Price increase!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, Just got my Girl out of the Spa for adjustments on front end rattle and squeaks as well as second Oil & Filter Change and found out Sue doesn’t spend this much for the Spa Treatment! Check the prices of Oil, filter and even slight increase on labor rate.

Attachments

• CC148EDA-F2FE-4253-9E2A-D4A940A708E8.jpeg
    CC148EDA-F2FE-4253-9E2A-D4A940A708E8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 231

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Tommy next time use the Motorcraft 5W-50 oil and avoid the GT ownership tax.....

Reactions: THamonGT

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
$490 labor is crazy its less than a 1 hour job. I took Bills advise on oil bought the correct filter, took to my normal shop was able to be under car the whole time and was charged $40.00 labor. It's not rocket science

Reactions: Special K

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
On the positive note.... I see you were able to get a free vacuum and car wash on the top line . $14.95 Value x2. I just hope that was a hand wash not a drive through.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I know for a fact the mechanic washed it by hand after test driving it 2 miles. He was paid well for his work obviously! 😜

Reactions: SPI

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
You can buy that oil off ebay. Not sure why only 10w-60 supercar is sold in the states and not the 5w50. You can buy 10w60 on Amazon.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Sorry, but that's just not right!
Mark

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Well tee-hee. Wait until your 30k mile service with the liquid gold transmission fluid replacement! And does your brake lubricant serve to reduce friction between the calipers and the disk pads?

Last edited:

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I can't stop laughing over "brake lubricant friction reduction " !!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I take it the 'Happy Ending' is implied!?

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
On the positive note.... I see you were able to get a free vacuum and car wash on the top line . $14.95 Value x2. I just hope that was a hand wash not a drive through.

Better a hand Wash than a hand job! but then again Like KINGMAN stated HAPPY ENDING!!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
You’ve got me worried, Tomy! My car is in there now getting new tyres and service, guess I’ll need a bank loan

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
My plan as of now will be to perform all of basic maintenance myself as I have yet to find a local dealership (of any make) to meet my level of expectation. Does any one know if a “shop manual” is or will ever be produced for the new GT?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
You’ve got me worried, Tomy! My car is in there now getting new tyres and service, guess I’ll need a bank loan
what? Mr DIY has his car in the shop?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes CD here: FWIW, my 2c the 18 car is a simpler oil change than the 05.

Does any one know if a “shop manual” is or will ever be produced for the new GT?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
they should upgrade the car wash to a bikini car wash

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
At least the manual works with Windows 3.1

Yes CD here: FWIW, my 2c the 18 car is a simpler oil change than the 05.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hey Tomy, what do you need 48 quarts of oil for ?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I haven't perused through alldata yet to see how much info is in there but it does show a couple TSB's. One for suspension rattle and I can't remember the other. Alldata has nothing for the 05/06

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Better a hand Wash than a hand job! but then again Like KINGMAN stated HAPPY ENDING!!!
they should upgrade the car wash to a bikini car wash

Should we host a Bikini Car Wash & Car Show in Chicago?