Orange and White GT

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
Check out this GT for sale
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=417111
Why it is for sale in MD when it has been spotted in CA I don't know.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
he must not of liked us at the rally last month when we met for cars and coffee...:confused

M

Mark O

I fnow have a craving for a creamsicle. :biggrin

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I like it. Sign me up.

I bid $79k

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hookem' Horns.

Fred, Bullitt...you guys near Austin interested in this ride?

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Couldn't the paint guy find the tape. They even over sprayed the defuser and the radiator. A cheep looking paint job for a very fine car makes it look like it was done with a can of spray paint by an amitor.:thumbsdow:bang:ack

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Good catch, nay to overspray bid reduced to 77k. Where do I push buy it now:biggrin

Actually I saw this one in person. The front and rear of the screens were painted to carry the stripe all the way through, they really did that on purpose. The car is really very clean. All of the work is high caliber, just not high taste for 99%.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Wonder if this car is gunna be the GT equivalent of "The Flying Dutchman"...or whatever the name of that ghost ship is/was. You know, like, it will just always mysteriously keep showing up from now 'til doomsday?

:willy:willy:willy

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Check out this GT for sale
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=417111
Why it is for sale in MD when it has been spotted in CA I don't know.

I'm almost sure that this is the same dealer who purchased and re-sold Centerpunch's midnight blue car last winter.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
If this is the same car from cars and coffee, I remember the car as being well finished and most of the remarks were favorable. It certainly got a lot of attention.

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
I didn't know power windows were an option......

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Hookem' Horns.

Fred, Bullitt...you guys near Austin interested in this ride?
Dad will have nothing to do with that car as long he wants to keep 2 sons! :thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
If this is the same car from cars and coffee, I remember the car as being well finished and most of the remarks were favorable. It certainly got a lot of attention.

I agree.

Not my taste, but certainly well done for what the guy wanted.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Play nice, not my cup of tea, however the workmanship that I observed seemed first class.
Bony

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not that there are a lot of white with orange stripe cars, but I am almost 1000% sure it is the same car that was at C & Coffee, as the logo on the steering wheel airbag, looks like it has been replaced, as it does not have the GT logo on it.

I thought it looked terrible in person, but as they say about opinions.....

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Can anyone make a picture of the car with polished wheels? I know, why bother.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
After cars & coffee the car came with us to Saleen and I spoke to the "owner". I asked him about the paint and he indicated all the paint jobs from Ford on our GT's were terrible and the striping incomplete as the stripes did not continue to the front air dam, the center hood air intake etc. He said he repainted his just to make it "right".

I thought it did look distinctive and was different than anything else but like Bony says, different strokes for different folks....

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Sorry Paul but the car at C&C ... had paint runs in it and it was not taken apart when painted. I think it is obvious that this is the same car. I have photos of it from the rally as I just could not believe that someone would do that to a GT. I wonder if it was a wrecked and rebuilt car?

S