whats this I hear about a new GT?

They're all coming out of hiding !! ,, :biggrin

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'll admit I'm checking the site more than in the past and will keep doing so - I can't help it :)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I search the site every day but I don't know why I am doing it I have the storm cat alert system on my phone. I know Brian will call me the instant the application process begins [emoji106]

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, our good friend StormCat will call immedstrly after HE fills out the application.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Fortunately there is no chance of anyone getting trampled to death when the virtual stampede starts to fill out an application.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Does everyone have their VINs and current mileage, date of purchase, and who knows even VINs of prior Fords owned at hand when this site opens??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, because I've always registered the cars on the Ford website.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
They're all coming out of hiding !! ,, :biggrin

Stormy, I agree with your observation. A new, very limited production Ford GT is announced and Forum members who have been on this Forum for YEARS now become interested again. Where have you been? Perhaps some data will help illustrate.

Some randomly selected active Forum members with their metrics,

Posts vs Time1.gif

And other Forum members now showing amazing interest in petitioning Ford through the application process that they are an active GT owner wishing allocation consideration,

Posts vs Time.gif

It has been stated that Ford Program management has been watching this Forum for several years now and certainly before there was any hint of a follow-on new Ford GT design. Thus, it would be reasonable to assume they know the active members on this website. They also know the naysayers who believed a new GT design would never be offered again or weren't enthusiastic until a favorable allocation process was detailed.

As DBK has stated in another thread,

I am confident that Ford will do their best to get the cars into the hands of loyal enthusiasts that want the car because they love the car, the heritage, the performance, etc and those that will use it as intended.

Seems reasonable that is Ford’s goal and they will do their best to accomplish that task. Good luck to all.:thumbsup

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
And other Forum members now showing amazing interest in petitioning Ford through the application process that they are an active GT owner wishing allocation consideration...

Seems reasonable that is Ford’s goal and they will do their best to accomplish that task. Good luck to all.:thumbsup

I certainly hope the silver bullet of allocation isn't driven by a post count :screwy:.

This list seems very cynical... and would immediately exclude Jay Leno from getting one, :rofl

Yep, I am posting more since the announcement. I am also forcing myself to finally spend more time on my hobbies and to finally enjoy the fruits of my 12 hour day, 7 day a week labors (plus I want one as much as everyone else here). :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormy, I agree with your observation. A new, very limited production Ford GT is announced and Forum members who have been on this Forum for YEARS now become interested again. Where have you been? Perhaps some data will help illustrate.

Some randomly selected active Forum members with their metrics,

View attachment 41256

And other Forum members now showing amazing interest in petitioning Ford through the application process that they are an active GT owner wishing allocation consideration,

View attachment 41257

It has been stated that Ford Program management has been watching this Forum for several years now and certainly before there was any hint of a follow-on new Ford GT design. Thus, it would be reasonable to assume they know the active members on this website. They also know the naysayers who believed a new GT design would never be offered again or weren't enthusiastic until a favorable allocation process was detailed.

As DBK has stated in another thread,

Thank you for this segment we'll call " Fun Facts with Indy GT " :biggrin

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I think I'm implicated on that list, but I was fortunate to be able to buy a car and join the forum about 2 years ago. When the original car came out I didn't have a pot to piss in. I've been active since I was fortunate enough to get a car. Happy some of you guys were able to get buy in 05-06 but lots of us weren't making ends meat then. I agree you original owners that STILL have your car should get priority, but we guys that got cars 1..2..5 years ago love the car just as much.

Love this forum but implying some "newbie" FGT guys are just active cause the new car is out is crazy.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I think I'm implicated on that list, but I was fortunate to be able to buy a car and join the forum about 2 years ago. When the original car came out I didn't have a pot to piss in. I've been active since I was fortunate enough to get a car. Happy some of you guys were able to get buy in 05-06 but lots of us weren't making ends meat then. I agree you original owners that STILL have your car should get priority, but we guys that got cars 1..2..5 years ago love the car just as much.

Love this forum but implying some "newbie" FGT guys are just active cause the new car is out is crazy.

I don't think the implication is that all newbies are here just to get 'facetime' with Ford in the hope of getting a chance at the new one. I think it's obvious who those people are and their posting history.

I must have been sitting next to you on that same financial boat. I was just getting clear of making less than minimum wage when the 05-06's came out. I had an offer to buy one in 2009-ish for 150K. The want was bad but I still couldn't afford it. If anything, some of us that bought during the boom years and actually drive them (i.e. not those that saw the market trend, bought, and stashed away as an investment) are just as enthusiastic, if not more so considering we actually paid a significant premium.

I have been very active on this board from the moment I purchased 3 1/2 years ago and have been to every Rally since I've been an owner. Does that mean i have a shot at the new one? Not a chance. I'm ok with that. So many on here that are much more deserving, and I sincerely hope they get their hands on one (and give me a ride at one of the future rallys).

EDIT: Let me just add, that if one of the fine ladies or gentlemen from FoMoCo are reading this, I would be eternally grateful if I could get my hands on an allocation for a GT350R as a consolation for not getting a new GT. Kthx:lol

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Logic would say that Ford wants these to go to "Car Guys" that show, display, enjoy and drive them... I think its also safe to say that almost every single owner of a Ford GT, or replica GT40 for that matter, is a car guy on steroids!!!

Allocation processes should be designed to weed out Greedy Dealers and Investment Squatters...

I join forums for every car I buy, as a valuable resource for repairs, questions and occasional banter. A lack of participation in idle chit chat, does not and should not be mis-interpreted as a lack of love for our cars and interest in them.

Ford is intelligent and knows this. Are they on this site? Hell yeah, its a valuable marketing resource, we are the target market... of course they are watching, learning and designing the product (as well as its MSRP) around its market... They are also on Rennlist, F-Chat and 6Speed etc...

My wife and I couldn't afford the '06 when I bought it new, but I bit the bullet because of the insatiable desire to own it. We had many discussions on how to swing it.

I think Ford could go one of two ways on this allocation and it has all of us second guessing their real intensions. Time will tell, but I am addicted to this site, as well as; Hemmings, Bring-a-trailer, EBAY, Mecum, Barrett, R&M.... and the list goes on.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
The Ford reps at Barrett-Jackson said I should check here for allocation information. I told them I'll get registered...

A lack of participation in idle chit chat, does not and should not be mis-interpreted as a lack of love for our cars and interest in them.

Exactly. Some of the stuff I've read since the NFGT announcement = :facepalm:

I've been checking this board twice a week since the rally announcement on behalf of a couple of family members interested in the NFGT. They are old school guys with extensive Ford only collections that started in the late 70's. They have -minimal- social media involvement. At the same time I'm quite sure they define the "loyal enthusiast" Indy GT was referring to. A small portion of their application concerning Ford ownership will include the following:

Original owner 2006 FGT-check
Original owner 1989 F350 with 450,000 miles (still daily driven)-check
Original owner 1986 Thunderbird turbo coupe with 200,000 miles (vacation home driver)-check
Post count-zero

:lol

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Everybody on this forum has a 50-50% chance of being chosen to receive the new FGT. You either get one or you don't.

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just had to chime in on this thread. It would be nice if anyone who wanted a new Ford GT could get one but that simply isn't in the cards. I think Ford will be fair in their decision process and if you are interested in getting one, then you will need to apply and hope luck will be on your side. I have had a GT in my stable since 2005, at times I have had up to four of them at once. The 2005 to 2006 GT is an incredible car and as we all know, it's also a timeless car given its close DNA to the original GT 40. The new GT will also be an iconic car but with more focus to the future and less DNA from the original GT 40. So where am I going with this? Two thoughts. First, don't let the decision process for the new GT get in the way of the fellowship on this forum. Wether you are a new owner or an original owner, you will all have a chance at a new GT but more importantly, we are all car guys who love the Ford GTs regardless of vintage. Secondly, if you apply and don't get the opportunity, there's always next year and know that Ford is trying to control the secondary market so that you may get a shot at a used one when they become available. I will apply like anyone else but if I don't get one I am good with the fact that I still own the last V8 powered Ford GT with amazing looks and DNA. It's OK because I still have one of the most iconic cars ever made which I absolutely adore. Have fun everyone and throw your name in the hat when the games begin. Good luck to all!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I'll be first to say that in no way should i financially purchase a NFGT, however, if I was lucky enough to get an allocation, I would sell some assets/land/kidney...to be able to swing it. Most of all I would DRIVE it to car shows, cars and coffee, to dinner with the wife, and long weekend drives to nowhere.

I'm active on all my car forums and gain tons of information on maintence, troubleshooting, and info on new purchases.

I do hope ONLY current FGT owners get one. I think that's only fair.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'll be first to say that in no way should i financially purchase a NFGT, however, if I was lucky enough to get an allocation, I would sell some assets/land/kidney...to be able to swing it. Most of all I would DRIVE it to car shows, cars and coffee, to dinner with the wife, and long weekend drives to nowhere.

I'm active on all my car forums and gain tons of information on maintence, troubleshooting, and info on new purchases.

I do hope ONLY current FGT owners get one. I think that's only fair.

Sounded like a cover letter for a job application :)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Sounded like a cover letter for a job application :)

That's funny right there!!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
l'm not worried, showed Henry my GT tattoo at the race and he immediately said your in! (or was it insane) o well no bother:wink