203136_770060298_n.jpg

409065_3284988923129_905506862_n.jpg

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
These are from a loooooong time ago. I wouldn't bother with it again. The 'tire paint' I used didn't stay on the tires at speeds above 60mph. I thought it looked great but it was a lot of trouble getting the letters just right, then it all came off on the first outing. The new iron-on letters might be a better option but I wouldn't use the Goodyear tires.

View attachment 28059

View attachment 28060

Thanks for the update, Fubar! That old thread ended a bit abruptly without any new info. It does look great though. What 'iron-on' letters are you referring to?

EDIT: Nevermind. Assume you're referring to that link for the Iron Cross product.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
EDIT: Nevermind. Assume you're referring to that link for the Iron Cross product.

I am hoping someone does this and gives us a report. I sure like the RWL tire on this particular car.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I am hoping someone does this and gives us a report. I sure like the RWL tire on this particular car.

The Iron Cross product seems like it would be a durable alternative and certainly much less time consuming than painting individual letters and numbers. But EACH tire costs $25. If it looks like hell in real life, well, that's $100 in the toilet. I'm not even sure they could be removed if they did look like crap.
Regardless, I just emailed them to see if they even have the templates for the Goodyears already made.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I always find it hard to believe there isn't an easier solution for this. Personally, I find the car looks way cooler with the white tire lettering. If there's a non-pain in the ass way to make that happen, please count me in.