Last day at Ford

partssmann

GT Owner
Jun 1, 2013
Arizona
Mark, more time to come join us hear in AZ as a more permanent winter visitor. My turn for a GT owner dinner at my house this next year in the spring.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Congrats.... enjoy !
(by the way ,your PM mailbox is full.... no messages accepted...)
andy (ajb)

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Mark, thanks for sharing this update. I greatly enjoyed meeting you at Rally 12 and hope this crowd can meet up again soon.

Brian

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats, buddy. Just more time you get to spend with Ms Lynnette!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Happy retirement

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Today I walked out the Experimental Vehicle Building for the last time as an Ford employee. 38 years of driving some of the most exciting vehicles on the planet and getting paid to do it I can truly say I have live a very charmed life in this chapter of my life. Has been a incredible ride and they still want me to do the track day testing, go figure. Looking forward to the next chapter what ever that may be. Know that I will have more time for those GT road trips, no rushing home to get to work.
Congratulations, Mark so very well deserved! Matti’s will be missing you!

Not to be a spoiler but, as to this alleged ‘retirement’, all I can say is don’t get too comfy, we (Ford) only have one guy who can officially sign-off on new product. So drop me a note if you need to someone to ‘broker’ you a better consulting fee. ;-))

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Congratulations Mark! You know what they say... now you’re going to be busier than ever :lol

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on your retirement. 38 years at the same company is quite an accomplishment. Enjoy the new "carreer".

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Enjoy the new chapter in your life in good health. Just remember Sunday is when the big paper comes.

Raj Nair

Ford GT Team Alumni
Mar 10, 2015
Congratulations, Mark! Thank you for all you done for Ford and all your friends there!!!

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Congratulations Mark. What an impressive career you have created and experienced over 38 years. Wishing you the best of luck in the next phase of your life.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Wow! Congratulations Mark!! An amazing career. Thank you for all the work you have done with the wonderful Fords we get to enjoy every day.

I dare you to post a picture of your first day at Ford:biggrin

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Congratulations, Mark. Thank you for your significant part in making Ford the success that it is!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You chump. Your new retirement "boss" will not be an easy task master. You should keep this to yourself and go play golf every day. Congrats buddy

KennethClay

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Congratulations! I really enjoyed meeting you at the last rally, and look forward to hearing about all the new jobs/track days/consulting, etc. in your "retirement". Somehow, I don't see you sitting at the beach all year!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Mark. found this "old" photo from MMS track. You are always there to help us mortals at the track, if we could get through the crowed you always seem to draw. Gary was at full attention awaiting your wisdom. Again best of wishes and enjoy.

Attachments

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mark get back to work! Whom am I gonna be able to call now at 5 am and get a cheery good morning from?
Really happy for you my buddy! I'm sure you will be missed at Ford
Now you can spend more time detailing your GT!!
FYI KEY WEST JAN 6-11 want to join us? I'm already working on Rick!
What a brilliant ride it has been!
MARK HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!
Oh ya ,whens the party??
xo

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Fire up the Talorcraft and go for a real speed run (ha ha)! Congrats on SO many levels!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Congratulations Mark I know you will be missed at Ford but now more time to enjoy the fruits of you effort.
D&G

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Congratulations Mark! Whatever you do, please keep your driving skills sharp. We'll always need you for things like destructive testing of Auto Zone brake pads at the end of the NOLA main straight at 160 mph. Best wishes.

5D3_3118.jpg