Phoenix Area Get Together

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
A few of us GT owners were together this afternoon, several of us will definitely be at Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning. However, I'll be driving a green Lambo Murcielago, not my GT. The evening at the Pavilions will be brutally hot (too hot for me!).

+1 for Saturday Cars & Coffee.

-1 for Saturday afternoon/evening Pavillions. = too hot.

Dinner .... maybe???

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Add 2 more for dinner

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
+2 for Cars and Coffee with 67 Mustang Restomod (GT undergoing cosemetic surgery in LA still)

Cannot attend Pavillions or dinner due to other plans. Am open to late evening drinks out or open to hosting at Red Velvet Lounge.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have been gone for the last two days but am back online now. I can set up a dinner at Don & Charlie's at 7pm on Sat. If anybody want's to come I will stop by the Pavillons Car Show from 5:30pm, leaving for the restaurant at 6:50. I don't think it will be unbearably hot then.

Chip

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
All,
I have been in the hospital for a few days. Had a mini stroke on Tuesday. It left my left side a little weak for now. It's hard for me to type so I can't put things together. Chip, if you could get an idea of how many people want to go to Don & Charles Saturday night and make reservations it would be great. Spddmnjay and I, along with our significant others, will head down to phoenix early Saturday afternoon.
Thanks
Rich

H

HHGT

Man that is awful news Rich, hope you're okay. Speedy recovery...

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Rich, I am happy to hear that you are out of the hospital. Thanks for taking your buddies advice to seek help. Life is to short too short. I'll see ya soon my friend :thumbsup

I'll call you from the road today.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Bummer! Get well soon!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Rich, get better!!!!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Rich - glad to hear you're ok. Hang in there buddy! Hope I can catch you Sat night. If not..."next time".

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chip, Per my text message to you Kim and I will be going directly to Don and Charlies tonight.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Apologies dudes and dudettes; spent the entire day at lake pleasant with the other rednecks cooking slowly. I'm too wiped out to drive out that far.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Just talked to Chip and Veronica while cruising with 4 other GTs!!

Have a great time tonight guys! Wish we were there!

Cruising in the GT today in West Texas in 75F temps was pure bliss... only thing missing was some more GTs!!! :cheers

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Glad you are OK Rich!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Wow, a GREAT turnout. 16 members (and 5 GTs) at Don & Charlie's tonight. I believe everybody had a super time.

Chip

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Evelyn and I had a GREAT time. It was very good to see old friends again. After dealing with health problems for the last 9 months, we really needed to get out. I feel better already.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Great to see everyone! We had a blast!

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Yes. Great turn out.

Good to see everyone and always great to meet new members.

Rich, thanks for starting this thread and I am glad you are doing better.

I think it may have something to do with listening to the beautiful harmony of the GT's exhaust purring ...... growling. :cheers

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Rich -

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Take good care of yourself, buddy. Will be in Tempe at the end of the month. Let me know if there are any good shows or GT get-togethers happening near there.

regards,

Jeff

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Because of working so much this past week we missed this thread. Thanks to the little GT birdies who told us about Rich & co. being in town. Started with cars and coffee in the morning, Scottsdale Pavillions car show in the afternoon, and dinner at Don and Charlie's in the evening. And what a turnout. GT owners from Canada, California, Ohio, and parts of Arizona were here. Very nice to see and meet everyone! And one of the best things...driving with the windows down, following 2 twin turbo GT's on the roads in beautiful Scottsdale Arizona. Priceless! Rich and Evelyn, Glad to hear you are making progress as you are infinitely priceless!