Last day at Ford

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Today I walked out the Experimental Vehicle Building for the last time as an Ford employee. 38 years of driving some of the most exciting vehicles on the planet and getting paid to do it I can truly say I have live a very charmed life in this chapter of my life. Has been a incredible ride and they still want me to do the track day testing, go figure. Looking forward to the next chapter what ever that may be. Know that I will have more time for those GT road trips, no rushing home to get to work.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations Mark, Wow, what a career! That’s a long time! Your next fun phase of your life is just beginning!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations Mark! Thanks for your contributions to making great Ford cars, especially our GTs and Mustangs!! Enjoy the next phase of life. It's great to be your own boss, and it says a lot about you that Ford wants your "help" post retirement. Enjoy each day!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Congrats and cheers to the many years of hanging out with GT buddies ahead.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations Mark, your retirement sounds fantastic, hopefully the continued track testing does not include the paperwork part. Looking forward to seeing you.
T&M

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Congrats Mark. So what were you testing 38 years ago? I want to hear some Fox chassis stories next time I see you!

Regards,

Sanjay

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mark, more time to come join us hear in AZ as a more permanent winter visitor. My turn for a GT owner dinner at my house this next year in the spring.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Congrats.... enjoy !
(by the way ,your PM mailbox is full.... no messages accepted...)
andy (ajb)

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Mark, thanks for sharing this update. I greatly enjoyed meeting you at Rally 12 and hope this crowd can meet up again soon.

Brian

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats, buddy. Just more time you get to spend with Ms Lynnette!

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Happy retirement

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Today I walked out the Experimental Vehicle Building for the last time as an Ford employee. 38 years of driving some of the most exciting vehicles on the planet and getting paid to do it I can truly say I have live a very charmed life in this chapter of my life. Has been a incredible ride and they still want me to do the track day testing, go figure. Looking forward to the next chapter what ever that may be. Know that I will have more time for those GT road trips, no rushing home to get to work.

Congratulations, Mark so very well deserved! Matti’s will be missing you!

Not to be a spoiler but, as to this alleged ‘retirement’, all I can say is don’t get too comfy, we (Ford) only have one guy who can officially sign-off on new product. So drop me a note if you need to someone to ‘broker’ you a better consulting fee. ;-))

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Congratulations Mark! You know what they say... now you’re going to be busier than ever :lol

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on your retirement. 38 years at the same company is quite an accomplishment. Enjoy the new "carreer".

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Enjoy the new chapter in your life in good health. Just remember Sunday is when the big paper comes.

Raj Nair

Ford GT Team Alumni
Mar 10, 2015
Congratulations, Mark! Thank you for all you done for Ford and all your friends there!!!

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Congratulations Mark. What an impressive career you have created and experienced over 38 years. Wishing you the best of luck in the next phase of your life.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Wow! Congratulations Mark!! An amazing career. Thank you for all the work you have done with the wonderful Fords we get to enjoy every day.

I dare you to post a picture of your first day at Ford:biggrin

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Congratulations, Mark. Thank you for your significant part in making Ford the success that it is!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You chump. Your new retirement "boss" will not be an easy task master. You should keep this to yourself and go play golf every day. Congrats buddy