I loved my GT

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Silver Mk II is out. I'll refrain from mentioning dealership names but safe to say when you agree on one price and then when the deal is eminent the price goes up several thousand dollars, that leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. All for the best I'm sure as I have located a new roller locally that will make a great basis to start with. I've photoshopped a little on it but this gives an idea. It will be hot, raw, and stinky I'm sure. Need to get some Filipinetti decals and some number 6s to round it out.

sbgt40.jpg

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Awesome!

We need to go terrorize the fish in Big Thompson Canyon. Between the Cobra and GT40 they'll hear us all the way between Estes and Loveland.

What power plant are you getting?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Probably a 427IR or an R with maybe the Fast EFI. I'm going to build a set of megaphones for it too so terrorize might be an accurate statement lol.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Roush 427IR is what I have. After it is running I like it but you want to be sure you are happy with the tune before you sign off. It's a bear. I spent almost two years getting it right including shipping the whole car back to Roush. Ended up taking it to a guy in Ft. Collins who performed DFI tuning magic. The problem is the altitude adjustment table. Mine has the Accel DFI system and I understand they have switched to something different.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I've mentioned your experience to Dennis O and believe we are on the same page there.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'm curious - this is obviously an replicar, being left-hand drive. Is it a Superformance, CAV, Holman Moody? As it has the Mark I body style, why will you put a big block in it - as the Mark I's used the 289's. I guess you don't plan to race it with any organizations? What is your intended purpose and use for it? The Filipinetti Mark I's have 289's.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Superformance. Not an FE 427 but rather a 9.5" deck Winsdor 427 Roush engine. Yes, to be absolutely period correct it should have a 289 but I'm not tracking the car other than occasional recreational events. The Roush 427 will make the car more attractive to most potential buyers should I ever want to sell it. It's just a toy that I will drive at 6am around Denver and the hills west of town for a couple hours before the masses of mini van drivin' soccer mom hoards hit the streets. Cars & Coffee events once in awhile as well. There is a great cruise event in Golden near the Coors brewery that is held one Sat afternoon evening a month as well. Can be upwards of several hundred cars making it one of the best cruise/park and BS events I've ever seen. CO has a great car scene that I enjoyed a lot with the GT and now hopefully with this one. I will track this car which is one thing I didn't wish to do with the GT for fear of wrapping it up.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Here's a couple of pictures of one of the Filipinetti cars -

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Beautiful car! Same one maybe?

[video=youtube;UlveLj0t_2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlveLj0t_2Y[/video]

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Who makes this one?

Love the rear fenders on it! :thumbsup

Attachments

• biga.jpg
    biga.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 123

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I'm in noway a GT40 history buff. If I remember that is an original that ended up in Brazil and was recently sold at auction in England. Don't quote me on any of that. I'm sure there are people on here that know this stuff far better than I do.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Another nice red Mark I GT40 is P/1083, originally sold to "Team Colegio Arte E Instrucao" in Rio de Janeiro.

Early history:
Won the Campeonato do Rio de Janeiro in Nov. 1069;
2nd in the 1st Stage, GP de Sao Paulo/5th in 2nd Stage in January, 1971

Last edited:

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Would love to hear feedback regarding the SPF from these fellow members

[video=vimeo;9480874]http://www.vimeo.com/9480874[/video]

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Would love to hear feedback regarding the SPF from these fellow members.

The owner of that particular SPF GT40 let me drive a few laps in it at Firebird Raceway in AZ. The car is really cool and it's fast too. But it's a lot harder to drive than a Ford GT. It is small and getting in requires taking the steering wheel off. With no power steering and a very stiff clutch it took some getting use to and I never felt comfortable. With the owner behind the wheel however the car was very quick. It's a completely different animal than the FGT. The Ford GT is easy to drive fast.

Chip

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I have slid and I use that term litterally, behind the wheel of one and you are right. The skinnier and younger that you are, the less it will bother you. How was the heat and noise in the cabin compared to the GT? Without the A/C on my GT would get quite warm inside. I can only guess these would be as bad or worse since you can't roll the window down. I probably will get an extra pair of side windows and create much larger permanent openings since the car would never see rain.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
gt40_b.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Is that a picture of it in your garage? :thumbsup

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
That is the car but not my garage. My garage is at 9000 feet and full of snowmobiles and skid steer. I lease a garage in Denver for the summer. The joy of living in the boondocks...

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
And it's off to NC and Olthoff Racing for Roush 427 install. Had a heck of a time trying to find timely transport so I went ahead and picked up a nice little Hallmark car hauler. Should have had one a long time ago.

2011072301.jpg