I loved my GT

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes, and he got black-flagged at Thunderhill last Tuesday for "exceeding the allowable noise limits."

I knew there was a reason I liked the sound of that car...

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Yes, and he got black-flagged at Thunderhill last Tuesday for "exceeding the allowable noise limits."
Sounds like a fair trade to me...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hey, that was me with my DA GT. It even sounds more 1960s now that i have the DA/Burns mufflers. I did 110 db on the main straight at T -hill in 4th. On subsequent laps I shifted to 5th & had no problems with sound. On the other hand Ralphie tapped the meter at 118 db & had black flags waving at every station! We heard that customers at Denny's on I-5 in Willows, 10 miles away, were complaining every time that Ralphie hit the track!

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Hey, that was me with my DA GT. It even sounds more 1960s now that i have the DA/Burns mufflers. I did 110 db on the main straight at T -hill in 4th. On subsequent laps I shifted to 5th & had no problems with sound. On the other hand Ralphie tapped the meter at 118 db & had black flags waving at every station! We heard that customers at Denny's on I-5 in Willows, 10 miles away, were complaining every time that Ralphie hit the track!

Ed

:thumbsup

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I loved my GT but I'm going marry this thing or one as close to it as I can come up with!

biga.jpg

bigb.jpg

bigc.jpg

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Mike, I was going to say "so long and thanks for all the fish", but now you're back, with a vengeance!!! I sure hope you get it, or one very like that. You'll certainly get the sound you're craving. I hope you get one. And promise you'll take me for a ride. I'll be hitch-hiking my way through the galaxy to see you if you do.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I loved my GT but I sold it. Thinking of something new not quite so refined.

Wut? I'm still waiting for the punchline? The GT is about a visceral as you can get with an AC and power windows? Maybe it doesn't get hot in Colorado. Anybody want to make bets on how long it takes him to buy another GT? I kid because I care.

If you really need more carnage on your drive to work, just call Heffner and turn up the boost.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
:thumbsup:cheersSoroush and Ed......Both of your GTs just sound wicked!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Mike, I was going to say "so long and thanks for all the fish", but now you're back, with a vengeance!!! I sure hope you get it, or one very like that. You'll certainly get the sound you're craving. I hope you get one. And promise you'll take me for a ride. I'll be hitch-hiking my way through the galaxy to see you if you do.
I'm talking to the right people and have one in mind that I am going to tweak to look very close to the one above. Hope to have it off to Olthoff asap. I'll see you on the other side brother and we'll trade rides for sure!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Wut? I'm still waiting for the punchline? The GT is about a visceral as you can get with an AC and power windows? Maybe it doesn't get hot in Colorado. Anybody want to make bets on how long it takes him to buy another GT? I kid because I care.

If you really need more carnage on your drive to work, just call Heffner and turn up the boost.
It's funny I never turned the AC on in the GT unless I was carrying a female. There is no doubt a TT GT is about as nutty as it get's but even they don't have "it". Regarding another GT... I sure hope to one day have another one. They are without a doubt at or near the top of the mountain of modern automobilia. Right now though I'm still too young for the cush and need something a bit more raw & visceral. I could see myself when I'm nearing retirement maybe selling off the 40 and being ready to settle down into the comfort of a GT :)

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Thought I had a done deal on a certain Mk II but things took a twist today. Beautiful car but may not be meant to be. I may just order a Gulf version and wait for a few months.

MkII_4.jpg

Aug 25, 2006
IMO your quest is a good one so waiting for the gal that makes you smile is a great thing.

I am excited for you and your next adventure

Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

All the best

Shadowman

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Awesome ride if you pull the trigger

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I'm trying. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Mk ! or Mk II? Preferences?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
MK IV, but we already had that conversation.:lol

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Indeed... Hope your trip is going well. Just missed a good snowstorm on Monday. Trail Ridge was shut down due to white out and snow. It was in the 70s today :)

Monday out the front door...

2011062000.jpg

2011062001.jpg

H

HHGT

Global warming is gonna kill us.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Mk ! or Mk II? Preferences?

This one without a doubt;

Attachments

• biga.jpg
    biga.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 160
  • bigb.jpg
    bigb.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 167

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Indeed... Hope your trip is going well. Just missed a good snowstorm on Monday. Trail Ridge was shut down due to white out and snow. It was in the 70s today :)

Monday out the front door...

2011062000.jpg

2011062001.jpg

We leave today and will be in your neck of the woods (Peak to Peak) probably sometime around Tuesday give or take, I'll give you a call when we get close. 2112, that red car looks fantastic. If I we're doing a reproduction that would be the exact look.:thumbsup