Oil Separator

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for the feedback. I'll call them today. I understand they make one for the GT500 too, which I also need.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
I have one a like it because it look the most OEM of anything I have scene. That matter when I get my bi-annual smog test, not having to remove a system that it obviously an add on.

Also Evan give GREAT product support and service!

p.s. I know Ed Sims and GTED also have one.

Thanks BlackICE,
Glad to hear that our unit is working great for you. Shadowman and the GT Guys have been installing a quite a few too so there should be some others offering more feedback I'm sure. :thumbsup

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Yes, Evan's product is first rate, and looks OEM. A nice guy to boot.

GTED

I have one a like it because it look the most OEM of anything I have scene. That matter when I get my bi-annual smog test, not having to remove a system that it obviously an add on.

Also Evan give GREAT product support and service!

p.s. I know Ed Sims and GTED also have one.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Evan,

I sent you a pm.

Paul

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Here are a couple of photos of our unit installed along with our transaxle breather for those that requested it.
FGT_AOS_001.jpg

FGT_AOS_002.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Website for this unit? I could only find Guyett perfomance media.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Website for this unit? I could only find Guyett perfomance media.
That's correct. Our new website should be up within the next 45 days www.guyettperformance.com

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Might you PM me the price for the engine vent piece?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
What is inside the can?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Thanks BlackICE,
Glad to hear that our unit is working great for you. Shadowman and the GT Guys have been installing a quite a few too so there should be some others offering more feedback I'm sure. :thumbsup

I picked mine up via Shadowman around the last Rally time frame. Installation took ~ 20 minutes.... Look like it should have came with the car to begin with.

Great piece made to fit the FGT!

Thanks Evan and Shadowman

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Here is another Vote for the Guyett Performance separator, I installed mine at the track during the Rally. Here are the results after 1500 miles.
2.1 OZ in the plastic cup is what came out. I much prefer it in the separator rather then in my intake tube.
oilfromblow-bytank.jpg

Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
After installation, has anyone ran any type of cleaner to get rid of the build up created prior to having the separator.

I have a system to run a commercial cleaner directly in to the port in the intake. Just want to make sure there is no chance of damaging anything if I do so.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
After installation, has anyone ran any type of cleaner to get rid of the build up created prior to having the separator.

I have a system to run a commercial cleaner directly in to the port in the intake. Just want to make sure there is no chance of damaging anything if I do so.

Hey Jeff
Not sure if I would do that. The oil that get sucked in normally collects in little drain pan type area and drains back to the heads or back into the drain pan.
If you use a solvent it could to get into your oil system. I cleaned my intercooler coil by spraying the intercooler fins directly with CRC lectra motive no residue, high evap rate cleaner. It was evaporates before it gets to the bottom on the intercooler. Of course the blower needs to be off for this. If you pull the blower to change the oil that is a good time..or if you suck up some filter bits like what happened to me !! There is a picture somewhere of the oil drain return so you can see what I am talking about,, B.

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
Hi MAD IN NC and Lorenzo, I'm very pleased to hear that our units are working great for both of you guys :thumbsup I completely agree with Stormcat, the intake has a drainback and I would also not advise putting anything in the way of a solvent into the intake and contaminating the oil. As stated, if you are removing the supercharger, than CRC parts cleaner or Lectra-Motive and a clean towel work well for wiping off the inlet, discharge, and I/C core; otherwise, just install the separator and in time that residual oil will move thru. Let me know if you have any questions.:thumbsup

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just wanted to chime in with another 'me too' endorsement of the Guyett Performance oil separator. I got it earlier this week and after marveling at the build quality and attention to details to make it look OEM, figured I'd install it this weekend.

Nope, last night I read the instructions and looked at the pictures for about 10 minutes, walked out to the garage to look in the engine bay and check location, threads etc. Really just wanted to see if I needed to pick up anything on the way home from work so I could to the install.....5 minutes later it was installed. Done. It really is an OEM fit and look. Right down to the hose clamps and finish.

Thanks for a very nicely detailed and well constructed item that 'disappears' so well and was so easy to install.

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
Who do you have to kill to get a price?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

PM eg1985.

BTW I got about an ounce of oil driving to and from Mojave about 900 miles.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Guyett Air-Oil Seperator for the Heffner TT

Gentlemen,

There is currently no Guyett oil seperator kit available for the Heffner TTGT but that is about to change. After last weekend's Mojave event I took my car to Guyett in Fresno and left it so they could prototype a system optimized for our TT's. It will be available for sale soon. Cheers.

Chip

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA
PM eg1985.

BTW I got about an ounce of oil driving to and from Mojave about 900 miles.

That's great to hear!

eg1985

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2007
Fresno, CA

PM'd you.