GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I registered.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Freddy how much boost are your going to run at Mojave? What type of fuel and are you going to use nitrous?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Freddy how much boost are your going to run at Mojave? What type of fuel and are you going to use nitrous?

a 3.25" pulley on my 4.0L Whipple should make a minimum of 20 lbs of boost. fuel will be 105 octane VP unleaded. bridgestone tires. no nitrous yet....

how about you?

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Has anyone re-confirmed with MKM that: 1. FGTs are still exempt from rollcage up to Class A3, and 2. our disc brakes are "excellent" enough for the parachute exemption for up to Class A3? Also, I don't see anywhere within the Rule Book indicating what the speed limit is for Class A3..... The Rule Book does indicate the speed limits for the "driver license".

thx

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - THE FORD GT HAS A ROLL BAR EXEMPTION IN THE A3 CLASS!!! i am not sure if any other cars have this.... A Ford GT does not have to have a roll bar or roll cage provided it has all the other required safety equipment to run in the A3 class which will allow you to run a max speed of 235 mph as previously stated correctly by another forum member in this thread. if you don't have Hoosier R6 tires then you are limited to a max speed of 225 mph with Bridgestone or Goodyear tires that are shaved to 6/32 of tread depth. with more than 6/32 of tread depth you are limited to a max speed of 215 mph. there are many rules. so many in fact that i am not going to take the time to write what is clearly stated in Mojave's rule book. you need to read their rule book inside and out so that you know it like you were to take apart an M-16 rifle blindfolded and put it back together so as not to be dissapointed as you go through tech. if you show up thinking that you got it right and you don't then they will only let you run as fast as your car is prepped to meet their rules no matter how much money you try to bribe them with.

the good news is that if you are too fast on the 1.5 mile course for their safety requirements you can run the 1 mile course instead as this will drop your speed by more or less 20 mph depending on how your car is set up. this also goes for passing tech.

don't forget their is also a driver tech speed limit as well depending upon your experience.

personally i have the credentials from a driver perspective to run in the unlimited class even though my car doesn't. the lesser of the two of your qualifications will determine your tech speed limit.

if i was personally in charge of tech at any type of race event anywhere in the world > then a driver who goes through my tech who knows the rule book inside and out is what i consider a safe racer. if somebody were to show up at a race where i were the Tech steward and they hadn't taken the time to read and know the rule book than i would deem that person unsafe.

when it comes to Mojave the iceman is the king and maverick is a joker....

Mojave aint not Texas mile. this is a Professional, Sanctioned racing organization like the Bonneville Salt Flats :wink

Last edited:

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
With regards to your tires being shaved...that means I should NOT just buy new bridgestones and show up? Why does shaving them need to be done

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
With regards to your tires being shaved...that means I should NOT just buy new bridgestones and show up? Why does shaving them need to be done
The deeper the tread the more tread squirm and thus heat generated in the tire. Excessive heat is one of the major causes of tire failure. (Y) tire are rated for more than 186 MPH, how much more isn't stated. So the tech rules are trying to minimize the risks.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

so i take it that you think you have what it takes to go faster then 215 mph then? do you have Nitrous or a Whipple supercharger or Turbo's and how much rwhp does your GT put down on a dyno....

Last edited:

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
didn't see the 215 mph cap. I should be just under. probably 790ish rwhp on 100 octane. 3.4 with GTG intake 20 psi. I did 201 last year... but that was with 715 rwhp and the big mistake... shifting to 6th... you can see on my video i lose probably 7 mph right there...So I will be fine with brand new bridgestones then? Plust arm restraints, plus HANS device, fire extinguisher, and 5 pt harness.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
didn't see the 215 mph cap. I should be just under. probably 790ish rwhp on 100 octane. 3.4 with GTG intake 20 psi. I did 201 last year... but that was with 715 rwhp and the big mistake... shifting to 6th... you can see on my video i lose probably 7 mph right there...So I will be fine with brand new bridgestones then? Plust arm restraints, plus HANS device, fire extinguisher, and 5 pt harness.

the 213 mph i did at the Magnum 1.5 mile race last year was with 751 rwhp on a dynojet. i had a 20 mph tailwind blowing me down the track. the corrected density altitude was real HIGH as the race was in June which was a speed killer though. i estimate the tailwind gave me an extra 6 mph. so without the tailwind i would have only went 207 mph. a GT is very little effected by tailwinds or headwinds as result of being so low to the ground which provides very little surface area for the winds to push on. A truck or a Dodge magnum will see a 10 mph boost in speed with a 20 mph tailwind as a result of way more surface area in which the winds can push on.

with all of that said the potential is there for greater speeds this year because the race will be in October and the DA should be lower. Mojave is still a slower track than the Texas mile as Mojave resides at a Higher elevation.

bottomline is that i think any GT that puts down in excess of 800 rwhp on a Dynojet or 750 rwhp on a Mustang dyno has the potential to go faster than 215 mph at Mojave in October on their 1.5 mile course if the DA and winds are favorable.

i should be bringin more or less 830 rwhp this year when Kendall turns up the boost and Torrie does a retune on my GT prior to the race.....

if you exceed your tech speed on the 1.5 mile course then you can still run the 1 mile course so either way you can't lose :thumbsup

Last edited:

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Guys, I plan to be there in both my GT and a special project car that I want to bust 200 in. I guess I don't need to remind everyone THAT I WENT 210 LAST TIME. Can't wait to spool it up again. I think I'm going with Hoosiers this time. It will be great to see some of the GT crowd there.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How many runs will you guys get? I'm not planning on going. Too many cars.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
How many runs will you guys get? I'm not planning on going. Too many cars.

Ed
To bad there aren't any more private FGT only events...:frown

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
the 213 mph i did at the Magnum 1.5 mile race last year was with 751 rwhp on a dynojet. i had a 20 mph tailwind blowing me down the track. the corrected density altitude was real HIGH as the race was in June which was a speed killer though. i estimate the tailwind gave me an extra 6 mph. so without the tailwind i would have only went 207 mph. a GT is very little effected by tailwinds or headwinds as result of being so low to the ground which provides very little surface area for the winds to push on. A truck or a Dodge magnum will see a 10 mph boost in speed with a 20 mph tailwind as a result of way more surface area in which the winds can push on.

with all of that said the potential is there for greater speeds this year because the race will be in October and the DA should be lower. Mojave is still a slower track than the Texas mile as Mojave resides at a Higher elevation.

bottomline is that i think any GT that puts down in excess of 800 rwhp on a Dynojet or 750 rwhp on a Mustang dyno has the potential to go faster than 215 mph at Mojave in October on their 1.5 mile course if the DA and winds are favorable.

i should be bringin more or less 830 rwhp this year when Kendall turns up the boost and Torrie does a retune on my GT prior to the race.....

if you exceed your tech speed on the 1.5 mile course then you can still run the 1 mile course so either way you can't lose :thumbsup

I knew you couldn't do all that bench racing without slipping in a DA.

;)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I knew you couldn't do all that bench racing without slipping in a DA.

;)

:lol

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Gentlemen - just wanted to give you all a lil update here. we have 60 cars and bikes registered so far each day for the race. we can accomodate 120 cars and bikes each day, so the field is half full at this point split down the middle between cars and bikes. i see that only 2 other Whippled GT's are registered for this race other than mine :frown the track record for the mile course is held by a TT Lambo Gallardo at 230.4 mph :facepalm: all you guys with the TT's don't need a cage to beat this record provided you meet all the other safety requirements :thumbsup

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Gentlemen - just wanted to give you all a lil update here. we have 60 cars and bikes registered so far each day for the race. we can accomodate 120 cars and bikes each day. i see that only 2 other Whippled GT's are registered for this race other than mine :frown the track record for the mile course is held by a TT Lambo Gallardo at 230.4 mph :facepalm: all you guys with the TT's don't need a cage to beat this record provided you meet all the other safety requirements :thumbsup
Good point. Someone need to get the record back where it belongs with a Ford GT! Ray, Mark, or MRL should bring their cars out to CA.

Maybe Johnny will do it...

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Good point. Someone need to get the record back where it belongs with a Ford GT! Ray or Mark should bring their cars out to CA.

Maybe Johnny will do it...

with a built motor from Accufab and Whipples new 4.5L supercharger for the GT and a BIG shot of Nitrous you don't even need TT's on a GT to take back this record. some year i am sure that is what i will show up to Mojave with :thumbsup as far as this year goes Soroush is the man for the job imo....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
with a built motor from Accufab and Whipples new 4.5L supercharger for the GT and a BIG shot of Nitrous you don't even need TT's on a GT to take back this record. some year i am sure that is what i will show up to Mojave with :thumbsup as far as this year goes Soroush is the man for the job imo....

Soroush is going to need a much bigger shot to do 230 with the DA at Mojave. I think he ran a 219 at TX when the temps were 95+ with high humidity. I think he needs to practice first so that he can beat Mullet consistently before he has a chance for the Mojave record.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Have to add some C16 to the list. Could use strait methanol, or nitromethane if you are adventuresome. :biggrin

Last edited: