New GT website live, purchase process begins January 2016

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Suppose they'll be taking a Forum roll call at the Rolex to see who the hard core fans are? I may have to reconsider my priorities.

I know you're kidding, but it's worth saying because some people believe this kind of thing: no. At this point, everyone knows what the allocation process is (roughly). Trying to gain advantage by trying to appear like a die hard is silly.

I can't even wrap my head around some of the insane things people have already said/done thinking it will get them a car. :facepalm:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I know you're kidding, but it's worth saying because some people believe this kind of thing: no. At this point, everyone knows what the allocation process is (roughly). Trying to gain advantage by trying to appear like a die hard is silly.

I can't even wrap my head around some of the insane things people have already said/done thinking it will get them a car. :facepalm:

Well, not really. There's an application process. Some unknown weight is given to prior Ford owners, perhaps some heavier weight if one of those vehicles happens to be a 05-06 FGT. Aside from that, at least speaking for myself, I have no idea what else the process involves or considers.

And yes, many pesos have been spent in the hope of jumping that line.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well, not really. There's an application process. Some unknown weight is given to prior Ford owners, perhaps some heavier weight if one of those vehicles happens to be a 05-06 FGT. Aside from that, at least speaking for myself, I have no idea what else the process involves or considers.

You (roughly) know that priority will be given to existing Ford GT owners and loyal Ford enthusiasts. Knowing that Ford is looking for loyalty to the brand and nameplate, trying to score points after that is public knowledge isn't worth much because everyone has the same information.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
That's good to know Dave. Gives me time to cancel the billboard at turn 4 I just reserved.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I wish you had posted this before I got my Blue Oval forehead tattoo.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I've heard that Orthopods with a P-car fetish are automatically excluded from consideration.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

60168133.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So when I was told I was in after the head-tapping-belly-rubbing-dancing-naked-on-Las-Vegas-blvd-during-New-Year's-Eve-Fireworks with "I want a 2016 Ford GT" painted on my back was all a ruse?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
DBK, do you think/know if Ford will give some credit to FGT owners who bought them used, or just those who purchased new FGTs?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I've heard that Orthopods with a P-car fetish are automatically excluded from consideration.

Hopefully, 'P-car' doesn't translate to - Pinto. :confused

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So when I was told I was in after the head-tapping-belly-rubbing-dancing-naked-on-Las-Vegas-blvd-during-New-Year's-Eve-Fireworks with "I want a 2016 Ford GT" painted on my back was all a ruse?

You were in until "2016." Fail.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
DBK, do you think/know if Ford will give some credit to FGT owners who bought them used, or just those who purchased new FGTs?

DakotaGT...can you post one more time...that number of post's scares the "hell" out of me.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
DakotaGT...can you post one more time...that number of post's scares the "hell" out of me.

:devil

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Of my many fetishes, counselor, I assure you that P-cars won't be the one that excludes me from consideration......wait......inner voice fails me again......:leaving:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

I think you will be in line for a used new GT when they are available!

Ed

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012

Ed

:tongue

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Ed

:facepalm: :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You will be in line right after Special Ed.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You will be in line right after Special Ed.

Ha, that is not my line! I buy only new!

Ed

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
I was still in residency in 2005-2006. Couldn't quite swing the $ for a new GT on a resident's salary, even with moonlighting.