New shocks from Ahlman Engineering

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I installed a new set of shocks on my '05 last week. Got them from Scott at Ahlman, upon recommendation from a bunch of members here.

What a difference over the stock shocks I had on there.

Night and day! Service was exceptional, and Scott had them adjusted perfectly to my taste, lowered .75 all around with the rebound / compression damping setup as well!

I highly recommend Scott and and this setup - for anyone needing or wanting to improve the suspension on their GT.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The single best upgrade you can do to your car!
Scott not only being a nice guy he’s an amazing and talented chassis engineer! He was a chassis engineer on the GT program on NASCAR IndyCar programs!
We are very lucky to have him!

Reactions: sahlman

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Couldnt agree more. Love mine

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Put mine on just before the Napa Rally (when ever that was)..., never looked back. Great product, great service!

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
HERE HERE.............I didn't get a HURUMPH out that guy... Give the guy a HURUMPH.

I did mine month odd ago and could only imagine how the mags would have written about the GT if it came with Scotts version.

Its a slice of genius.

Stuart

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
I think one of the best testimonials is how often you see used ones for sale.
(Never.)

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Scott is incredible. I have these sitting on my workbench right now waiting to install. So excited!

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I installed a new set of shocks on my '05 last week. Got them from Scott at Ahlman, upon recommendation from a bunch of members here.

What a difference over the stock shocks I had on there.

Night and day! Service was exceptional, and Scott had them adjusted perfectly to my taste, lowered .75 all around with the rebound / compression damping setup as well!

I highly recommend Scott and and this setup - for anyone needing or wanting to improve the suspension on their GT.

Great to hear @FBA! Thank you for the feedback and endorsement.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Thank you roketman, JaxGT, SpecRacer, Hooked On GT, AlexHay3 and MNJason for the continued support and feedback. The Ford GT and our upgraded Ohlins TTX suspension for this beauty embody the kind of chassis engineering that is so fun, rewarding and never feels like work with my intent being to connect you to the FGT even further.

Keep driving this incredible car. Our team worked extremely hard to give the owners a car that is meant to be driven and pushed hard as so many of you do.

Reactions: alexhay3

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
As Hooked on GT, FBA and MNJason know they had to wait a few months to get this Ohlins TTX Ahlman Performance Stage II Coilovers. Supply has been a big issue. I get four new sets of these in next week and I do not have not ETA for more at this time. The last 6 sets sold in one week.

Anyone looking to order a set can go to our site here for more specifics and to order them.

1617928954785.png

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Rich is putting Ahlman 2 ways on my 2005 as part of its refurb. Stock shocks were toast after 57k hard miles.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
They are a beautiful thing!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Scott can also help with other cars too. 2 weeks ago, bought a set of dampers and springs, from him, for a different car. This kit does not have his direct genius in it (its a base Ohlins package), but its still a perfect solution for the application, and he supplied it.

If you have an R8 he has developed a special package for that car like the GT package.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Scott's shock setup really is the best addition you can make to the GT. That is my professional opinion. The vehicle dynamics are improved so dramatically.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Had this on my to-do list, ordered!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Scott has also advised me on my st up with my GT3CUP

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
How many of you switched from the adjustable Penske coilovers and what improvements did you benefit from?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ive only ridden in cars with Penskes, the NVH goes way down. Heim joints are noisy

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Do these dampers require/result in lowering the GT? Thanks, KO

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
How many of you switched from the adjustable Penske coilovers and what improvements did you benefit from?
I found the Penske shocks very noisy. It almost sounded like they were broken. Especially on a bumpy road.Plus the rebound and dampening on Scott shocks is far superior. In terms of ride height it’s completely adjustable. The ride quality is night and day. As you’ve now heard many times on this thread.It is absolutely the single best improvement you can do to the Gt