October Mojave Magnum anyone?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
The problem with this event is that there is a race in Dallas one week or so after that plus the Texas Mile is just 2 weeks from Mojave. To many events scheduled for the month of October. Wish everyone well and we will be watching. We are making a bunch of new additions to the car this year and will unveil an all new wrap design. Will keep everyone posted on how things go.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Soroush is going to need a much bigger shot to do 230 with the DA at Mojave. I think he ran a 219 at TX when the temps were 95+ with high humidity. I think he needs to practice first so that he can beat Mullet consistently before he has a chance for the Mojave record.

a guy from Canada who is a member of this site went 230 mph at the Texas mile with a built motor and a supercharger. he had nitrous but it wasn't working, so....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
a guy from Canada who is a member of this site went 230 mph at the Texas mile with a built motor and a supercharger. he had nitrous but it wasn't working, so....
He had a bigger blower, more boost and a giant ice chest.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
He had a bigger blower, more boost and a giant ice chest.

spray that beast with a 300 shot of the sauce and watch it FLY :biggrin

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Mojave Magnum event is a month away, I'd like to do a survey to see what's the experts' opinion here. I'm trying to decide which Driver Class should I tech for. Remember now, the tech speed for Driver Class B is 200mph, and tech speed for Class A (with unshave tires) is 210mph. There is an allowable tolerance of up to 5mph; exceeding by 5.1mph, the run and speed achieved will be disallowed, and if exceeded 3 times...., you are out......

My GT is whippled with gen 2 with 17 or 19 psi and dyno'd ~720rwhp, as I remember.

So, with is set up, and with Mojave's elevation and DA (hey, Fast Freddy, I'm speaking your language!), what do you think my chances of exceeding 205mph from a standing start 1.5 mile format? I ask because if it is probable that I'll exceed 205mph, I'll need a HANS device. If you think my chances of exceeding 205 is unlikely, then, I'll skip the HANS device, (no need to ask me what my neck is worth....blah, blah, blah...;)since I rather not use it when I do track events, and that my desire of doing another Mojave-type event would be fairly low, once I get my official time slips of 2xxmph. I just want to officially join the 200+mph club, but I definitely don't want to back off the throttle if the car would go beyond 205 at this event....

Let me know what you think, thx!

GTED

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Ed with 1.5 miles if you have good weather (cool and a lower DA) and no headwind you should pass 205 unless you hold back or shift really poorly. I would guess about somewhere between 208 and 213. Now if it is hot and the wind is against you, you don't need a Hans for tech, but it would be better for safety. If you change the pulley bumping up the boost and get some Sherwin Williams "gas" in NV you can go even faster! :lol

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Ice,

Your mentioning the Sherwin Williams gas reminds me of the time watching you blending your special "cocktail" gas at the parking lot during one of the previous Mojave/GT Speed Day. Good times, good times!

Ed

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Ed with 1.5 miles if you have good weather (cool and a lower DA) and no headwind you should pass 205 unless you hold back or shift really poorly. I would guess about somewhere between 208 and 213. Now if it is hot and the wind is against you, you don't need a Hans for tech, but it would be better for safety. If you change the pulley bumping up the boost and get some Sherwin Williams "gas" in NV you can go even faster! :lol

+ 1

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
so we got 120 cars and motorcycles registered per day for the two day race. six of those vehicles are GT's. as of this morning the air temp's look like they will be in the 60's for the morning runs and the 70's for the afternoon runs....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
so we got 120 cars and motorcycles registered per day for the two day race. six of those vehicles are GT's. as of this morning the air temp's look like they will be in the 60's for the morning runs and the 70's for the afternoon runs....
The temps sound good. What's your est. on the DA?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I will be bringing my 2011 GT (Mustang) with the Ford 624 HP supercharger kit installed (using Ford's tune, but with the speed limiter removed. I will also have my Silver State Unlimited Class Camaro (703 HP at the flywheel) and I will also be driving SkyRex's twin turbo Ford GT.

I will only be there on Sunday, should be a religious experience...

Richard Hille
The GT School

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Any results from today?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
With 766 rwhp i went 192.3 mph in the mile this morning with a 4500 DA and no winds. did not get to run until 10:30 am this morning. Gonna run the 1.5 mile tommorow and hopefully I can get an earlier run in the morning. Tailwinds late in the afternoon today but I did not get a chance to make any runs with the tailwinds....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
With 766 rwhp i went 192.3 mph in the mile this morning with a 4500 DA and no winds. did not get to run until 10:30 am this morning. Gonna run the 1.5 mile tommorow and hopefully I can get an earlier run in the morning. Tailwinds late in the afternoon today but I did not get a chance to make any runs with the tailwinds....
I presume that is an adjusted 766 RWHP at sea level DA on a dyno. It going to be tough to beat 200 in a mile at Mojave with just a blower. The high DA and rising IAT2 at the end of the run kill the power. If you actually had 766 RWHP all the way down the runway I think the car can do 200 in the mile. Maybe 50 MPH tailwind would do the trick too.

Got to get some NOS! :lol

How many run did must people get today?

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - as it stands right now I have the track record for a supercharged GT in the mile. The 766 rwhp/670 rwtq was done a dynojet with SAE correction which is the industry standard. I smoked the Bridgestone tires hard in 1st gear and hazed them in 2nd. Mojave does not allow burnouts to heat the tires prior to the run like the Texas Mile does....

Last edited:

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I was second in line when the grid went open and never was out of either the track or directly back in line......got only 3 runs all day, and 2 were novice runs, I was very disappointed. Some McLaren guy there complained he only got 2 runs total. Hours and hours of just standing around......

But the track was nice, and the organizer folks were nice.....except for whoever picked the number of entrants.....way way way over-booked.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I was second in line when the grid went open and never was out of either the track or directly back in line......got only 3 runs all day, and 2 were novice runs, I was very disappointed. Some McLaren guy there complained he only got 2 runs total. Hours and hours of just standing around......

But the track was nice, and the organizer folks were nice.....except for whoever picked the number of entrants.....way way way over-booked.....
A bummer. I hope tomorrow is better for you guy. I loved the GT only events with a much shorter line.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Freddy how smooth is the runway compared to the 1st time you ran there?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

So, how did you do, Ross?
If you want to run flat out (albeit only for 1/2 mile), then come up north for the next Airstrip Attack event. If I didn't take breaks, I probably could have made 10-15 runs all day.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
I was there as well, and I completely agree that the event was oversold. I got in a total of four runs although two of them were novice. having said that, I was there for about 10 hours to get my four runs. I got a 210 and 213 in the Mojave Magnum. tomorrow I plan on knocking down 215. 19 pounds of boost on a 3.4 liter Whipple with a cold air intake and race gas making 800 the wheels