GTX1 and F430 side by side comparison shots

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
A_DSC03376.jpg

A_DSC03377.jpg

A_DSC03379.jpg

other shots of car (for those who have not seen it.)

GTX1_upload.jpg

x1_04.jpg

CF06.jpg

X1_02.jpg

X1_05.jpg

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow! The F430 looks huge comparatively.

No picture can convey how ridiculously good looking your car is in person!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I always thought the scoops in the front of the 430 reminded me of one of those videos of someone making a weird face with air being blown at them.

Maybe free flyer when sky diving knows what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOMS8hdPyOA

Sorry the GTX1 wins hands down but then again it wins hands down against anything

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
No picture can convey how ridiculously good looking your car is in person!

I'd love to see it one day - it actually gives me goosebumps that car. I love it. :cheers

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What is that red car on the left? Looks like a Greenwood 'Vette.

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Sorry guys, I have a black GT and love it - but I'm still getting a 430 Spyder. It's just so hot! I'm still not sure about the look of the GT in these pictures - the color/wheels totally takes away from the original design.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Sorry guys, I have a black GT and love it - but I'm still getting a 430 Spyder. It's just so hot! I'm still not sure about the look of the GT in these pictures - the color/wheels totally takes away from the original design.

Yew need 2C that GT in person, sir!:thumbsup

Photo's just DON'T do it justice at all.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm still not sure about the look of the GT in these pictures - the color/wheels totally takes away from the original design.

Would you walk up to the owner and say this to his face in person? If the answer is no, a) good answer, and b) keep that in mind in the future.

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Would you walk up to the owner and say this to his face in person? If the answer is no, a) good answer, and b) keep that in mind in the future.

The answer is yes actually - Of course I would not do this unless it seemed like he was looking for a response. In this thread he is posting the pictures, so I assume he's asking for responses and thus I responded. I don't think I'm being rude, just stating an opinion. I'm sure there are others out there that would agree, and many who would disagree.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The answer is yes actually - Of course I would not do this unless it seemed like he was looking for a response. In this thread he is posting the pictures, so I assume he's asking for responses and thus I responded. I don't think I'm being rude, just stating an opinion. I'm sure there are others out there that would agree, and many who would disagree.

Noted.

Ever had anyone show you a baby picture? Did you say "well, since you're looking for a response by showing me pictures, your kid is pretty ugly,"? Doubt it.

I have a hard time digesting when people register and two of their first four posts are insulting someone else's car. Treat the forum as you would real life.

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
I don't think I'm insulting it. I am saying;

a) I love the Ferrari
b) I love GT's
c) I "don't know" about this particular GT because the wheels/color totally take away from the original car. Am I wrong in saying this? They do! This car has a ton of heritage, and it seems to me that the one in the picture is not the same as what Ford originally intended it to be.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't care what your rationalization is. I deleted your other post where you said he made his car look like a Corvette. So you registered, and the first things you chose to say were a) what he did totally takes away from the car, b) it looks like a Corvette, which you were sure he didn't intend, and c) " Red and Yellow are neat, but we're not buying Ferrari's here so why try making it look like one".

However you think this stuff sounds, it makes you look like you're just here to pick fights.

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
No, I'm not here to pick fights, but please feel to delete my account if you believe I am. I didn't realize you're not allowed to state an opinion on these forums.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm glad you're not here to pick fights. People are allowed to state opinions.

I just expect people to adhere to a minimal level of common courtesy, especially if they are new.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I always thought the scoops in the front of the 430 reminded me of one of those videos of someone making a weird face with air being blown at them.

Maybe free flyer when sky diving knows what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOMS8hdPyOA

Sorry the GTX1 wins hands down but then again it wins hands down against anything

Spot on !

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
No, I'm not here to pick fights, but please feel to delete my account if you believe I am. I didn't realize you're not allowed to state an opinion on these forums.

I think it's more common sense and courtesy being expected rather than the restriction of opinions. I belong to a couple of car forums for differing marques - owners of cars post pictures of them because they're proud of them. This is when the common sense and courtesy kicks in. If you follow....

A wonderful example of this was on an Aston Forum some while ago, a girl joined and pretty soon she was wondering why she was single. Much advice followed with many offers too. Eventually she was persuaded to post a picture of herself - the thread became strangely silent as we all immediately understood the main reason of her celibacy. :lol

The GTX1 has a considerable pedigree (as far as the both the GT40 and the Ford GT is concerned), the amazing paint on this one is quite beautiful (in my humble opinion).

You're welcome to express your opinion too of course, but diplomacy and tact is always equally welcome.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Perhaps we should start over. Tell us about your black GT and how you came to purchase it.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
RSVDHD- It's cool you have a Black GT and are getting an F430. I also have another GT (besides the GTx1) and F430 and even a real Jeff Gordon raced Cup car (among many more cars) :)

Variety is good. I respect anyone's opinion but it could just be that you have not seen many GTX1s.
I am not sure the car pictures below looks like a Vette ...but that is just my opinion.

But the most important thing I would like to point out is , that as far as you mentioning the heritage of the Ford GT .....that there WAS a GT 40 MKII roadster (no roof) in 1966!!!!, It looks as close to my GTX1 as an original GT40 looks to the modern Ford GT. You sort of left me scratching my head on the heritage thing...here is a link to a model of it, :

http://store.crosstoy.com/exoto-exrlg19046.html

also learn about the GTX1 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpy8xAKVadU

I have a feeling the previous pictures where the first time you saw my GTX1, here are other pics. Enjoy.

GTX1_upload.jpg

and that car looks as close to the GTX1 as a GT40 looks to a modern Ford GT.

CF06.jpg

X1_02.jpg

X1_05.jpg

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The pblm with that candy color is that it just OVERWHELMS a camera's ability to reproduce it accurately. And that's a dang shame.

(I've NEVER seen a photo of any "candy" car that does it any real justice.:frown)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The GTx is one of the most amazing works of art I have ever had the joy of seeing.

Been in meetings today. Mr bannister has given the newbie way more rope than I would have allowed.

Actually a wise ass remark about NSX's earned him a post delete and an infraction. I hope he gets it, or he will be the second owner I have banned.

I think enough as been said.

God bless America,
Bony
Fgt forum - proud member of the brotherhood