My New Gauges Arrived! Now to install them!!!

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Well my new Speed Hut Gauges arrived and they do a great job building these things! Now if I can get them installed with minimal swearing?IMG_0322.jpgIMG_0323.jpgIMG_0324.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Those look great in white! What color is your car? I forgot :slap

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Red/white stripes

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
John, when are you planning the install? I'd like to come by and watch/help since I'll be doing mine sometime this summer. Also, I see that we're not limited to getting the big red triangles on the gauges. Well, that's damn cool. I'm gonna need help when I do the ordering it seems. I like what you've done.

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Hey Pro, I may get a chance to look at it tomorrow afternoon/evening? Your more than welcome to swing by. Give me a shout (780-974-8770). Once I become a expert I will certainly give you a hand with yours when they arrive. I'm hoping to get the gauges and my lowering kit in right away as the roads are looking cleaner all the time. Can't wait to get driving! John

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
If you do them tomorrow let me know and I will walk over. I get in tomorrow evening, GTTECH can attest that I am great at hold this and pass that duties.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Awesome. Send me an email and I'll try to swing by around 9 tonight? I'll help Steve by doing the pass and drink the beer duties....:cheers

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Great to see there are seemingly more and more color options etc. Guess I need to call them.

Tiny

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Silicon Valley
dang, feeling left out, I need a SF bay area gauge change party so I can do the pass and drink :)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Really nice looking. The Ford GT logo and shift lights on the tach is a nice touch. After you get them in could you post a video of the shift lights in operation?

Chip

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I wonder why they don't ship a 30 pound boost guage standard, or do you have a choice?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I wonder why they don't ship a 30 pound boost guage standard, or do you have a choice?

Because you need to do a lot more work, instalingl the sensor in the engine compartment and then running the wires back into the dash.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Great to see there are seemingly more and more color options etc. Guess I need to call them.
Go on their website, almost too many choices

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Believe it or not there are a few of us that still done have any motor mods.... stock pully and tune....

Ah will do, had not looked since 1st released, and was only on e-bay.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

And more options than you can list if you give them a call!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Damn...now I'm having an issue trying to figure out what colors I want...

Ice, when you installed the boost sensor in the engine...what exactly did you have to do and how tough was it to run wiring into the cab? Can you share a quick comment on that? I spent a few hours under the dash last week installing a Garmin with a permanent under dash power source and almost died under there contorting myself...

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Damn...now I'm having an issue trying to figure out what colors I want...

Ice, when you installed the boost sensor in the engine...what exactly did you have to do and how tough was it to run wiring into the cab? Can you share a quick comment on that? I spent a few hours under the dash last week installing a Garmin with a permanent under dash power source and almost died under there contorting myself...
I lengthened the harness and ran the wires thru the interior tunnel. I used the fuel pressure sensor vacuum source for the boost signal. I guess if you wanted you could run a vacuum/boost line instead of wires and mount the sensor closer to the dash. Just to clarify, I mounted my boost sensor in the engine compartment.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about a 250mph speedo?

Ed

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like the shift lights too. Love to see a video also, meaning can you see them well thru the wheel?

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Well Gauges are in! Heres a few picts. Took about 2-3 hours and no big issues. Very happy with Speed Hut! Did a great job.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 237