Matech/GT Forum LeMans Sponsor Thread

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Damn! This moved along faster than a Labor Day Telethon! $ sent yesterday. Thanks, Chip :cheers

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Fantastic!!! Way to go guys!!!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
:cheers

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Congrats to us all. Could there really be any other website that could accomplish this. A tribute to all parties involved especially DBK, our moderators Chip and Shelby#18, and Daniel. Way to go.

Stu

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
All of us at Matech are simply stunned ! What an incredible feat you have achieved. We have been following this since Chip and David mentioned this, and we had a feeling some of you would be interested...but this response just overwhelms us.

We have been discussing what would be an appropriate way to say thank you to all those who have contributed, and I will feed back through Chip and Dave for this....apart from just one little idea that I will tell you about now.... the steering wheel that is used in the Matech Ford GT1 car at Le Mans 24 hours will be auctioned after the race. We are working out a few details around this, but this is our intention to auction certain items what will become Le Mans history. Other items will be given to the Ford GT forum to do with as you wish (perhaps give bits and pieces to those who are unable to attend). Anyway, that is up to you.

I have some photographs from the launch event in Paris last Monday, showing a very bright car. I shall send them to Chip and Dave, and maybe they would be kind enough to load them on the forum on our behalf.

In the meantime, some further news and announcements will be made public in due course.

We are testing this weekend, back again to Paul Ricard in the south of France as part of the Le Mans Series tests. Natacha Gachnang and Cyndie Allemann are confirmed for the Le Mans 24 hours. We are also testing Rahel Frey, another Swiss female driver to complete the 3rd slot in the Le Mans driver line up. Also testing the car will be factory driver Thomas Mutsch and ex Formula 1 driver Enrique Bernoldi who has signed to drive for Matech for the 2010 World Championship season.

Exciting times - that's an understatement.

Once again, our huge thanks and deepest gratitude for the support you show to our team and car.
Matech GT1

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I love it. GO BLUE!!!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
All of us at Matech are simply stunned ! What an incredible feat you have achieved. We have been following this since Chip and David mentioned this, and we had a feeling some of you would be interested...but this response just overwhelms us.

We have been discussing what would be an appropriate way to say thank you to all those who have contributed, and I will feed back through Chip and Dave for this....apart from just one little idea that I will tell you about now.... the steering wheel that is used in the Matech Ford GT1 car at Le Mans 24 hours will be auctioned after the race. We are working out a few details around this, but this is our intention to auction certain items what will become Le Mans history. Other items will be given to the Ford GT forum to do with as you wish (perhaps give bits and pieces to those who are unable to attend). Anyway, that is up to you.

I have some photographs from the launch event in Paris last Monday, showing a very bright car. I shall send them to Chip and Dave, and maybe they would be kind enough to load them on the forum on our behalf.

In the meantime, some further news and announcements will be made public in due course.

We are testing this weekend, back again to Paul Ricard in the south of France as part of the Le Mans Series tests. Natacha Gachnang and Cyndie Allemann are confirmed for the Le Mans 24 hours. We are also testing Rahel Frey, another Swiss female driver to complete the 3rd slot in the Le Mans driver line up. Also testing the car will be factory driver Thomas Mutsch and ex Formula 1 driver Enrique Bernoldi who has signed to drive for Matech for the 2010 World Championship season.

Exciting times - that's an understatement.

Once again, our huge thanks and deepest gratitude for the support you show to our team and car.
Matech GT1

As you can see there is quite a support group for you guys over here :banana:banana

What would be awesome would be to figure out a way to have you guys and one of your cars at the next Ford GT Rally :thumbsup

You'd be like ______________ (enter favorite hot girl) at an All Boys School Prom :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What would be awesome would be to figure out a way to have you guys and one of your cars at the next Ford GT Rally :thumbsup

I agree. :biggrin

Throw that thing in a plane!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I agree. :biggrin

Throw that thing in a plane!

then we could strip it down and keep all the parts. I'm not picky I'll take a wheel or two. :biggrin

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Can you imagine the Rally Auction on parts as they stripped it down???

Would be crazy bidding HAHAHA

Will Camilo do a commemorative painting of the Matech car at LeMans?? (just wondering if I should get my check book ready for the next rally :willy )

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will Camilo do a commemorative painting of the Matech car at LeMans?? (just wondering if I should get my check book ready for the next rally :willy )

Already got that one worked out. Come on man, give me a little credit :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
then we could strip it down and keep all the parts. I'm not picky I'll take a wheel or two. :biggrin

Ok, I'll start making a list of what everyone is getting. :biggrin

*disclaimer* this is a joke, you do not get large parts of a 600,000 euro race car for $500.

Attachments

• claims.jpg
    claims.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 165

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Front bumper and fenders - PEAK

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I call transaxle.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Already got that one worked out. Come on man, give me a little credit :biggrin

had a feeling HAHAHA

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Ok, I'll start making a list of what everyone is getting. :biggrin

*disclaimer* this is a joke, you do not get large parts of a 600,000 euro race car for $500.

HAHAHA Exactly - Think everyone should know that this is in good fun :cheers

still... if we auction everything off and strip the car I want the front clip HAHAHAHA :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Updated

*double disclaimer* still a joke, we are not getting large parts of a race car for $500.

Attachments

• claims.jpg
    claims.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 168

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I would like the brakes

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Unfortunately, some body panels and parts would never be for sale as they are highly sensitive in terms of aerodynamics.
- other parts such as the wooden plank underneath would be available, and the whole team would be more than happy to sign any parts auctioned etc.
- if the brake pads and disks are changed during the race, they will be auctioned to you - carbon brakes (huge) and carbon pads.
- if any parts become damaged and replaced, they should hopefully be made available.

As soon as I have more news, you will be the first to hear it.

Matech GT1

PS the cost of the car is Euros not $$$ :)

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Just to gauge interest....would you be interested in owning the steering wheel from the Le Mans car? There is a minimum reserve price of course, as we would naturally have to replace the wheel for the next race with another.

Matech GT1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Trust me, you don't really need to ask that question. You get a bunch of GT owners in a room with a few drinks and we end up buying stuff of little or no utility for amounts that make no sense. :lol I would DEFINITELY want that wheel.