Last day at Ford

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I was thinking about you this week knowing that the last days at Ford were near. Hope you have a blast doing whatever turns you on!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Lynnette is the absolute answer Tim

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Mark, congratulations and best wishes. Now get a track car and come out and make me and Indy GT look bad.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hi Mark, Congratulations on your well deserved retirement. You have been a great ambassador to Ford.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Wow and congratulations on such an outstanding career! It's truly been my pleasure meeting you and spending some time with you over the years. Hope to spend more in the future.:thumbsup

NJS

GT Owner
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Congratulations, Mark! A fantastic career at the best Auto company. Enjoy retirement, and hope to see you at the track soon!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Dream job, like kids today want to be paid to play video games.

Any thought of myself ruling a road course went out the window after 1 ride with you.

Really hope everything gets even better for you in the future.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PeteK

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2014
Great Falls, VA
Congrats on your "retirement!" I use the quotation marks, because people with high intelligence and energy never really sit on the porch. So, what's Act 2, and what's on your bucket list?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So, you didn't want to make it 40 years? Ha! Congratulations Mark! Whether you're working or retired, you are loving life!

Ed

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Congratulations and a big thank you!
Enjoy the next chapter in good health and fortune.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Congratulations, my friend! You deserve your charmed life! I look forward to the next visit with you and Cadi girl :)

Scott

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Enjoy retirement Mark. Thanks for all you've done for the program.

Get out and do some track days!

Connor-san

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta
Thanks for all you have done for Ford, the GT, and the GT community. I'm looking forward to your continued involvement in the GT community...and congratulations you & Lynn!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Mark,

As you can tell from the earlier 63 posts, your devotion to the Ford GT, Ford Motor Company and your fellow driving enthusiasts runs deep. You just do not get those accolades without genuine admiration. All of us thank you for all you have done for us, our GT’s and other Ford vehicles. For one of a handful of Tier IV drivers at Ford Motor you really are one of the best!

Jen and I appreciate the special times we have spent with you and Lynn. Now hoping these will be more frequent! All the best my friend.:thumbsup

And we do need some Boss instruction time at Gratton/Gingerman sometime soon so I can try to keep up with Blake.:confused

See you soon.

Congratulations and best wishes in your retirement! My wife still talks about the Mustang ride at the Ford handling track. Thanks for being so kind and giving of your time. I’m proud to say I know you.
And I was there when she got out of the Mustang. The smile on her face was uncontainable.:biggrin You could tell she REALLY enjoyed the ride.

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Today I walked out the Experimental Vehicle Building for the last time as an Ford employee. 38 years of driving some of the most exciting vehicles on the planet and getting paid to do it I can truly say I have live a very charmed life in this chapter of my life. Has been a incredible ride and they still want me to do the track day testing, go figure. Looking forward to the next chapter what ever that may be. Know that I will have more time for those GT road trips, no rushing home to get to work.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations Mark, Wow, what a career! That’s a long time! Your next fun phase of your life is just beginning!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations Mark! Thanks for your contributions to making great Ford cars, especially our GTs and Mustangs!! Enjoy the next phase of life. It's great to be your own boss, and it says a lot about you that Ford wants your "help" post retirement. Enjoy each day!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Congrats and cheers to the many years of hanging out with GT buddies ahead.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations Mark, your retirement sounds fantastic, hopefully the continued track testing does not include the paperwork part. Looking forward to seeing you.
T&M

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Congrats Mark. So what were you testing 38 years ago? I want to hear some Fox chassis stories next time I see you!

Regards,

Sanjay