Last day at Ford

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Congratulations! I really enjoyed meeting you at the last rally, and look forward to hearing about all the new jobs/track days/consulting, etc. in your "retirement". Somehow, I don't see you sitting at the beach all year!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mark get back to work! Whom am I gonna be able to call now at 5 am and get a cheery good morning from?
Really happy for you my buddy! I'm sure you will be missed at Ford
Now you can spend more time detailing your GT!!
FYI KEY WEST JAN 6-11 want to join us? I'm already working on Rick!
What a brilliant ride it has been!
MARK HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!
Oh ya ,whens the party??
xo

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Fire up the Talorcraft and go for a real speed run (ha ha)! Congrats on SO many levels!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Congratulations Mark I know you will be missed at Ford but now more time to enjoy the fruits of you effort.
D&G

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Congratulations Mark! Whatever you do, please keep your driving skills sharp. We'll always need you for things like destructive testing of Auto Zone brake pads at the end of the NOLA main straight at 160 mph. Best wishes.

5D3_3118.jpg

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Congratulations Mark! Lynn and I are wishing you the best on this exciting road ahead.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Congrats Mark! What a career! Enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. See you at the next FGT gathering!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
OK, so now you need to build a big workshop to keep you out of Lynn’s hair.......or you could go work for Multimatic like all the other ex-Ford guys!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
It's no secret that you are beloved by the entire Forum Mark. I want to echo everyone's sentiments and well wishes and thank you personally for the friendship and advice you have given me. You are a class act all the way and it reflects in everything you do. Enjoy this next sector of the track and Susan and I can not wait to hang out with you and Lynn soon. I'll be sure to get a new bottle of Tequila over to you to sip on when you watch the sun sets. :wink

Vince H

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations and best wishes in your retirement! My wife still talks about the Mustang ride at the Ford handling track. Thanks for being so kind and giving of your time. I’m proud to say I know you.

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Hi My Mark! This is Cookie on Gary's computer. Congratulations on having your own life back -it's a wonderful thing!

But while you were there on the job, I'll never forget my first (and ONLY) drifting laps with you at the helm. When you asked me how I wanted you to drive, I shoulda never said to "drive to your ability". I was so naive then !!!! Who knew? And when I spun out Gary's Heritage at the top of that turn, you, my co-captain, saved the day and The Car from the passenger seat!

I hope there will be lots more Mark Stories to tell by the little people like me :)

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Congrats Mark,

that‘s really a long time working for a single company (my longest was 10 years and that was my own ;) ). Plenty of fun days ahead with Lynnette, you can fly wherever you want to.

Enjoy it and thanks for making us all enjoy our favorite cars.

Matthias

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations Mark !! Ford is truly going to miss you you're a great talent and a great person.! Hoping to see more of you at the GT events!..

I remember the first time I saw you! It was long before we had met. Still looking good brother!!! Roketman would probably claim showing you this hand move but I know this was long before you met him..:biggrin

Attachments

• 2018-08-31 12.07.53.jpg
    2018-08-31 12.07.53.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 2018-08-31 12.07.24.jpg
    2018-08-31 12.07.24.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 2018-08-31 12.22.05.jpg
    2018-08-31 12.22.05.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mark,

I’m bummed that you’re retiring. Time marches on. I know you’ll enjoy it and I’ll see you soon out here in AZ. Cheers.

Chip

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
thank you for all you have done for us sir.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Congratulations on your retirement Mark. Great accomplishment for sure. Enjoyed talking with you at several of the rally’s. I hope the next phase of your life is as exciting as the last. I hope we will cross paths in the future again.

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Congrats Mark, now for the fun!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow 38 years at Ford Mark what an accomplishment. Congrats to you and may all your long retirement days be in great health. The first time we met you were my instructor at Texas world speedway for my first ever track experience and of course it had to be in a Ford GT. I was super nervous but after the first session around the track I was gaining confidence. Thank you for your time at all the GT events and all you’ve done for our group during your tenure at Ford. Enjoy!!!

Mar 15, 2006
Mark, thanks for all of the great cars and trucks over the past 38 years!

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations on a brilliant career! It was a pleasure getting to sit next to you at the Barrett Jackson dinner this year and getting to hear your stories. Hopefully we cross paths again!