Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
hi neilda,
Any pictures to share from the launch.... would be great
regards

Pierre

Hi Pierre, they were functions where whipping a camera out would have been soooo uncool! So sadly no photos!

H

HHGT

From that angle, she looks like the offspring of a 458 & Gallardo.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
go read the reviews in this month's Motor Trend, R&T, Car&Driver, etc. Offspring of a 458 and Gallardo...... but genetically modified to kick their asses!

H

HHGT

go read the reviews in this month's Motor Trend, R&T, Car&Driver, etc. Offspring of a 458 and Gallardo...... but genetically modified to kick their asses!

I actually like the car and have been tracking it for a while....http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s....S.-dealers-for-the-MP4-12C&highlight=mclaren

I was just commenting on the looks and did not mean to offend anyone. Nice car in anyone's stable...:cheers

GTRob

Feb 18, 2009
It will be no F1 in regards to future value as well, it will be much worst!

Agreed, because remember that they lost money on each and every F1 they made. They are not going to do that again.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Agreed, because remember that they lost money on each and every F1 they made. They are not going to do that again.

I have known people who needed to send their F1 in for service, and they ARE making money on the F1 through the service department. Service costs on the F1 are unbelievable.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have known people who needed to send their F1 in for service, and they ARE making money on the F1 through the service department. Service costs on the F1 are unbelievable.

That is always the case for a limited production vehicle with unique parts, e.g Veyron!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hi Pierre, they were functions where whipping a camera out would have been soooo uncool! So sadly no photos!

Through an unexpected surprise, I was afforded the surprise pleasure of meeting both Pietro Frigerio (General Manager of McLaren Newport Beach) and Richard Powell (Aftersales Mgr, McLaren North America) late this afternoon, and patiently waited until someone else started taking pictures. Then I asked Pietro if it would be okay to snap a few with my compact camera, and he said certainly.

It was a magical experience, and a pleasure to learn a lot about the design, construction, fabrication of the car from Richard. To say it is an impressive piece of machinery would be, in my opinion, an understatement. I know the magazines will cover everything I have heard today, but it's quite a pleasure to learn in person, and have the living breathing piece of art in front of you to experience.

The tub (err, I mean Carbon Fiber MonoCell) is a mere 176 lbs.

RandyMc.jpg

RandyMc2.jpg

RandyMc3.jpg

RandyMc4.jpg

RandyMc5.jpg

RandyMc6.jpg

Like our Ford GT, I believe the McLaren will make dreams come true for those lucky to own and experience.

RandyMc7.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It's been a couple hours now, but honestly, I'm still in a daze from seeing and learning about this incredible machine...

H

HHGT

You're a talented photographer Randy and that car is just pure sexy....

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I would like to see the "Scud" version of this car for the street.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I would like to see the "Scud" version of this car for the street.

I think that would be this car. The GT3 version, for the street!!! http://www.insideline.com/mclaren/mp...3-racecar.html

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I finally saw one of these today in dark silver/grey. A few thoughts:

1) It looks WAY better in person than in pics
2) The orange color you see in all the pics is NOT the color to make it look good
3) The fit and finish was quite poor, though I think (hope!) this was a pre-prod car

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Whilst it's not a car for me, the fit and finish should be superb on the final cars.... no question about that.