GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Noticed a few things on first drives

A funny blinker noise.
At idle they sound normal, click click.
With RPM they have a little chirp with the click click.
It reminds me of RF interference coming through the stereo.
I'll check the alternator(V gauge looked good) or is this normal?

Temp gets to 170 and stays there. Seems low but didn't fluctuate. It was 45F out. Normal?

Oil pressure moves a lot with RPM but never falls below 45. Normal?

Everywhere I went I kept hearing a "honking" noise. It seemed to come from various directions. Normal?

This car is new to me so I'll probably have a few more questions.
Thanks,
Rob

Reactions: viva gt

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
might be running low on blinker fluid...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Blinker totally normal, the slight whine after the click, is RPM dependent.

Temp seems normal, usually people comment on higher temps. You cant (easily) over heat these cars. At ~240 the red light comes on in the temp gauge, then after that car will go into limp mode. Ive done both (track).

Dive and enjoy

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
All normal....…...
Call if you want to walk through it...….Look at your engine tag.
You must have had GREATENGINE BUILDERS......Temp stuck at that temp is PERFECT.....
GTJOEY1314

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
It looks like your oil pressure sender is faulty. It's a common problem as I went through three of them. It should have a steady reading that increases smoothly with engine RPM and not bounce around! I have included a graph of the expected oil pressure gauge reading with a known good sender once the engine is up to normal operating temperature. Hope this helps, Jay
Ford GT oil pressure sender.gif

Last edited:

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
It looks like your oil pressure sender is faulty. It's a common problem as I went through three of them. It should have a steady reading that increases smoothly with engine RPM and not bounce around! I have included a graph of the expected oil pressure gauge reading with a known good sender once the engine is up to normal operating temperature. Hope this helps, Jay
View attachment 59149
It follows your new sensor. No twitching, just active w/RPM

Reactions: analogdesigner

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
All normal....…...
Call if you want to walk through it...….Look at your engine tag.
You must have had GREATENGINE BUILDERS......Temp stuck at that temp is PERFECT.....
GTJOEY1314
Thanks Joey.
Got the signed, by you, book too. Cool.
Window stickers, sales brochures, service papers, owners manuals, shop manuals, cover and case, seal/infilter kit, tow hook, 2 sets of keys, and a cool GT hat. I collect ball caps so that was a bonus.
I did not, repeat, did not find the suitcase full of money behind the seat. Shipper must have taken it.
After I'm done drooling all over it I'll start investigating things further.
I don't know what you guys are talking about on stowage. There's plenty of room behind the seats. I have to have mine all the way forward to reach the pedals, I'm 5'5". Wife probably won't be able to drive it, she's 5'2". Darn! lol With the seat forward sideview mirrors get difficult to see, pillar obstructs them. No biggy.
I was good about telling my wife not to hit her head on the door, she hasn't. I haven't heeded the warning yet.
She opens the door to get in and when she's in she can't reach it to close it. Couple chuckles on that.
Come on SUMMER!!!!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
might be running low on blinker fluid...
Is this the right stuff. LOL

Attachments

• blinker fluid.jpg
    blinker fluid.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: soroush

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
The original owner was a real FORD NUT...….He had a 49 merc chopped, 53 flat head and all the rest.
Its a good car, its been sitting for awhile...….just please store the original tires and get the new ones for safety sake and transforming the ride.
Call any time……...Howie put in a new battery so your good to go just keep it on the charger 24/7.
Enjoy it!
JAY …….Its been a long long time...Not a single gage has departed with your old protector wire...….
Enjoy.
gtjoey1314

Reactions: analogdesigner

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I have the new tires. Belts, fluids and filters are ordered.
Reading service manual, crawling all over the car, and figuring out stereo tonight.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Another thing is that people think it’s hard to fill them up with gasoline. Every time I go to fill up 5 to 10 strangers show up to help🤣

Reactions: steved57 and GT@50

Tomcat

GT Owner
I kinda like the blinker sound.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
nert nert nert…..Kind of Airplane windup sound......Tomcat, looks like all the old timers are coming out of the wood work.
You going to Amelia?

Tomcat

GT Owner
nert nert nert…..Kind of Airplane windup sound......Tomcat, looks like all the old timers are coming out of the wood work.
You going to Amelia?
Just got back from Mecum- Kissimmee. Not doing Amelia this year... Will really miss seeing you at dinner!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Me too....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Is this the right stuff. LOL

stay with the OEM stuff :)

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
stay with the OEM stuff :)
I called Ford but they can't come up with blinker fluid OR muffler bearings

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
It follows your new sensor. No twitching, just active w/RPM

Rob, I misunderstood your comment! I have seen a couple of cars where the needle bounces erratically. When my car was two days old the oil pressure gauge needle went to zero while I was going down the freeway! It was only a faulty sender.

Reactions: GT@50

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
What options do I have for clamshell vents? I'd like to set these aside so they don't get damaged from heat.
Have there been any ill effects from the billet vents? They'll hold more heat, they're not as flexible, maybe heavier. Has this ever caused shell problems?

Shell stops. Mine are solid. Are the struts supposed to lift shell when I pop the release? It pops up but just enough to lift it and do the safety catches. Do the spring loaded stops help this?

My struts hold the shell up but I wouldn't trust it. Is there a prop-rod available?

Where can I get the lift "pucks"?

Is there anything special about aligning the car that a typical Big O(one I trust of course) couldn't do? My MB needed special loading? bars that Big O didn't have.

Is there a Ford site I can look parts up on? It'd be easier to give my dealer part numbers instead of them having to look things up. Plus, I want to window shop accessories and apparel.

Can somebody post side by side pics of both styles of control arms. The ones I have look machined, not just raw cast, but they look like the rears so I'm thinking they're nothing special.

Thanks,
Rob

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What options do I have for clamshell vents? I'd like to set these aside so they don't get damaged from heat.
Have there been any ill effects from the billet vents? They'll hold more heat, they're not as flexible, maybe heavier. Has this ever caused shell problems?

Shell stops. Mine are solid. Are the struts supposed to lift shell when I pop the release? It pops up but just enough to lift it and do the safety catches. Do the spring loaded stops help this?

My struts hold the shell up but I wouldn't trust it. Is there a prop-rod available?

Where can I get the lift "pucks"?

Is there anything special about aligning the car that a typical Big O(one I trust of course) couldn't do? My MB needed special loading? bars that Big O didn't have.

Is there a Ford site I can look parts up on? It'd be easier to give my dealer part numbers instead of them having to look things up. Plus, I want to window shop accessories and apparel.

Can somebody post side by side pics of both styles of control arms. The ones I have look machined, not just raw cast, but they look like the rears so I'm thinking they're nothing special.

Thanks,
Rob
I have a set of lift pucks from Cooltech. Make me an offer.

For part numbers the service manual on CD is invaluable if you can find one. If you don't have one (you should) then I start with www.fordparts.com. I just checked they still took a 2005-2006 Ford GT VIN. For most groups there is a picture with part numbers. Some of them you can drill down and get a higher resolution photo. Those photos are the same ones on the CD.

The best pricing on parts was always (for me) Tasca - www.tascaparts.com but theirs won't take a 2005-2006 GT but you can look up by part number or call them.

PS. If you're starting into the DIY service (I did all my own work) then you should also know about the third lift point... You can jack at the center just behind the door and lift both front and rear at the same time to get jack stands underneath. The lift point is the center bar where the two belly pans come together. If you look at the edge by the rocker you'll see the structural part. Be sure to go inboard a little to get it on the frame member and not on the rocker seam like you would do on some types of vehicles. There is a photo of the third lift. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

Edit: Ha! Found it.

Attachments

• lift points.jpg
    lift points.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: