Have you ever seen a women driving a ford gt?

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
(Woman) I got into this discussion with my wife yesterday... Has anyone ever seen a women driving a ford gt? Better yet, are there any female members of the forum?

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Mrs. Spirit & Stunts wife I believe

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
There are a few others, but not many, that is for sure.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
My wife. She is great with a stick (ok, no comments, Ralphie)

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I watched Mrs. Skyrex and Mrs. Apollo go over 200mph at Mojave.
My wife has driven mine many times.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
(Woman) I got into this discussion with my wife yesterday... Has anyone ever seen a women driving a ford gt? Better yet, are there any female members of the forum?

Mrs. Apollo. 231.1 mph at the GT Speed day and current record holder for women at the Mojave Mile 218.8 mph! :thumbsup
As Ralphie will be sure to point out, every once in a while she lets me drive her car...:skep
:biggrin

_MG_4143.jpg

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Mrs. Skyrex at 212+ :thumbsup!
_MG_4153.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mrs Aloha GT also drove at rally III at LVMS.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Mrs. Moose also drives one or two of them. Piccola has as well.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Kim, Anya's daughter, drives one frequently.

Odd fact, Jamal mentioned to me a few years ago, there was only one female original GT buyer.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Not to hijack but recently when I was getting my CTS-V worked on I saw another one in for service and I asked the service writer whose it was. He told me it was a 77 year old woman who likes fast cars (like 556HP!)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
My wife has driven ours. If she wasn't so petite, would probably drive more often, as she has difficulty reaching pedals comfortably.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
How about Andrea Robertson (of recent LeMans podium). I'd say that would qualify.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
My wife drives her Red one (not very often) and she drives my Silver one too

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
My wife drives ours. She drove it at road america and autobahn cc with the Shelby club. We would alternate driving between sessions.

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
I met Jack Roush last month and he told me he has 3 GTs, but his daughter won't give him the keys back to the blue one.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Here is a funny video of Steve's wife driving the GT back to cars and coffee when a couple of younger guys pull up next to it and realize it's a woman driving. Way too long of a video but funny around 1:25 when they pull next to the GT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfG9U1WJig

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I met Jack Roush last month and he told me he has 3 GTs, but his daughter won't give him the keys back to the blue one.

Seems that Susan is doing her level best to keep him out of airplanes as well.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Kim, Anya's daughter, drives one frequently.

Odd fact, Jamal mentioned to me a few years ago, there was only one female original GT buyer.

Reading this reminded me that I bought my GT from a Mercedes dealer who bought the red GT for his wife. Orriginally I was told that she "chickened out" and wanted to sell it. I later heard that he chickened out because she had a very heavy right foot. I bought my GT with 700 miles, but I recall replacing my rear tires a few months after I bought it, because the worn tire thread!

GT Cindy

Aug 29, 2006
Home Town of Henry Ford
I did! I was part of the build team at Wixom and had the pleasure of taking one for a spin. Definately a highlight in my driving career!