Ok be honest...

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think I'm implicated on that list, but I was fortunate to be able to buy a car and join the forum about 2 years ago. When the original car came out I didn't have a pot to piss in. I've been active since I was fortunate enough to get a car. Happy some of you guys were able to get buy in 05-06 but lots of us weren't making ends meat then. I agree you original owners that STILL have your car should get priority, but we guys that got cars 1..2..5 years ago love the car just as much.

Love this forum but implying some "newbie" FGT guys are just active cause the new car is out is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I am definitely implicated on this list.. And that really hurts down deep inside Indy!!!! But it doesn't really bother me much because like a lot of other "young" members on this GT forum, I was still paying off school loans and getting out of huge debt before I started collecting cars, including my FGT.. Now, I'm ready, hopefully Mr Ford is reading this.... Lol. And if on the application if it asks me how long I plan on enjoying my Ford GT, I'm gonna say "Longer than the rest of the old farts on this board, because I will be around alot longer. ". Lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Stormy, I agree with your observation. A new, very limited production Ford GT is announced and Forum members who have been on this Forum for YEARS now become interested again. Where have you been? Perhaps some data will help illustrate.

Some randomly selected active Forum members with their metrics,

Hey, I've been to 9 Rallies! I missed the first one since I was new to the forum.

Ed

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
:facepalm:
Hey, I've been to 9 Rallies! I missed the first one since I was new to the forum.

Ed

There is already a flaw in the data!!!! Good catch Ed... Bill, we are disappointed.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Rally count is based on soberness. You and Ralphie were penalized.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
This thread reminds me to read Lord of the Flies again.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Ed

My bad Ed. Sorry!:facepalm:

Gentlemen, All-

Thank you for your comments. My sincere intent was not to impugn anyone, just trying to present some Forum time based participation data. And I did mean to put in my original post (got sidetracked trying to embed the list data) that although web activity will likely be considered, it is most probably that this is by no means the ONLY activity factor considered by the Ford selection team. There are many other car activities which I believe would also count towards publically identifying commitment to the Ford GT heritage. And I certainly understand that 11 years ago many who really desired to purchase a FGT may not have had the financial resources to make it happen. Life is what life is.

Just had to chime in on this thread. It would be nice if anyone who wanted a new Ford GT could get one but that simply isn't in the cards. I think Ford will be fair in their decision process and if you are interested in getting one, then you will need to apply and hope luck will be on your side. I have had a GT in my stable since 2005, at times I have had up to four of them at once. The 2005 to 2006 GT is an incredible car and as we all know, it's also a timeless car given its close DNA to the original GT 40. The new GT will also be an iconic car but with more focus to the future and less DNA from the original GT 40. So where am I going with this? Two thoughts. First, don't let the decision process for the new GT get in the way of the fellowship on this forum. Wether you are a new owner or an original owner, you will all have a chance at a new GT but more importantly, we are all car guys who love the Ford GTs regardless of vintage. Secondly, if you apply and don't get the opportunity, there's always next year and know that Ford is trying to control the secondary market so that you may get a shot at a used one when they become available. I will apply like anyone else but if I don't get one I am good with the fact that I still own the last V8 powered Ford GT with amazing looks and DNA. It's OK because I still have one of the most iconic cars ever made which I absolutely adore. Have fun everyone and throw your name in the hat when the games begin. Good luck to all!

Exactly bmoullet! And an excellent post IMO.

We as a group are already winners with 05-06 FGT ownership!:thumbsup

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
While everyone is bickering about post counts, I drove my old decrepit 45k mile '05 FGT about 90 miles yesterday. Took it to my favorite brewery, with my pit bull riding shotgun. Wonderful weather here. :biggrin

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
While everyone is bickering about post counts, I drove my old decrepit 45k mile '05 FGT about 90 miles yesterday. Took it to my favorite brewery, with my pit bull riding shotgun. Wonderful weather here. :biggrin

Weather here was great too. I took my falling apart 59,000 car on a drive to know where. My wife calling asking where in the world I was.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Enjoying mine in Pebble Beach Califoinia at the AT&T today.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
I plowed the driveway. Twice!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That's funny right there!!

Oh, hadn't you heard? Part of the application will be a theme titled "Why I should get a 2017 Ford GT instead of ... "

[video=youtube;q8L86Z8YgeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8L86Z8YgeQ[/video]

Don't shoot your eye out.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Relax.

Breathe.

It's going to be OK.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Oh, hadn't you heard? Part of the application will be a theme titled "Why I should get a 2017 Ford GT instead of ... "

[video=youtube;q8L86Z8YgeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8L86Z8YgeQ[/video]

Don't shoot your eye out.

Exactly:thumbsup

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Bickering, accusation, one-upmanship... Most apropos in the larger scheme of things.. Again... Chillax

image.jpeg

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Funny with over 1600 posts I was included in the second chart with others in the 30 to 600 post category.... Been a member since 2005 and have attended 7 or 8 of the 10 rally's... Would have made the others but had some pretty bad medical issues I was dealing with.

Any pub is good pub as I didn't make either list. Story of my life, my tombstone will read "Here lies SteveA, Never Made A list, Not Indy's, Not Fords, Only Wife's."

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Perhaps you could raise award winning dogs, cats or livestock?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Perhaps you could raise award winning dogs, cats or livestock?

Steve... I'll be your 1st sponsor.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
All this reminds me of a parable Jesus said 2000 years ago. Not comparing the NFGT to heaven but maybe a little bit of heaven on earth. Doesn't matter when you come to the party, long as you are there.

Matthew 20:1-16New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2 He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

3 “About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4 He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ 5 So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. 6 About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

7 “‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Honestly - I am very happy to just keep putting on the miles in my GT. Being chosen for consideration for the NFGT would be a big plus.

Like all of you, just waiting for Raj & Co to roll the dice.