Ok be honest...

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Honestly - I am very happy to just keep putting on the miles in my GT. Being chosen for consideration for the NFGT would be a big plus.

Like all of you, just waiting for Raj & Co to roll the dice.

Im with you Jeff,,, If I get one then its a huge bonus, If not then I will just enjoy the car that I have. Eric

Last edited:

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
We are all enjoying our GTs. Just the reason that GT owners should receive special recognition when the process begins. Good luck to all ( and me too )!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
half way thru February.. patiently sitting at my computer.. :rolleyes:rolleyes

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Getting closer buddy :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Getting closer buddy :biggrin

you ever see those teens who are glued to the screen bingeing on video games for days on end.. dorito stains on their shirts and coke cans strewn all over the place... :biggrin:biggrin

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
In your case it's plastic water bottles and skinless chicken.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
you ever see those teens who are glued to the screen bingeing on video games for days on end.. dorito stains on their shirts and coke cans strewn all over the place... :biggrin:biggrin

I'm with you!!! This wait is unbelievably painful. I can't imagine what a logistical nightmare this program is to create.

The first of its kind by Ford (I'm sure they want to protect the applicants as well as themselves on this one). Out of curiosity do they need a certain number of deposits before June in order to be eligible to race?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
In your case it's plastic water bottles and skinless chicken.

Uhmmm... Would you believe granola bar wrappers and soy milk cartons....:biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm with you!!! This wait is unbelievably painful. I can't imagine what a logistical nightmare this program is to create.

The first of its kind by Ford (I'm sure they want to protect the applicants as well as themselves on this one). Out of curiosity do they need a certain number of deposits before June in order to be eligible to race?

I was riding on the tram at the Daytona 24 hr race and there was a younger guy sitting next to me wearing the New GT jacket. I had just bought one there that day.. it wasn't cheap so I figured he was a big GT Fan..
So we started talking. Turns out he works for the company that is developing the GT application for Ford. He said he was in Contact with Raj all the time,, and he was tight lipped about what's in the content . It sounds like this is the 2nd company outside of Ford to take on the project... oh well... anxiously waiting.. Maybe DBK can define closer.. :biggrin .

:pop:pop

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I was riding on the tram at the Daytona 24 hr race and there was a younger guy sitting next to me wearing the New GT jacket. .. :biggrin .

Younger guy? Where does a teenager get enough money to buy an expensive jacket? :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Maybe DBK can define closer.. :biggrin .

You can safely take the weekend off from staring at your screen!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks!! That helps !! carpel tunnel setting in,,,:biggrin

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
... It sounds like this is the 2nd company outside of Ford to take on the project... oh well... anxiously waiting.. Maybe DBK can define closer.. :biggrin .

I never figured it would be outsourced... Interesting!!! (I'll admit, I'm crawling out of my skin... Thank God I'm busy at work, or my head would explode LOL).

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
It looks like Ford has chosen the best team and companies to develop and build this dream ride. I for one have complete trust in whatever they build.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I never figured it would be outsourced... Interesting!!! (I'll admit, I'm crawling out of my skin... Thank God I'm busy at work, or my head would explode LOL).

Makes complete sense for two reasons.

1. Ford is in the business of building automobiles, not selecting who buys them. There are companies far more qualified.
2. There are many, many qualified "Ford fans" that will want this car. Only a few will get them. For those that don't get the car, Ford can shoulder the blame a bit with some creative wording to retain Ford enthusiast.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just to make it absolutely clear, Ford Motor Company is selecting who gets the cars. They have partners that handle stuff like constructing websites and consumer marketing outreach, and one of those people would have been someone who Brian was talking to. An example would be Campbell Marketing putting together that hospitality and merchandise tent at Daytona. The actual allocating of cars is high level FMC.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
^^^^ EF Hutton speaks again!!

https://youtu.be/q7A-hbeIYfk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Just to make it absolutely clear, Ford Motor Company is selecting who gets the cars. They have partners that handle stuff like constructing websites and consumer marketing outreach, and one of those people would have been someone who Brian was talking to. An example would be Campbell Marketing putting together that hospitality and merchandise tent at Daytona. The actual allocating of cars is high level FMC.

Well, I guess I should just shut my pothole. Haha

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Cool, basement is kinda stuffy and I could use some fresh air anyway.

Attachments

• interesting_nifty_funny_amazing_nerd_computer_repair200907241531404201.jpg
    interesting_nifty_funny_amazing_nerd_computer_repair200907241531404201.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 210

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No more home photos please. Don't make me call your wife.