New SPORT car in the stable

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Believe it or not but this is actually the very first car I have ordered NEW from a dealer for my own personal use. So actually the first time I sat down with the dealer and spec´ed a car just the way I wanted. I know you guys who have gotten the NFGT or still waiting for one, my almost 4 month waiting period is nothing to talk about - but for me it was crazy long :D

The car is the new 2019/20 Ford Transit Custom Sport - with the latest engine upgrade. One of the very first to be delivered from the factory (Ford websites and brochures still market the old 170 hp version). 185 hp and 6 speed manual, 18 inch wheels with 235/50 Goodyear F1 tires. Pretty much spec´ed with all available upgrades with my favorite being the adaptive cruise control. Ford forgot to install the hitch so that will be done in about a week or so - but that gave me the chance to get complete rustproofing done.

Color choice is Chrome Blue with dark leather/cloth seats. Looks to me quite similar to the Liquid Blue - and is also very difficult to capture in pictures.

Attachments

• Front01.JPG
    Front01.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • Rear01.JPG
    Rear01.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 56
  • rear03.JPG
    rear03.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Interior01.JPG
    Interior01.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
  • Interior02.JPG
    Interior02.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 42

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
additional pics

Attachments

• Front02.JPG
    Front02.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
  • Rear02.JPG
    Rear02.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • rear side 01.JPG
    rear side 01.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: GTMD

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Awesome. I saw one at Le Mans this year. I’d love to see those stateside.

Reactions: Copenhagen GT

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Cool spec. I’m glad the wait is finally for you Anders. Now all you need is multiple layers of full ppf, aero tunnel screens and custom color paddle shift levers.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Baller

Vince H

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
How many beds are you putting in it? Hidden alcohol lockers?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I actually think it's really cool. I would totally buy one if available in the US. Could you import them or would it be ineligible for registration due to safety laws?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So cool so many manuals are still available in Europe. Our rental for LeMans this year was also.

Really cool vehicle Anders, enjoy it!!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulations that is a great compliment to your Econoline with all the. Odeon features. Enjoy.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
so when are you going to put the supercharger on it? :)

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Shaggin wagon 😂 Great color. Enjoy🤟

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Love the pinned stripes.

Somebody's gotta say it.

"If this Van's a' Rockin, don't come a Knocking"

Attachments

• IMG_0923.PNG
    IMG_0923.PNG
    76.8 KB · Views: 0

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
:D Frank, installing a bed would probably cost me an extra 50K in taxes :D so it will have to be temporary matresses for when I go surfing or music festival camping ;)

I bought the van - so besides pulling my racecar or karting trailers - to handle any light transport of beer kegs, sound equipment and the occational stripper and drunk band member as I´ve bought a small live music venue that I will be reopening end of this year. Right now in the middle of rebuild and remodeling - to make it bigger and with much better specs in regard to sound and back stage facilities.

Fun fact about this building is that in the period from at least 1922 to 1957 it was a Coach build factory - and we are going to dust off that piece of history and use in the naming/marketing of the venue going forward. I never thought that I one day would own a car factory :cool::p:sneaky:

Btw the engine is a 2.0 liter turbo diesel, newest environment spec. EURO 6.2. Torque I believe is 415 so even though it is not really as sporty as it looks, it does actually pull really strong. Should be able to import such a thing to the US. Price as delivered is approx USD 46000 + tax.

Attachments

• Værkstedet.jpg
    Værkstedet.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 13

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, let me know when everything is in order. Sims and I haven't been to Europe in a while.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Are you going to track it?

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Are you going to track it?

I think it would be terrible on the track. I’ve made the mistake of taking a non track worthy/able cars on the track in the past and it always ends up destroying my love for that car ..... no only “race cars” for me these days 😜😎

But it does try to live up to its sporty looks ..... very nice car and it will look great pulling the racecar on a trailer 😎

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ha, let me know when everything is in order. Sims and I haven't been to Europe in a while.

🤘 you’re all welcome here whenever ..... 🤘🎸

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Interesting to see adaptive cruise on a manual. That's not available on any stick shift car in the US. Do other Euro spec manual cars have that as an option? Does it disengage below a certain speed?

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Interesting to see adaptive cruise on a manual. That's not available on any stick shift car in the US. Do other Euro spec manual cars have that as an option? Does it disengage below a certain speed?

I´ve not yet had mileage enough to fully figure out how it works - and what it will let me do. So far it seems like I can set the cruise in all the higher gears - not only 6th. 6th gear is very low so really only for 55+ mph driving. I have yet to experience it cutting off because of having to lower the speed too much. Engine has great torque/powerband and is able to power itself back up nicely. For a small work van I think a top speed of 110 mph is pretty impressive.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You sure it is not km/hr?