Miami : Runway event : 2 miles long : February 22nd

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
so 259/260 is all these cars will do? ;)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Theoretically it would be RPM limited to that speed with stock fuel cut off but it would never reach it. I think that with enough room 250 mph would be possible in a big power TT car, but I don't believe any theoreticals until I see it happen. Models are great on paper, not so much on earth. As far as I know, the fastest any GT has ever gone is the Hennessey car going 235.

A GT with a trivial amount of mods has the juice to go 220mph+.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Look to be a very interesting event. Too bad this is all the way in FL. I anyone interested about something similar on the west coast?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Look to be a very interesting event. Too bad this is all the way in FL. I anyone interested about something similar on the west coast?

+1

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Just a friendly reminder to all of the GT family attending this event, be sure to "nut and bolt" your cars with care before attempting any high speed runs.
Michael

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Just a friendly reminder to all of the GT family attending this event, be sure to "nut and bolt" your cars with care before attempting any high speed runs.
Michael

Good advice. The tires, brakes and suspension, including the alignment, should all be in top shape for this event. Given that you will have a 100 mph running start into a 2 mile runway, the speeds will be as Jeremy Clarkson puts it, "astonishing!" I expect many will break the Nardo record of 212. Peaks record will be much tougher.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Peaks record will be much tougher.

I think if there are any twin turbo GT's there, Peaks record could be in serious jeopardy. Peak's car hit 222 mph at The Texas Mile (dead stop to one mile). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his 232 mph was set on a longer course. If you are able to enter the track at 100 mph and still have 1 1/2 miles of runway before having to brake, WOW! It's entirely possible that you could hit the drag limited maximum velocity of this car.

That's if your tires don't come apart.:ack

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I think 232 is about right. I takes more than a car with HP to do 232. Peak had a professional driver! Anyone here ever did maximum braking at 200+ mph? I think the FGT will brake at nearly 1G with stock tires. If one assumed an average of 1G deceleration, the braking time will be 4.6 secs and the braking distance would be 783 ft or 0.15 miles. Although I believe 1G would be optimistic under real conditions.

Disclaimer, these numbers may be completely wrong, so please do your own homework and don't rely on my ramblings.

High speed driving is very serious business!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sent you an email Hovik.

Braking from 200-0 was around 1100-1200 feet BlackIce, on Hoosiers with FRPP rotors.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i hear they are limiting everybodys speed runs to just a mile? any updates on the speeds obtained?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Guys

I'd like to thank Hovik for coming here and inviting us to the Event !! Thanks to Hovik, Seth and the rest of the crew for a truly fun and safe day..:thumbsup

There was a wide range of interesting hardware. Doug Levin brought out his TT Murcielago, There were two or three TT Gallardo's. A Saleen S7, F 599 GTB, Nissan GTR, ZO6, some Porsches, Vipers and (4) Ford GT's.. sadly no TT Ford GT's

They did a great job on letting the guys run their cars as much as you wanted. After the end of the solo max speed runs they gathered everyone at the end of the runway for some head to head races. It was quite fun to watch !!

We can Officially welcome some new GT Forum Members to the 200 MPH Club.. Congrats to "JKR".. He's the guy you is the new owner of The original GTB gull wing car. He ran a 201 MPH on the GPS !! After many runs in the high 190's he pushed the car in to the brake zone and got his 201 MPH !!.. Good Job Jose!! I can tell you it was a bit nerve racking because if you wanted the speed you had to stay in it....

The other new Ford GT Forum member to Join the 200 + MPH Club is " Palm Harbor GT 40 " Greg is the new owner of a Tungsten no stripe car. He piloted the Whipple powered 3.90 geared beast to a 202 MPH on the GPS

There was another young GT owner in a Black w/Silver stripe GT.. I did not hear what his final numbers were.
The airstrip was great.. Another 1/2 mile would have been sweet !! Oh well.. it was a great time.. I think we'll will see more events at this facility.

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
There was another young GT owner in a Black w/Silver stripe GT.. I did not hear what his final numbers were.

Haha! He chose to bring his FGT instead of his G-SL or his 430! :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Haha! He chose to bring his FGT instead of his G-SL or his 430! :thumbsup

Mike,
Do you know this guy ? He was from north Florida .. Sorry .. Forgot his name ??

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Mike,
Do you know this guy ? He was from north Florida .. Sorry .. Forgot his name ??

His name is Christian, I believe his user name here is Sprite. I helped twist his arm to get the FGT!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Come on you guys they have better info and pictures of the event on Fchat. I haven't heard anything about the GT-R that ran, or any BMWs. HHGT must be disappointed. However the record for the day was a FGT!

From Fchat - Thank you to all of those who came out and participated, the top speed of the day was 206 mph by a 2006 Ford GT

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231933&highlight=runway+florida

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Come on you guys they have better info and pictures of the event on Fchat. I haven't heard anything about the GT-R that ran, or any BMWs. HHGT must be disappointed. However the record for the day was a FGT!

From Fchat - Thank you to all of those who came out and participated, the top speed of the day was 206 mph by a 2006 Ford GT

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231933&highlight=runway+florida

Guess who.. ??? :biggrin and no Clinton this is not a Photo shop..

Attachments

• IMG_1285.JPG
    IMG_1285.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 228

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Guess who.. ??? :biggrin and no Clinton this is not a Photo shop..

Brian congratulations! :thumbsup You only have a pulley and tune, and out ran a Whipple. You must have had great technique and, or, more balls. Did they let you guys have a running start, or was it for a dead stop.

I can make a screen shot like that too. :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian congratulations! :thumbsup You only have a pulley and tune, and out ran a Whipple. You must have had great technique and, or, more balls. Did they let you guys have a running start, or was it for a dead stop.

I can make a screen shot like that too. :lol

Running start... I am comfortable with the GT Brakes so I ran it deep into the course.. The TT Murci was 2nd with a 205 MPH... we were tied at 205 MPH ... I had to make one more run to try to do better... Just eeked it out...:biggrin The TT Murci is a fast car...for sure... My lighter weight and low wind resistance hood helped a little.. oh and the bumper delete , lighter floor mats helped of too.. :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
His name is Christian, I believe his user name here is Sprite. I helped twist his arm to get the FGT!

He seemed like a nice kid.. He let his Girlfriend drive and I think she hit a buck 70...:biggrin

here's a vid of Christain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CzSRcbcGRQ

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats Stormy!!! :)