Newbie to the forum

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Hi guys

I have been reading this forum for quite sometime and have dreamed about owning a FORD GT for equally as long

I now own a FORD GT and took delivery about 6 weeks ago

I live in western Canada (BC), my car is white with blue stripes with very low mileage , I have only had it out twice since taking delivery due to the bad weather , I am looking forward to some good driving experiences this year

Is there any other FORD GT owners on this formum from western Canada

I am looking forward to a continuation of discussions on this Forum

Rob

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Rob,
Welcome to the party. I live about as far from western Canada as one can (Florida). There is so much great info on this forum, surpassed only by the number of great people.
Enjoy the ride.....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Rob ,
Welcome to the family !!! Try to make to the rally and support the forum if you find this a useful place....

Aug 25, 2006
Welcome to the group; a wonderful place to hang out.

As stated by STORMCAT if you enjoy the forum then by all means please become a member by contributing as this is a machine like all others that needs to be oiled in order to survive.

Takes care

Shadowman

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Congratulations Rob on your new baby!:thumbsup
You will find some great fellow GT owners in Canada....just a few weeks ago three of them were here in SoCal getting some work done at Kendall's, then he sent them on quite a drive. You may want to hunt around for those threads to find their names.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome to our lil' asylum, Rob! (That's my brother-in-law's name, too - but, I won't hold it against you! :lol)

"Red Rocket" is located in the greater Vancouver, B.C. area. You might go to the "Members List" located above at the top of the page & have a look-see for other GT owners in your own particular area.:thumbsup :cheers

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Welcome Rob enjoy the new ride :thumbsup

I am in Calgary and there are a few GT's around here. If you're out this way let me know and we will round up a few.

My wife and I are looking at doing a run out to Invermere on the May long. Nothing like twisty Rocky Mountain highways. Are you anywhere close to there?

Any other Calgary area guys interested in doing a day run? It's about 3 hours each way with great roads.

:cheers
Trent

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Welcome Rob. Edmonton here. We're the three that just went to Cali. Bob was one of our Three, and he's from Vancouver. There are lots of GT owners on the forum that are from Edmonton, Lloydminster, Calgary and Vancouver.

Congrats on the new car. I'm first to say post up some pics of your new baby. And enjoy the ride. It's thrilling. And when you can't drive, enjoy the forum, best place on the net. :cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey Rob, I was gonna suggest that you get a first mod of some hot buttons, but then I JUST found out about some of the extras already on your car (including the hot buttons). :thumbsup Now I DEMAND pics, including the interior!!! Wow, you got a winner!!! :cheers :banana :cheers

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Hi guys

As I thought , you guys gave me a warm welcome , I really appreciate it as I am a true car guy as I know you guys are also

I dont have a clue how to post pics but once I figure out or better yet when someone tells me how to do it I will post some pics

Superfly , do you know of my car , I am intertested to know how you knew about the buttons

Another thing I would like to know is there a thread running on the forum to discuss the experiences and recognition stories members have in relation to their cars when on the road .

Any stories would be greatly apprecitaed .

Rob

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Rob,

Welcome, and congradulations on getting your car. Please try using the search function for both posting photo's, and experiences. There is plenty of info here already...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Another thing I would like to know is there a thread running on the forum to discuss the experiences and recognition stories members have in relation to their cars when on the road .

Here's the most current thread on the subject. As Shelby mentioned, using the "search" feature will net you a buncha others. :wink:cheers

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14847

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats on the car and make sure you post some pics. We can never have too many Canucks on the Forum!! :cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Superfly , do you know of my car , I am intertested to know how you knew about the buttons

Rob

I don't know of your car personally, but I've got a friend who does. I'll ask him to send you an email or something. It sounds like you did very well on your purchase :thumbsup:

"it only had 1400 Mi on it
But this one was lowered, Tubi Exhaust, Pulley+Tune (plus it has the custom stereo, camera, sub, hot buttons, mats, speakers . and was mint! He got a good deal."

Looks like the only things you got left to do are Jakes (Project 321) goodies. :biggrin

Congrats on the car and make sure you post some pics. We can never have too many Canucks on the Forum!! :cheers

Says the Honorary Canuck! :thumbsup Good luck in the playoffs! And for your sake, Go Pens Go!!! :banana

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Superfly

Thanks for the response

I would be very intereted in talking to your freind that knows my car , please ask him to send me a PM

Much appreciated

Rob

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Rob, Welcome!!

PM Sent..

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
welcome Rob.:cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Rob, Welcome!!

PM Sent..

Well, that didn't take long. :thumbsup Andrew's your guy, he'll give you the scoop on your fantastic ride! :cheers Now figure out how to attach the pics and indulge us! :biggrin

By the way Rob, my name is "Pro". :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations and welcome. One of your biggest concerns should be with cold roads and/or cold tires. The FTG provides an unforgiving sense of confidence until it loses its grip on the road. Work into the power slowly and sensibly. :cheers

Mlmh

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2012
Vancouver , Bc , Canada
Rob, I just bought one and live in Vancouver. Would appreciate intro to other local owners.