NY to WY car carrier needed

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Folks, need to move my GT as well as my 1955 Mercury from NY to WY at some time in late spring, does anyone have any carrier recommendations???

Merry Christmas
John

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you're looking for a covered carrier I highly recomment Intercity. They've moved every car I've ever shipped and have had absolutely perfect handling of my precious cargo. The guy that bought my Cobra used them too. I judge the quality by my bunkmates. One time my Cobra's roommate was a 300SL gullwing. When my Ford GT was delivered it was next to just a lowly 300SL roadster. There's an implicit reference when people trust that kind of vehicle to them.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Thanks Tony, I will give them a ring!!!

John

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
John-
PM sent.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
John, Im happy for you my friend.......We just got our NEW E-Z PASS for the car.......For anyone in the Northeast, you recieved new ones in the mail.....if you dont return the old ones in an envelope you r charged 20 dollars for one and an additional 30 for the second.....why does this matter.......
The new one will be totally trackable.....which means it can measure your speeds from toll to toll....
Yep, so anyone coming to the barn, use your ez pass then the next stop use cash....
I really wish I could leave too, you are very fortunate.........It will be better for your family too..........all the best....New York...IMO......Is done....
Hopefully REAL SOON I can come in for a soft landing too.....REAL SOON......GTJOEY1314

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
DeMoise

http://www.demoise.com/

I had a bad experience with InterCity, though it seems I am the only one.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Joey, I'm afraid I don't understand paying cash at the next toll. I understand the concept, and why you suggested it, but the toll reader will read it anyway unless you put it in a lead box to stop the magnetic signal. Remember the guys who shipped thier cars to Vegas and ended up with huge toll bills becasue they didn't pull their pass out of the car? I don't think your idea will work and it will cost you 3X as much (cash tolls in IL are twice those of the pass).

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Joey, I'm afraid I don't understand paying cash at the next toll. I understand the concept, and why you suggested it, but the toll reader will read it anyway unless you put it in a lead box to stop the magnetic signal. Remember the guys who shipped thier cars to Vegas and ended up with huge toll bills becasue they didn't pull their pass out of the car? I don't think your idea will work and it will cost you 3X as much (cash tolls in IL are twice those of the pass).

I think most any conductive metal shield (Faraday shield) will stop the card from being read. Wrapping it with aluminum foil should work. Your goal is to stop the reading of the RFID chip in the card.

My guess is most of the transport carriers use trailers that are not all metal, probably fiberglass.

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Frank/BlackIce, Im sorry, I didnt fully explain the thread.....
The ezpass starting March will track your car...from booth to booth......
So say I drive upstate my first toll is the whitestone bridge, then 15 miles going upstate I hit the new york thruway.......
The speed limit is 55 miles per hour......lets say I was doing 62...from toll to toll..when you get to the second booth it will see you did 15 miles at 62 NOT 55 based off of the TIME........and in 2 weeks you will get a ticket in the mail like the red light cameras...............
Yep, My friendly police relatives explained it to me last month, hope I wouldnt get the new ones in the mail but they are mandated,your old ones stop working and if you dont turn them in they fine you 50 dollars for 2.............
My almost relative point to standjay is ..........its another annoying , very annoying...thing in your head.....AND YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT?.....
Good luck in Wyoming...........GTJOEY1314

H

HHGT

Isn't cheaper to get a fix it ticket for not having plates on your car?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Isn't cheaper to get a fix it ticket for not having plates on your car?
Well, not anymore, because we now have cameras for terrorist activies on every bridge/road and parkway, ask Nardo what happened when we drove through the mid town tunnel with the go pro while driving the GT...........we had lovely young men with machine guns and bullet proof vest asking us why the yahoo from the boons was sticking his head out the window taking pics of a tunnel..........once again STANDJAY.....God bless you...enjoy normal life........gtjoey
HHGT hope you found supercharged......for the car.....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Joey, I see your point, but then why use the pass at all other than cheaper rates? You can go as fast as want and only pay twice the toll. Cheaper than a ticket I think.

Ice, not only were the cars in the trailer going to Vegas, the transponders were in the trunk and they still registered at every checkpoint.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Call Premier auto carriers.I have used them 3x and have had no issues.