How tall before you get your head wacked by the doors

Zan186

Jul 28, 2008
How tall are some of you guys? Anyone 6' have any problem getting in and out of the GT? I am concerned with the door wacking me in the head. I am 6 foot on the dot. Will I fit?

H

HHGT

No problem what so ever. Some are 6' 5". Also depends on your leg/torso ratio. Are you thinking of buying or riding?

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Very easily! 6 foot is NO problem.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I'm 6'3...no problem. It is a little awkward getting in and out until you get used to the doors but it is like that for everyone. The A pillars are a little strange at first. I do duck when I close the door though. :lol

Honestly a very comfortable cabin. Plenty of space. :cheers

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm 6' 2" and have no headroom problems. I did make the mistake of opening my door while moving one time. When I closed it, the wind had sucked my hair up and the door closed on it. Pulled a big chunk out.:eek

And trust me, I can't afford to lose any.:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
No problem what so ever. Some are 6' 5". Also depends on your leg/torso ration. Are you thinking of buying or riding?

+1

It also depends on the slope of the seatback.

Last edited:

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
At 6'2" with a long torso I had to have the seat lowered and still duck closing the door. You will love the car go for it and drive the hell out of it.
Good luck FLY GT40

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
It'll be tough with a helmet on - but I'm 6' and love it more every time I get in. Just tilt your head to the slide and shut the door.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
6 ft tall

It depends on your hair! Shorter guys with tall hair have had problems & been forced to buy a Z06.

Ed

Sorry just trying to rack up the post numbers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Very funny Special ED.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
It'll be tough with a helmet on....
Yup. I'm 5'10" and I have trouble.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm 6'3" (when fully erect) and have no problems - but (and as posted above) wearing a crash helmet means you're wedged against the roof. This is probably not good.... :ack

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm bald, but 6'4" and have no problems fitting. With a helmet on...that's another story. Had the seat cushion lowered on my white car so I can wear a helmet/HANS without getting pinched against the roof.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The door is an equal opportunity cranium conker - at least as far as the get in / get out process is concerned. 'Makes no diff WHAT a person's height (or lack thereof) may be.

Pbly the only person who MIGHT never be Gurney'd would be a dwarf. MAYBE.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
It depends on your hair! Shorter guys with tall hair have had problems & been forced to buy a Z06.

:rofl:lol:biggrin:rofl:lol:biggrin

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I'm 6'3" (when fully erect)

Braggart:wink

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I'm 6'3" (when fully erect)

Braggart:wink

I believe that's centimeters.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'm 6' large torso. Fit like crap in the car. So I took the top off, and lowered the seat. Still can't drive it with the top on and a helmet though. :frown

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'm 6' large torso. Fit like crap in the car. So I took the top off, and lowered the seat. Still can't drive it with the top on and a helmet though. :frown

LOL - yes you have resolved any problem with the GTX-1's!

I am 6' large- do the drop duck and roll maneuver to get in/ out.... No problems

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I believe you have to be taler than 43 inches. :biggrin:lol