New GT owner

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have one advice for you, leave, leave now before its too late, sell your gt and never log onto the fordgtforum, if you dont, you will soon realize that you cannot seperated yourself from the computer due to all the great information and the people you will find here, you will make many friends, find out just about anything you want about the gt, you might even find yourself going on yearly trips to meet all these crazy people that you met on the internet. isnt that crazy? anyway fair warning but somehow I think its too late for you too.:biggrin

welcome :cheers

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congratulations on joining the GT family John! Enjoy!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have one advice for you, leave, leave now before its too late, sell your gt and never log onto the fordgtforum, if you dont, you will soon realize that you cannot seperated yourself from the computer due to all the great information and the people you will find here, you will make many friends, find out just about anything you want about the gt, you might even find yourself going on yearly trips to meet all these crazy people that you met on the internet. isnt that crazy? anyway fair warning but somehow I think its too late for you too.:biggrin

welcome :cheers

Good advice..!! You should have told me this 3 years ago !!! :lol

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Welcome and congrats on picking the best color!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome new guy! I work in Northwestern IL about three hours from DSM on I-88. Hope to see you when the weather gets better. Please make serious note about the previous posts on cool/cold weather driving. What part of DSM are you from?

John Weires

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2009
Wow, thanks to everybody for the positive responses. Also thanks for the warnings about fast speeds and cold tires. I already new this but a reminder never hurts.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
john
big welcome from new jersey
enjoy it and i wish you miles of smiles with your new gal---

sam

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Welcome John and congrats!

I as well came from a modified C5 (wheels, tires, shocks and a Pro Charger) and it was a fantastic car. As you know the Vett gets a little weird around 150mph and you'll find the GT is still rock solid. However, you do have to watch out for cold tires and gawkers hiding in your blind spot.:eek

Have fun and be safe!

SteveA

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
John -

Congratulations on your purcahse, and welcome aboard!

Jeff

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Congrats! I bought my GT from Shelby two years ago. I've now got 10,000 miles without problems.

This forum is invaluable for GT information and entertainment.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
John, Welcone to the Forum, and congrats on your GT. I know it well as it was sold new at the dealer I work for. The previous owner took great care of it. Cover it at night, it was use to the FL climate.
David

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Good advice..!! You should have told me this 3 years ago !!! :lol

:biggrin True.. Welcome, anyway:rofl

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats and welcome.

Good luck getting the smile off of your face!! :cheers

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi John, congratulations from Canada on a wonderful purchase. Keep the shiny side up.

And enjoy it as often as you can!!!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Welcome to the fun of the Forum, and do take Dr Frank's advice about reading the threads on cold weather driving (<40F) and keeping the battery charged.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Welcome and congratulations