New shocks from Ahlman Engineering

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Agreed, the Penske units are noisy. But for my driving ability, I have been satisfied with the performance.

One more item on my bucket list I guess.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I have had the Ahlman two-way shock and spring set up for many years. The combo is really good. NV and road expansion joint jolting disappeared. Thanks again Scott .

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I have had the Ahlman two-way shock and spring set up for many years. The combo is really good. NV and road expansion joint jolting disappeared. Thanks again Scott .
If you ever come back I'd like to go for a ride. C&C at The Shop 4/24(I believe)with a "clutch pedal" car theme.

Reactions: sahlman

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
How many of you switched from the adjustable Pke coilovers and what improvements did you benefit from?

I switched from Penske to these because of how noisy the Penskes were (squeaking). Much, much better product. They are soft when you want them to be and stiff under the the right conditions. Just really well done.
[/QUOTE]

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This is the part that is hard to stress, the magic of Scott's creation, is how good they are under normal boring street driving conditions. They are not just for performance application.

Another cool long term desirable feature (for me), is that they are rebuildable, vs OEM that are not.

But for my driving ability,

Reactions: ByeEnzo and sahlman

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Do these dampers require/result in lowering the GT? Thanks, KO
Our Öhlins TTX Ahlman Performance Stage II FGT set up allows up to one inch lowering, but they are intended and work well at stock ride heights, which a few customers have requested for their usage and have given the same feedback as above.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
You guys helped sell two sets quickly. Thank you. Two left.

Wish I had better supply. Been working on improving it. But COVID has increased demand and reduced supply.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Do these dampers require/result in lowering the GT? Thanks, KO
I ordered a set from Scott a couple months ago. They were shipped last week, due to limited supply, as Scott mentioned above. As part of the order discussion, he wanted to know what ride height I wanted. Since I drive my car a lot on the street, I wanted to stay at stock ride height to avoid scraping speed bumps, so that’s what he set them for.

So, the answer to your question is, you can set the ride height where you want it, from stock to lowered. You could probably even set them higher than stock but you would have to ask Scott. I don’t know anyone who has wanted to do that. Almost everyone wants to lower them, and only a few of us want to keep stock height.

Edit: I posted this after Scott sent his most recent reply above, but before I saw it. Anyway, I’m looking forward to getting them on my car.

Last edited:

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Hi All,

Thank you for the continued support and endorsements for our Ahlman Performance Stage II Ohlins TTX suspension for the '05-'06 FGT. They are two-way adjustable- compression low speed and rebound low speed and are set for the road. Track and spirited driving we recommend (1) click clockwise on all adjusters for smoother tracks...Sebring is the opposite of smooth.

As noted here in the past two years, supply and machinists have been very problematic. I finally got supply of the Ohlins TTX's for these builds and found a machinist. The costs have gone up a lot to do them so the prices have gone up.

I have sold (11) sets since the Spring to those who had wanted them in the past year or so with (5) sets of those delivered and (6) sets to go in the next 4 weeks. I have 9 sets left for sale of the (20) sets of machined parts that took nearly 16 weeks. These remaining 9 sets will start delivery in mid to late September.

I don't know when I will run these again as the machining for these has become a very significant challenge. It took nearly two years to get these going again. These are $12,600 if you email me and pay cash or $12,980 if you want to pay with credit card at our website
https://www.ahlmanperformance.com/products/ohlins-ttx-ahlman-performance-stageii-for-gen1-fordgt-713

Those not familiar with our suspension can see details at this web address, call me and read above testimonials. They come with black Swift Springs and black Ohlins sticker like below or midnight blue HyperCo springs with a blue Ohlins Sticker. Both springs are great and the same function wise. And you specify the ride height from stock to 1.0" lower in which most customers go with the recommended 0.75" lower front and rear. They are ready to bolt on for your desired ride height.

In over 9 years and selling over (1,400) Ohlins TTX's we have had to only rebuild one set after 50,000 miles and a lot of track miles.

1691789543609.png

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looking forward to getting these.

Attachments

• IMG_2151.jpeg
    IMG_2151.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: twobjshelbys

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Anyone thinking about this should JUMP. This sounds like this is IT. We got ours just before the Napa / Sonoma Rally, and very happy we did. Great on track, but also way better on the street than the OEM dampers.

Get em while you can!

Reactions: sahlman and jaxgt

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
My car’s ride is so much better with the Ahman set up.

Reactions: sahlman and jaxgt

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Likewise. Mine were a ‘shockingly’ awesome upgrade 😀

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Can't wait to get these, and wow, simply a work of art in design and function from what I see and hear about them.

Reactions: sahlman and 2112

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Scott's shocks have my endorsement too.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Just got mine 2 weeks ago. Can’t wait to finish my build and get these installed. I know it’s gonna make a huge difference!! Thanks again Scott.

https://flic.kr/p/2oVxv69

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
They are beautiful.

That never hurts performance BTW.

Reactions: dshears and sahlman

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Can we get some pics in this thread that show the different ride heights thanks, whats the usual drop in front 1 inch?

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Can we get some pics in this thread that show the different ride heights thanks, whats the usual drop in front 1 inch?
I should have some pics soon once installed. I am doing 3/4” drop but I also have 20’s all the way around.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Get them while you can. They are simply the best improvement you can make to the car. The improved ride quality is beyond words.