Ok be honest...

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I search the site every day but I don't know why I am doing it I have the storm cat alert system on my phone. I know Brian will call me the instant the application process begins [emoji106]

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, our good friend StormCat will call immedstrly after HE fills out the application.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
So ... I wake up every morning and I ask Myself " Is this the day" " Well, do you feel lucky Punk ? Well Do ya? " :biggrin
This reminds me of when the weather forecast says its going to be be 80 and sunny......... Then it rains :biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Fortunately there is no chance of anyone getting trampled to death when the virtual stampede starts to fill out an application.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Does everyone have their VINs and current mileage, date of purchase, and who knows even VINs of prior Fords owned at hand when this site opens??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, because I've always registered the cars on the Ford website.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
You mean you didn't get the 2017 Ford GT Ownership Application Email from Ford Performance this morning . . . . . me neither.

Vince H

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
They're all coming out of hiding !! ,, :biggrin
Stormy, I agree with your observation. A new, very limited production Ford GT is announced and Forum members who have been on this Forum for YEARS now become interested again. Where have you been? Perhaps some data will help illustrate.

Some randomly selected active Forum members with their metrics,

Posts vs Time1.gif

And other Forum members now showing amazing interest in petitioning Ford through the application process that they are an active GT owner wishing allocation consideration,

Posts vs Time.gif

It has been stated that Ford Program management has been watching this Forum for several years now and certainly before there was any hint of a follow-on new Ford GT design. Thus, it would be reasonable to assume they know the active members on this website. They also know the naysayers who believed a new GT design would never be offered again or weren't enthusiastic until a favorable allocation process was detailed.

As DBK has stated in another thread,

I am confident that Ford will do their best to get the cars into the hands of loyal enthusiasts that want the car because they love the car, the heritage, the performance, etc and those that will use it as intended.
Seems reasonable that is Ford’s goal and they will do their best to accomplish that task. Good luck to all.:thumbsup

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
And other Forum members now showing amazing interest in petitioning Ford through the application process that they are an active GT owner wishing allocation consideration...

Seems reasonable that is Ford’s goal and they will do their best to accomplish that task. Good luck to all.:thumbsup
I certainly hope the silver bullet of allocation isn't driven by a post count :screwy:.

This list seems very cynical... and would immediately exclude Jay Leno from getting one, :rofl

Yep, I am posting more since the announcement. I am also forcing myself to finally spend more time on my hobbies and to finally enjoy the fruits of my 12 hour day, 7 day a week labors (plus I want one as much as everyone else here). :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How many guys have made changes to their daily routine waiting for this GT application??

Maybe you're spending more time online here or on the Ford GT site waiting for the Application status to change from " Coming Soon " to " Apply Now " and hopefully you not so late and it says "Sorry Sold Out " .

Maybe you're checking your phone constantly ..,,, expecting a text from your GT buddy that the application is up and you better get on it !!

Maybe your postponing that trip so you not off somewhere where you can't be reached !! :lol ..

Or Maybe that's just me,,, the suspense is killing me !!.. :biggrin

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm waiting patiently. Certainly not changing my life for it. I don't think Ford is going to announce a web site at noon on Tuesday with application cutoff date of noon Wednesday. Probably at least a month if not more so everyone who wants one gets a chance to find out about it. It doesn't look like they are going to preannounce in the press for a future date, so when it opens the press will have to catch up. Then the ranking and rating (ranting and raving) to see who gets one goes on.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
half way thru February.. patiently sitting at my computer.. :rolleyes:rolleyes

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Maybe you're spending more time online here or on the Ford GT site waiting for the Application status to change from " Coming Soon " to " Apply Now " and hopefully you not so late and it says "Sorry Sold Out " .

Maybe you're checking your phone constantly ..,,, expecting a text from your GT buddy that the application is up and you better get on it !!
Keep adding bandwidth...keeps getting overrun. Lotta people checking on a daily basis.

Guess how my phone looks right now?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You mean you didn't get the 2017 Ford GT Ownership Application Email from Ford Performance this morning . . . . . me neither.

Vince H
Waking up every morning ,, excited like Xmas day,, check the stocking.. nope nothing.. not even a lump of coal so there is still hope !!! :biggrin

You do realize the EST guys have a head start !! Ha.. :willy

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I have been checking more often but not because I have any chance of being selected but rather for the entertainment of watching forum members turn into cannibals. Haha.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Be still my beating heart. Waiting with baited breath.

Vince H

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Getting closer buddy :biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California
My computer seems to be stuck on the FordGTForum site... can't seem to get anything done.... well can't get any work done. This is driving me crazy as well! :willy:willy:willy:willy

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I'm taking bids now on a kidney and/or lung if I was one of the lucky few!!

I wonder IF our current cars had remained under the radar and depreciated, if this car would be wanted by so many. I have to believe our cars are driving up the craziness of wanting the NFGT. CRAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Getting closer buddy :biggrin
you ever see those teens who are glued to the screen bingeing on video games for days on end.. dorito stains on their shirts and coke cans strewn all over the place... :biggrin:biggrin

Last edited: