October Mojave Magnum anyone?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My understanding of the rules unless you have a roll bar, or the car is exempt from having one you can only go 200 MPH. Your car has to be in the A3 class to go up to 220 mph or 230 with Hoosiers.

So is the Ford GT exempt. It would be nice is a list of exempt cars were in the rule book.

http://mojavemile.com/images/pdf/tech_speed_chart_mojave_2012.pdf

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
As others have suggested, check the rules at their site is the best way. Also required, but not yet mentioned are fired retarded socks, gloves, shoes, and suit, and if you have facial hair, you'd need a head-sock. Additionally, make sure the check date code of your tires.

GTED

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
"The Ford GT is exempt from a roll bar requirement due to the reinforced frame for classes up to and including A3. To run faster than 235 mph, a roll cage is required."........from Mike, the head guy at MKM.....

BobK

GT Owner
Oct 27, 2012
This sounds like a good time.
Pencil me in as an entrant or spectator.
Thx,
BobK

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
"The Ford GT is exempt from a roll bar requirement due to the reinforced frame for classes up to and including A3. To run faster than 235 mph, a roll cage is required."........from Mike, the head guy at MKM.....

Thanks. They should add a list of exempt cars to the rule book. I don't think I will be passing 235.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
just got a call back from the head tech inspector. He said to do more than 200 i need a HANS or similar. a horseshoe will not be acceptable.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
just got a call back from the head tech inspector. He said to do more than 200 i need a HANS or similar. a horseshoe will not be acceptable.

Thanks. I will have to get one the next time I go. I have been just using a horseshow collar.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
quick bump.. who still going? I think registration opens in July sometime??

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I'm in....

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'm obligated to a memorial Grand Canyon rim to rim hike. Will be at the next Mojave Magnum after that..

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Houstonmile.com

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
gonna be racing my GT at the Silver State Classic open road race in September with my new 4.0L Whipple :biggrin then in October i am a gonna have Kendall at Cooltech turn up the boost another 4 lbs. and i am gonna get a Torrie re-tune and race at the Mojave Magnum in October :thumbsup

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
Houstonmile.com
You going to do both events (Houston/Beeville), or just Houston?

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Fred, I'll see you there to finally and officially claim my 200+ time slips with my 3.3 Whipple!!

GTED

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
You going to do both events (Houston/Beeville), or just Houston?

Houston

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
To run any big numbers in Houston your going to have to have a cage/roll bar so I think that will lose a lot of folks... Same as Mojave requirements. Plus after seeing what happened with the camaro at the last Texas Mile, people should really stop and think about what could happen at these speeds even if your goal is 200mph....very risky game out there for folks to be playing with little to no safety equipment... Everyone just needs to think about it...

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
To run any big numbers in Houston your going to have to have a cage/roll bar so I think that will lose a lot of folks... Same as Mojave requirements. Plus after seeing what happened with the camaro at the last Texas Mile, people should really stop and think about whar could happen at these speede even if your goal is 200mph....very risky game out there for folks to be playing with little to no safety equipment... Everyone just needs to think about it...

:agree:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Fred, I'll see you there to finally and officially claim my 200+ time slips with my 3.3 Whipple!!

GTED

looking forward to it!!! i will bring some champagne :cheers

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles

a horse collar is acceptable up to 200mph and the small breakout amount above that, which is Class B......for the Class A license a HANS is required......confirmed by Blaine, Head Tech.....

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
ok guys registration is now open. there is a limit of 120 vehicles per day which includes motorcycles. first come, first served. so don't register late....

there will be two different starting points on the runway so you can can run either the 1.5 mile distance or the 1 mile distance. i will be running both distances on both days :biggrin

Last edited: