MY New GT

tkennedy41

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2012
Yardley, Pa
Well, I did it! I bought the car I was looking at. The owner came down in price, a little more than I thought he would and I couldn't pass it up. White car, blue stripe. Full 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. However, I would like to share a little snafu. Driving the car home I lost the turn signals. The owner sent his mechanic to the house but he ran out of time trying to fix it. I was to take it back to the dealer the next day to try again. I looked on the Forum to find a similar problem and I found an old thread. Someone had lost turn signals and the wipers and found a bad relay. I passed on the info, the mechanic also found the same thread and the car was repaired yesterday. Thank god for this forum. I want to add that along with the no turn signal & wipers, the radio & windows would not work in key position 2 but would work with the engine running but only after a 1 minute delay. Sorry this is so long! I am very happy with the car, I've wanted to own a GT ever since I was able to drive, a very long time. :banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Good for you!

Congrats!!!

("...along with the no turn signal & wipers, the radio & windows would not work in key position 2 but would work with the engine running but only after a 1 minute delay." Now, THAT I've never heard of before!)

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Welcome, be careful when closing the door unless you are shorter than 5'9" and go easy on the go pedal until you get more familiar with the car, no driver nannies other then anti-lock brakes.

tkennedy41

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2012
Yardley, Pa
Yea, already banged my head twice getting out of the car. I think I've learned my lesson though. I have to say the owner was great. Seemed genuinely sad to part with the car. I haved been invited to fill in for him at the St. Mary's Gala (St Mary Medical Center Foundation) here in Philadelphia at the end of the month. A Black Tie event and I am to display the car. The invitation actually has my car on the invitation. How Cool!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Welcome to GT ownership and the Forum. You need to change your status to owner and become a subscribed member!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congrats!! Glad everything worked out with the car and the full warranty is a big plus. Enjoy!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Come join us at the rally! The most fun you can have with your clothes on !
Welcome aboard!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Come join us at the rally! The most fun you can have with your clothes on !
Welcome aboard!

Hey, we've seen Roketman missing some clothes at a Rally & he was having twice the fun!

Congrats tkennedy41! I hope you can make it to the Rally. Have fun with one really cool car!

Ed

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to our fun group. It will be the most enjoyable ride you'll ever take.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and welcome !! Come to the Rally and meet a great bunch of guys .. Disclaimer : I have nothing to gain by you coming to the rally but I can guarantee you will have a good time !

( non attorney spokes person ) :biggrin

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Welcome. The car and the experience of ownership which this forum is a part are wonderful and like no other.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I'll be looking for you at Shady Brook Farm on Tuesday May 8. Congratulations!

tkennedy41

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2012
Yardley, Pa
Two questions? Is the Shady Brook Farm the one near me in Pa and how do I change my status from Spectator to GT Owner.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Welcome, be careful when closing the door unless you are shorter than 5'9" and go easy on the go pedal until you get more familiar with the car, no driver nannies other then anti-lock brakes.
Drive an SRT10 and tell me that...worst car on the planet for that. I think it was Tanner Foust that said it best - "every time I turn the wheel, it feels like this car is determined to kill me"...I can attest to that statement. My SRT10 is no exception.

Last edited:

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Is the Shady Brook Farm the one near me in Pa .....
332 at Stoney Hill Road. How long have you lived in the area?

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Congratulations! Enjoy the ride :)

tkennedy41

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2012
Yardley, Pa
Just moved into my house in Yardley last July. Raised in NE Philly but did some traveling via US Air Force, retired in South Carolina and moved to Indiana with a job with US Steel 15 years ago. Retired from there and moved here to be close to my family. Definately be at the rally since it's just around the corner!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Congrats !

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Congratz, your going to love it.