Hello, from a thrilled new owner!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Hey guys just wanted to say hello. I just acquired a 2005 Ford GT, #1414. Red w/white stripes with 1400 miles on the ticker.

I'm like a little kid who just got the best toy in the world!

Looking forward to tagging along here, watching, listening(reading) and learning!

Thanks. :banana

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome Evan,
Glad you pulled the trigger. Evan is a friend of mine fron the Garden State, has a garage full of great toys, and will be a quality member and bring much to the table.
God Bless America,
daniel

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome to The 'Forum, Evan! :thumbsup

We won't hold being a friend of Bony's against ya! 'Promise! :lol

Sooooooooooo:
(1)How many miles have you put on your GT since buying it?
(2)How many cell phone pics have people taken of ya DOIN' that (that you know of!)? :biggrin

Enjoy!!!

Larry

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hey Evan,

We'll try not to let the affiliation with Bony tarnish any first impressions! Besides, I think they successfully auctioned his car off this afternoon. Definitely one for the price record books.

Kidding aside, welcome aboard. It is soooooo clear after today that the GT community - fostered and developed by the people behind this forum, is what is so very special about owning this fine car. As great as the car is - and there's no doubt about that, the people here are better!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks guys:

Haven't driven it yet:willy I'm still haven't past the stage of being mezmerized by it.

Gotta confess...I'm alittle nervous about driving it the first time...Seems kinda like that "other first time" I hope...nervous at first but then once you do it you can't get enough..:banana

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to the fold Hellcat. Congratulations. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks guys:

Haven't driven it yet:willy I'm still haven't past the stage of being mezmerized by it.

Gotta confess...I'm alittle nervous about driving it the first time...Seems kinda like that "other first time" I hope...nervous at first but then once you do it you can't get enough..:banana

'Know EXACTLY what you mean! I didn't drive mine for an entire week!:rofl
'Had to work up the courage to take it out on the street among all the idiots... whereas was SAFE in my garage!

Buuuuuuuut, eventually you won't be able to stand it anymore either, and you'll take the plunge.

YOU AIN'T GUNNA BELIEVE THAT CAR!!! Trust me. And the sooner you giddit on the road - 'the gooder'!

(Just remember not to "see what it'll do" right at first. The car COULD bite yuh in the butt if'n ya do. There have been a couple posts here on the Forum [with pics] showing heavily damaged GT's with NINE - NINE - miles on 'em caused by doing just that. Eeeeeasy duzzit!:biggrin :thumbsup )

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
'Know EXACTLY what you mean! I didn't drive mine for an entire week!:rofl
'Had to work up the courage to take it out on the street among all the idiots... whereas was SAFE in my garage!

Buuuuuuuut, eventually you won't be able to stand it anymore either, and you'll take the plunge.

YOU AIN'T GUNNA BELIEVE THAT CAR!!! Trust me. And the sooner you giddit on the road - 'the gooder'!

(Just remember not to "see what it'll do" right at first. The car COULD bite yuh in the butt if'n ya do. There have been a couple posts here on the Forum [with pics] showing heavily damaged GT's with NINE - NINE - miles on 'em caused by doing just that. Eeeeeasy duzzit!:biggrin :thumbsup )

Words of wisdom for sure. I ascribe to the Dirty Harry motto. "Every man's got to know his limitations". I am clear on the fact that my limitations in driving skill far far, far short of the GT's abilities. For sure!:eek

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Just wait until you pull it out of the garage. Trust me you won't want to get out of it. When the weather's good I can't find enough excuses to drive mine :wink :biggrin

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion

Hold on pockets!

"SAFE in my garage" WHAT ! .............. you read MY Mouse post.

Hellcat is in the Garden State and you all know we have GT eating mice here in Jeeeeeersey.:willy :lol :lol :lol :lol

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Words of wisdom for sure. I ascribe to the Dirty Harry motto. "Every man's got to know his limitations". I am clear on the fact that my limitations in driving skill far far, far short of the GT's abilities. For sure!:eek

That keeps me out of trouble too. :thumbsup

Hellcat .......... were are you located ?

GTNJ

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Bridgewater/Martinsville.

Where are you located?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hold on pockets!

"SAFE in my garage" WHAT ! .............. you read MY Mouse post.

I been tellin' yuh fer sumtime now ya needs to get outta that there trailer park, dump th' single wide, & move to ah "upscale" local. They gots real garages in them neighborhoods! Meeces be no problame-o there! (Yuh might gitcher seff a big cat - or two - in the meantime...)

...EVAN's car, on the other hand, be safe where 'tis! :lol

(I'm a truely rotton person for posting something like this!)

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
(I'm a truely rotton person for posting something like this!)

Don't you think I didn't see this!

Where's are moderator?

And it's a double wide .......... with awnings !:banana

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Enjoy the ride!!!!! gtJOEY 1314:thumbsup

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Bridgewater/Martinsville.

Where are you located?

I'm located in Wayne ............
Welcome to our little party! :biggrin :banana

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
BRILLIANT CHOICE!!!
YOU HAVE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL!!
As I tell people I now know what it would be like to be famous or really good looking.

Casper

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2006
Great Falls, MT
I was present when the transport with my GT came into the Ford dealership. My car was the only one left in the hauler. I remember walking up to one of the small side doors of the transport. I could see part of the car, & I actually went up to the car & poked it in the side, just to make sure this wasn't a dream & the car would pop like a balloon!! I was so nervous, that you would not recognize my signature on all of the paper work to sign off on the car. I left the car at the dealership for a week, too spooked to drive it. Finally went back & took it for a drive..... & the rest is history..... WOW!!!!!!

Enjoy it, it is a blast to drive.....:biggrin

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks guys!

GTNJ let me know when your in the area. Happy to get together!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
hi evan
congrats on the ride, you got the best color combo made !!!!
i wish you miles of smiles with her
if ever on your way south, i'm down near lbi(exit 63 off the garden state).

sam
#1451-------------red/white