I Finally Did It

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Haven't had the GT out since the Memorial Bony Run last May. Did the oil service in July but that is 2 miles away. With my travel and other cars with an easier delivery to the street, keeps the FGT indoors and detailed.

After an hour of moving cars, placing trailer ramps out the drive way, I finally got it out to the street. It looked good. Holiday so traffic wasn't too bad. Was going to go to the top of the El Cajon Pass from West LA, to the In & Out Hamburger place we met for the start of Rally III. Got sidetracked to Flo's Airport Diner at the Chino Airport.

photo.jpg

Drive back was most enjoyable. A total of 132 miles. So I guess I have reached my maximum mileage for the year and can take it out again next January, 2011!

Kinda feeli like Empty Pockets!

35 minutes to get it back up the driveway and into the garage. :ack

BTW, the shift throw on the 2010 GT500 feels like about half the distance it does in the FGT.

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Looks great. You got to make it easier to take her out more often!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Kinda feeli like Empty Pockets!

You ARE, of course, referring to the fact you had to use those ramps...aren't you. :skep :slap

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hey Doc,
I'll be happy to come over and help your re-arrange your fleet so you can get the GT out more often. Two of us can knock down that long process in half. :lol
Or....let's find you and the missus a new house!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
BTW, the shift throw on the 2010 GT500 feels like about half the distance it does in the FGT.

We can fix that, Eric!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It's looking beautiful.....

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Flo's Diner

Got sidetracked to Flo's Airport Diner at the Chino Airport.

Atomic,

If you're an older pilot, Flo's will draw you in like a moth to a flame. After we picked up KJRGT's 1965 Mustang last month, Veronica asked me where we should have lunch. Hey....Flo's is only about 30 miles out of the way!!

I called a buddy of mine who keeps his two airplanes there and he was at the airport so he met us for lunch. After inspecting V's new (old) ride, my friend Dave Klages told me that his buddy just bought an old Mustang too and asked if we'd like to see it. Let's go.

What year is his vintage Mustang?? A 1943! :confused :confused

It took just a second for it to sink in. We rounded the corner in Dave's golf cart and there was the most perfectly restored Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 powered 1943 P-51D Mustang I have ever seen. Wow!!!! How much does a cherry P-51 cost these days? 2.25 million. Sweet ride.

Photo of our 2 Mustang convoy parked at Flo's below.

Chip

Attachments

• Flo's Diner.jpg
    Flo's Diner.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 339

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
You ARE, of course, referring to the fact you had to use those ramps...aren't you. :skep :slap

Si!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Atomic,

If you're an older pilot, Flo's will draw you in like a moth to a flame. After we picked up KJRGT's 1965 Mustang last month, Veronica asked me where we should have lunch. Hey....Flo's is only about 30 miles out of the way!!

I called a buddy of mine who keeps his two airplanes there and he was at the airport so he met us for lunch. After inspecting V's new (old) ride, my friend Dave Klages told me that his buddy just bought an old Mustang too and asked if we'd like to see it. Let's go.

What year is his vintage Mustang?? A 1943! :confused :confused

It took just a second for it to sink in. We rounded the corner in Dave's golf cart and there was the most perfectly restored Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 powered 1943 P-51D Mustang I have ever seen. Wow!!!! How much does a cherry P-51 cost these days? 2.25 million. Sweet ride.

Chip

Wow, I walked on the same spot that Chip and Veronica had KJRGT's 65 mustang and the GT mustang parked! Did you have the bisquits and gravy? Cholestrol load of the Universe. We had our very first impromptu FGT rally, May 2006 to Flos' about 8 cars showed up including SteveA and Denis, (DLKGT), and his yellow no stripe FGT. I have some images of that day I will post tonite. I still can't believe that I walked on the same spot as ChiPBeck and Veronica, wow, this is big! May have to take the FGT out more often!!!

:banana

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...good man. :lol

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
ChiP

Here are some images from May 13th, 2006, Flo's Diner Chino Airport. Perhaps you recognize some of these individuals or better their FGTs ???

flosdiners1.jpg

flosdiners2.jpg

GTsFlosDiner5-13-062.jpg

GTrearsideandfront.jpg

GTnoses.jpg

ardGTO.jpg

That's SteveA's GTO

10imagerenderingflos5-13-06.jpg

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Is this Flo's at the Chino Airport? I used to go there often when we were modifying some aircraft at the Lockheed facility which I believe is now closed.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
It is the Famous Flo's Diner at the Chino Airport, across Euclid Avenue from the Chino State Prison

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great story and pics! :thumbsup

I never take for granted my time I get behind the wheel. :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...across Euclid Avenue from the Chino State Prison

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! 'Can't top THAT for "ambiance", now, can ya! :eek :willy:willy:willy :lol

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I guess you can say, "Those were the good old days"

xraygt

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2006
P-51

any pics of the P-51?

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
any pics of the P-51?

What he said ^^^ :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That car looks like brand new...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Chip

Gorgeous duo! :thumbsup