GTX1 and F430 side by side comparison shots

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Thanks for sharing the great photos. I did find it answered alot of questions as to comparitive size. You have beautiful cars and have been a trail blaizer for sharing with the rest of us the mods you have done on both the GTX1 and the GTB. Keep it up.:thumbsup:cool:bow:slap
FLY GT40

Last edited:

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
The GTx is one of the most amazing works of art I have ever had the joy of seeing.

Been in meetings today. Mr bannister has given the newbie way more rope than I would have allowed.

Actually a wise ass remark about NSX's earned him a post delete and an infraction. I hope he gets it, or he will be the second owner I have banned.

I think enough as been said.

God bless America,
Bony
Fgt forum - proud member of the brotherhood

I didn't really make a wise ass remark about NSX's -- someone said the NSX was the "best sports car ever" or something like that, and all I said was "you must be joking..." --- I mean I had an NSX in 1993, and it was a great car, but not the best sports car ever, not even close.

I think the remark about the candy color being hard to display accurately in a photo is accurate. That said, pictures probably do not do that car justice. I think what might help is some breakup in the color, I also don't see a bumper in the back, which makes me think of the back of a Corvette.. this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just an opinion.

As far as the GT-40 with no roof - I never knew this part of history, that's really cool! As I said before I LOVE the GTX1 in the Top Gear video - it's amazing!

I bought one because I admire the history behind Ferrari and Ford. That story has implications broad across other industries as well - it's not just a story. It's a legend.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Pls ck yr private messages!
Thanks,
Daniel

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
RSVDHD- It's cool you have a Black GT and are getting an F430. I also have another GT (besides the GTx1) and F430 and even a real Jeff Gordon raced Cup car (among many more cars) :)

Variety is good. I respect anyone's opinion but it could just be that you have not seen many GTX1s.
I am not sure the car pictures below looks like a Vette ...but that is just my opinion.

But the most important thing I would like to point out is , that as far as you mentioning the heritage of the Ford GT .....that there WAS a GT 40 MKII roadster (no roof) in 1966!!!!, It looks as close to my GTX1 as an original GT40 looks to the modern Ford GT. You sort of left me scratching my head on the heritage thing...here is a link to a model of it, :

http://store.crosstoy.com/exoto-exrlg19046.html

also learn about the GTX1 here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpy8xAKVadU

I have a feeling the previous pictures where the first time you saw my GTX1, here are other pics. Enjoy.

GTX1_upload.jpg

and that car looks as close to the GTX1 as a GT40 looks to a modern Ford GT.

CF06.jpg

X1_02.jpg

X1_05.jpg

Every time I see this car I am just in awe, These photos sent me into two modes....depression because I dont have the spare coin to do this at this time and elation because I know someone (cyber space friend) who ownes it.

I wanted to do my 69 pro street Cougar Eliminiator which is white interior with Gaurds Red body. The color was supposed to Be Candy Brandy Wine and it will be someday in the near future..(long story).

MK2 you hit a home run & a grand slam......but I must say every GTX is something to behold. The latest Black one in michigan the ariel Photo psosted is just stunning as well.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I didn't really make a wise ass remark about NSX's -- As I said before I LOVE the GTX1 in the Top Gear video - it's amazing!

I.

Cool! my GTX1 is the same one as in the Top gear episode. Exactly the same except the color. and also many more additions that do not cosmetically change it. here is a list (it's one of if not the most modified Ford GT in the world):

Roadster Conversion
Complete custom Tan leather interior
Ultra suede dash cover
Refinished complete exterior of vehicle with custom paint (Candy Chrome Red)
Racing stripes(ghost color on color)
Satellite Stereo 5.1 w/touch screen NAV & cup holders
Center Console Storage addition
Short throw shifter
Transaxle cooling system
Wilwood 14" gas slotted two-piece rotors and 6 piston Wilwood Calipers
Silencer System full exhaust with headers
Bright Silver Painted supercharger and cam covers
Back up camera and hidden Bell Systems radar
Hidden Bumper modification
Carbon Fiber front hood
GTX1 Prototype style wheels, tires and adjustable shocks
Carbon Fiber Aero Package, splitter, diffuser, rockers
Adjustable coil over shock kit
Carbon fiber fuel rail inlet and air box cover
Polished aluminum billet GTX1 coil covers
Carpeted interior floor mats (Includes GTX1 embroidery )
Pulley Swap and performance tuning (710 HP)
Carbon Fiber Center Console/ Side Scoops

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I wanted to do my 69 pro street Cougar Eliminiator which is white interior with Gaurds Red body. The color was supposed to Be Candy Brandy Wine and it will be someday in the near future..(long story).

Sounds like a potentially bad a$$ car. I was just at a car show and we were talking about a 69 eliminator (nice coincidence!).

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chicks dig it!

MK2GT,

During the California rally my sweetheart Veronica had the pleasure of riding in your beautiful GX1 from the hotel to the Petersen Museum for that evenings function and then back to the hotel afterwards. She couldn't stop talking about it. She used to think that my yellow GT got a lot of attention on the freeway, but compared to the commotion your car caused in traffic, riding in my GT is akin to riding in a Chrysler minivan. She felt like Jackie Onassis riding around in the GX1 with the top off (the cars, not hers, I think). I still think my yellow hardtop Ford GT is the most beautiful car on the planet (because it's mine :biggrin). But both Veronica and my son Charley think you're metallic red GX1 is the most beautiful car they have ever seen. Absolutely incredible! :thumbsup

Chip

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I have to say I was in some agreement with rsvhd with his opinion of the GT next to the F430, I just wasn't sure it was my style and I have to say I agreed with him. Now that being said, after the new pictures of the GTX were posted from the side by itself where I could really see the car without any distractions (like a 430) I would have to say that it is stunning and probably one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen! The wheels look so good that I am considering them for my GT. I have a red and white GT and some time I look at the car from a bad angle and I think ah its allright, then I detail it and get that right angle and I think man there just is no other car!
I wouldn't be so hard on rsvhd these are just cars, not babies! Although I do agree not just on this forum but in all of life what can you gain by saying something negative? Better off just to keep it to yourself and leave it at that IMO.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks for your comments.

When someone new comes on board and every post is negative, we try to get them on the right track. Take a look at the gents posts, I did, and today gave him a short holiday. Maybe he will be back with a better attitude, I don't care one way or the other.

Last week a thread was started on the white with orange stripped car that has been written about on several threads. The comments went downhill quickly, I sent a general warning out on the thread to "to be nice" and then a private warning and closed the thread.

The future owner of that white and orange car may choose to join this forum and should be welcomed like any other owner. We all have different tastes. They should be respected.

Most smart members spend some time lurking before they make their first post. Comments that work on SVT, Ferrari Chat, and many other boards don't fly here. Many of us are good friends as a result of this place.

This is an amazing forum, it requires very little moderation. I am sure it will remain so.

God Bless America,
Daniel S. Bonyhadi

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Stunning

Having seen this car in person at the Newport Rally II,

I can only say:

this is one of The Most Beautiful Cars I have ever seen.

from any angle, in any light - it is:

just plain STUNNING!

Wish it was mine.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I agree! Everyone in this world has different tastes. I see people, cars, fashions everyday that I dont really care for, but the LAST thing I do is go and tell that person "you are ugly" or "what were you thinking when you got dressed this morning" or "those wheels on your car suck!". Its just a matter of respect. If everyones likes and dislikes were the same the world would be a very boring place. If everyone voiced their opinion openly about everything, the world would be a very VIOLENT / NEGATIVE place. Remeber one thing, respect your fellow man. In giving respect you will receive it in return. :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Having seen this car in person at the Newport Rally II,

I can only say:

this is one of The Most Beautiful Cars I have ever seen.

from any angle, in any light - it is:

just plain STUNNING!

Wish it was mine.

Jeffy.... did you loose MarK's email?:banana:biggrin:banana
It can be yours...
Just takes $$$
:banana:banana:lol:banana:banana

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jeffy.... did you loose MarK's email?:banana:biggrin:banana
It can be yours...
Just takes $$$
:banana:banana:lol:banana:banana

Danny Boy You sly devil. :willy - you know that I would never be a copycat.

And as The Exclusive Galactic Sales Representative for Genaddi Designs, I'm still waiting for the Company Car.

(Mark are you listening?)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
And as The Exclusive Galactic Sales Representative for Genaddi Designs, I'm still waiting for the Company Car.

And people in hell are still waiting for ice water...or so I'm told...

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Every time I see this car I am just in awe, These photos sent me into two modes....depression because I dont have the spare coin to do this at this time and elation because I know someone (cyber space friend) who ownes it.

MK2 you hit a home run & a grand slam......but I must say every GTX is something to behold. The latest Black one in michigan the ariel Photo psosted is just stunning as well.

STUNNING! :thumbsup

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
MK2 GT, I remember you sharing pics of your GTX1 as it was being converted and how bad I wanted to see this car in the flesh. Well, I got my chance at the Newport Rally. As far as I'm concerned, this GT is absolutely stunning in my book, done in great taste. Thanks for sharing it with us. I love it! :thumbsup

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Mk2gt

All I can say, is that MK2's X1 rocks.

I had no expectation anyone would take the concept that far when I designed the conversion.

Thanks for doing it!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
This is myt first post on this forum. I think all of your cars look funny. Is it true they are built on a 240 Z platform? I think the white GT's look the worst. The ones without stripes should be sent back to the factory to be completed. I even saw one of these cars with a big bubble in the paint on the top of drivers door. I saw one of these kit cars with carbonfiber side air vents. That really looked funny. Then there was this guy selling these great GT books. He seemed like a great guy. Anyway, just thought I would say hey.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
This is myt first post on this forum. I think all of your cars look funny. Is it true they are built on a 240 Z platform? I think the white GT's look the worst. The ones without stripes should be sent back to the factory to be completed. I even saw one of these cars with a big bubble in the paint on the top of drivers door. I saw one of these kit cars with carbonfiber side air vents. That really looked funny. Then there was this guy selling these great GT books. He seemed like a great guy. Anyway, just thought I would say hey.
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
All I can say, is that MK2's X1 rocks.

I had no expectation anyone would take the concept that far when I designed the conversion.

Thanks for doing it!

As usual I thank you for designing it!! :thumbsup