JVC Nav unit for sale

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I have been using a JVC KD NX5000 in my GT for a while and really like this unit as this is the only single DIN navigation that fits in the GT. After a months of using this unit in the GT, I got another unit for my Ferrari but I am now selling the Ferrari and put the Ferrari OEM unit back in. So I now have another NX5000 for sale. Unit is like brand new and is only 8 months old. BTW, you can also hook up a rear view camera to the unit and I find this a must for backing up the GT safely. You'll need to buy a separate speed pulse generator to make this navigation work and you can read more about this unit here:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5294&highlight=navigation

I'm selling it for $420, including shipping to US.

H

HHGT

I have been using a JVC KD NX5000 in my GT for a while and really like this unit as this is the only single DIN navigation that fits in the GT. After a months of using this unit in the GT, I got another unit for my Ferrari but I am now selling the Ferrari and put the Ferrari OEM unit back in. So I now have another NX5000 for sale. Unit is like brand new and is only 8 months old. BTW, you can also hook up a rear view camera to the unit and I find this a must for backing up the GT safely. You'll need to buy a separate speed pulse generator to make this navigation work and you can read more about this unit here:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5294&highlight=navigation

I'm selling it for $420, including shipping to US.

Hey Bruce, how do you like the EVO?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi Bruce.

PM sent to you.

Thanks

Pro

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Hey Bruce, how do you like the EVO?

EVO is great, more than great. I see the future of transmissions in this car. I was going to get a GT-R but now after a few mods, the car is putting out about 370 HP and the GT-R doesn't appeal to me as much as before. Now can you hook me up with a Z06 for UNDER GM Employee pricing?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
EVO is great, more than great. I see the future of transmissions in this car. I was going to get a GT-R but now after a few mods, the car is putting out about 370 HP and the GT-R doesn't appeal to me as much as before. Now can you hook me up with a Z06 for UNDER GM Employee pricing?

I can get a Z06 under employee pricing. They have tanked.... :frown

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I've seen Z06's at $16K off from a dealership in Montanna but just wanted to get one here local in CA. I purchased my last Z06 used from Montanna and had to fly there to collect the car and drove it back to CA in 2 days. Wonder if any CA dealers will sell one for at least $2K under (there was one in La Habra but the cars are gone).

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Bruce,

Try Boardwalk Chevrolet in NorCal. They post a lot on the Corvette Forum and they have the most aggressive pricing of any dealer I have seen in CA.

H

HHGT

I saw some adverts on the Corvetteforum at $16K below MSRP.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Who do you gents think has the best price on a CTS-V?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
whats with all this chevy talk:willy where is your brand loyalty:biggrin sorry couldnt help myself.:lol

H

HHGT

Who do you gents think has the best price on a CTS-V?

Mr. BONY, I was offered one of the first batch to be delivered here in SoCal in Black with the Paddle shift at MSRP - its arround $62K. If I want to order one, I would prefer the charcoal grey (it has a fancy name) with all the options and still at or $1,000 below MSRP - delivery in January. It is due to arrive here in the first week of November (or so they tell me). Haven't made up my mind, but with Kendall changing the pulley, I will be the first to hit Baskin & Robbins. :biggrin

Ahhh decisions......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would like a MKS, but even the turbo version that is yet to be released won't hold a candle to the CTS-V.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
whats with all this chevy talk:willy where is your brand loyalty:biggrin sorry couldnt help myself.:lol

Don't be fooled Soroush, this could be a secret ploy that the administrators use to carefully thin out the membership.

In a couple weeks, perhaps you'll see the unfaithful disappear, perhaps never to be heard from again. An extended vacation for them to collect their thoughts and get their heads back in the game and focused on the team.

All speculation, of course...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
have another sip of the kool aid... lets all take a trip to an island... Captain Jim Jones of All Guana Airlines at the controls... :)

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Finally sold the Stradale this weekend. But couldn't find a strip Z06 for under $60K this weekend. I guess I'll wait for a ZR1 to hit MSRP... hey I waited for 1 1/2 years for the GT to come down in price so a few months' wait if nothing for another car. OK, bump for the nav which is still unsold.

Aug 25, 2006
Finally sold the Stradale this weekend. But couldn't find a strip Z06 for under $60K this weekend. I guess I'll wait for a ZR1 to hit MSRP... hey I waited for 1 1/2 years for the GT to come down in price so a few months' wait if nothing for another car. OK, bump for the nav which is still unsold.

I am happy for you that your Ferrari found a new home only to have the process create a void until your new gal; which sounds like a ZR-1 arrives to take her place.

Bruce now rather than continuing to bump this thread if you send me the JVC unit I will find a home for it.

If so inclined please box it up with everything you have so that upon arrival I can decipher what is required to integrate the system.

Takes care

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Heck with McCain and Obama - SHADOWMAN FOR PREZ!

(bump #3!)

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I am happy for you that your Ferrari found a new home only to have the process create a void until your new gal; which sounds like a ZR-1 arrives to take her place.

Bruce now rather than continuing to bump this thread if you send me the JVC unit I will find a home for it.

If so inclined please box it up with everything you have so that upon arrival I can decipher what is required to integrate the system.

Takes care

Shadowman

Will do Bill, all the wiring harnesses are still attached to the headunit but you'll need to pick up a Speedpulse sensor on eBay for about $115.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Bill, et. al,

I would highly recommend mounting the speed pulse generator directly onto the front passenger side fender liner. Mounted anywhere inside of the car, the pulse generator is unreliable and the Nav refuses to show the vehicle stopped. Mounted directly over the wheel, it works very well and in this position it is fairly well protected from the elements.

Also, unlike some other units, the JVC program-while-you-drive is straightforward to bypass. Simply ground the parking brake wire along with the system ground. The NAV can be programmed while moving - and your passenger can watch DVDs if you care.

I would NOT recommend using the factory Macintosh amp if you use this head unit. An EXCELLENT alternative to the Macintosh is the Sony XM-4S amplifier. It has been discontinued so if you decide to go this route, you should order one now. This is an excellent amp as it is a Class D which means it is slightly smaller than the Mac but just as powerful, if not more. Also, all of the inputs and outputs are on a single side so it makes hooking it up a lot easier and better appearing.