Raised white letters on tires

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ed they really do look great.
Now, I suggest you get them working on the Bridgestone stencils because it won't be long before that is your tire of choice.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed they really do look great.
Now, I suggest you get them working on the Bridgestone stencils because it won't be long before that is your tire of choice.
Thanks Kevin.
He needs pictures of the actual tires to make the templates. I'm still holding out a bit longer hoping Michelin will make a taller rear (although they said they had no plans, it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer says one thing only to turn around and do something else).
Since everyone knows what they look like now, maybe someone with the Bridgestones will step up and get a template going for those tires??

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Send me his contact info Ed, I'll get pics and measurements and send them off to him.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Send me his contact info Ed, I'll get pics and measurements and send them off to him.
Pro. Thanks for stepping up. Since he's not a vendor, I'll send you the info via FB.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Pro. Thanks for stepping up. Since he's not a vendor, I'll send you the info via FB.
FB? You guys should have Instagram so we can connect. Ed? Pro?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Here are my Goodyear G-19s as they come from the factory.

Ed

Attachments

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
^^^ love to see pictures of the Bridgestones done.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
TireStickers are the guys who sponsored my car at SEMA. I’m gona have to give them my seal of approval, that’s completely unbiased.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
TireStickers are the guys who sponsored my car at SEMA. I’m gona have to give them my seal of approval, that’s completely unbiased.
Haha
Haha
Thanks for the morning laugh Mark!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Finally got around to it. I'll get some better outdoor pics tomorrow at the airstrip.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Ya know, that looks pretty damn good.

Howard

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Really damn good Ed.
Keep us posted on how things progress.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks fantastic.

:thumbsup

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Has anyone done raised white letters on their GT tires , I saw a picture posted here in the owners section where a white / blue GT was parked outside of a building with a red head model looking down at it

I thought the raised white letters on the tires looked really good or was this photo shopped

Pictures would be nice if anyone has them

Thanks

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I like them Ed. Well done.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I like them Ed. Well done.
:agree:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There was a time some 2 years age when painting the Goodyear letters was the subject of conversation on this blog. Some paint to outline the tires, maybe that person will join in with details. That's the best of my recollection .

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I am a redneck. I like raised letters, even though I don't like cleaning them.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like them too, as long as they aren't yellowed.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
This is probably the pic you're talking about. I stole the pic because I think it's fantastic and I want to try something similar with my long-legs sister-in-law. :lol

FORD_GT_lobby.jpg

I have no connection with this place, and no experience with their product, but unless you don't value your time, $25/tire seems far superior to many hours with an exacto knife, tape and paint. http://ironcrossinnovations.com/

Last edited: