New Ford GT unveiling

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
yup i got rejected as well which I was a bit surprised about but I'm super excited for the lucky few who got the allocation for the liquid carbon. I'm glad that I got to see it in Chicago and probably in Detroit as well in June.. the car is pure mental. So proud of Multimatic and Ford and I'm sure the allocation is given to very worthy souls. Liquid carbon is worth every penny.

Reactions: GT500E SS

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Dear Gary,

Thank you for your interest in the Ford GT Liquid Carbon. The demand has surpassed our very limited production capacity and we are unable to provide you with the opportunity to purchase this option.

Your allocation and position in the production schedule is still secure, and we look forward to working with you through the next steps in the journey towards Ford GT ownership.
Sincerely,
Ford GT Concierge Team

Oh what a relief it was. Saved me from a very difficult decision. Having two Yellow GT's Or one yellow and one carbon fiber. Not to mention leaving a quarter mill in my pocket.

Reactions: roketman

raisins

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Very cool! What an amazing honor! I was doing the tour at Multimatic a few hours prior to the announcement of this new Carbon edition. I could sense something cool was about to be revealed, but everyone was tight lipped. Whether you are 1 of 1350 or 1 of 36, or whatever, this entire process and experience is just unbelievable. We are all truly blessed!
I love raisins but this is well worth going bananas for. Congrats!
Congratulations Raisins. This is going to be a breathtaking, stunning, edition. What a lovely complement to what looks like, a black stripe less '05-'06 GT in your stable.

Thank you kind folks! We definitely didn't expect it, but extremely thankful for this opportunity. The funny part was, I was rewatching Ford v. Ferrari the night before and the next day received the selection letter. It all feels like it was meant to be :)

Reactions: 1997spider

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Congrats Raisins!! Gary I got the same letter!! 😞

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
One thing the bare CF car needs is color. The show car as displayed was fairly indistinguishable from what an Alloy car would look like. Doesn't take much to help it.

IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7188.JPG
LiquidCarbonFordGT_16.JPG

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What it really needs is painted accents. Unfortunately, while the single 1 3/4" center stripe looks great, it's just criminal in application because it covers the chevron pattern that MM gets so perfect. An offset stripe would be significantly more desirable, even though it'd be a little odd because of the body shape. I personally don't think regular dual stripes are suitable for this type of car.

The obvious no brainer to me, given the astronomical price of the car, would be selective application of painted graphics in areas such as the front and rear fenders and the c-shape of the buttresses. Something like what Bugatti does with the Chiron. It highlights the shape of the car that you lose with the vast sea of carbon.
fp-lm24-side-car-67-1559080093.jpg

fp-lm24-side-car-69-1559080052.jpg

ford-pays-homage-to-le-mans-with-celebration-liveries.jpg

A paint application similar to what is shown here following the edges of the buttresses and the graphics trailing the headlights would be much more fitting for the car.

I dug out an old version of what was considered for the original Competition Car, and thought something along these lines would be very desirable as well.

IMG_7390.JPG

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Can you believe Canadians are making this phenomenol car. Being born here I am kinda proud.....

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I just can't get passed at how gorgeous the liquid carbon is.. and yes, just a few color accents and body striping will really dress her up well. I'm not sold on the single/double stripe design. Maybe in Detroit they'll have her with the graphics on?!

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Can you believe Canadians are making this phenomenol car. Being born here I am kinda proud.....
As an ex-Winnipegger I concur. Given its Canadian origin I asked if I could have a Canadian flag on the dash registration plate but the answer was no.

Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
As an ex-Winnipegger I concur. Given its Canadian origin I asked if I could have a Canadian flag on the dash registration plate but the answer was no.
I think they would allow the 🇨🇦, but not let you put ‘ey after it... 😂

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What it really needs is painted accents. Unfortunately, while the single 1 3/4" center stripe looks great, it's just criminal in application because it covers the chevron pattern that MM gets so perfect. An offset stripe would be significantly more desirable, even though it'd be a little odd because of the body shape. I personally don't think regular dual stripes are suitable for this type of car.

The obvious no brainer to me, given the astronomical price of the car, would be selective application of painted graphics in areas such as the front and rear fenders and the c-shape of the buttresses. Something like what Bugatti does with the Chiron. It highlights the shape of the car that you lose with the vast sea of carbon.
View attachment 59343

View attachment 59344

View attachment 59345

A paint application similar to what is shown here following the edges of the buttresses and the graphics trailing the headlights would be much more fitting for the car.

I dug out an old version of what was considered for the original Competition Car, and thought something along these lines would be very desirable as well.

View attachment 59348
Thats nice!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

View attachment 59343

View attachment 59344

View attachment 59345

View attachment 59348

Wow, that original Competition car looks amazing. Your keen observation about the lack of color on the liquid carbon car makes me feel a little better I wasn't selected!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think the caliper color & body accent graphics is a good idea minus any center stripes. Not white but gold, blue or silver.

Ed

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I can't find the article :( but I saw that Brian Briscoe just received his 2020 Liquid Carbon GT with red accents. He loves it and was just in complete awe over it :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Lol thank you! That's where I saw it, Instagram

Piana

GT Owner