GTs @ BJ

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
If things go they way I think they may...15-20 years should bring 7 figures for wrapper cars...I hope!

chuuckcasey

GT Owner
Feb 2, 2014
I don't have much to ad but am enjoying hearing everyone's thoughts about the auctions and pricing.
I was at BJ Scottsdale for Thursday-Saturday and had a blast. I wont go general ademinssion again, we will be buying bidder passes in 2015. There are five us that go and together we own about 12 classics (and others). It's very entertaining not only watching the block but talking to the owners, expo, the energy, etc.

Here are the links to the two GTs. Paying 10% on both ends (or it could be 8% depending) inflates the price above a private sale, in my opinion.
06 FGT Tungsten 2,789 miles $250K hammer price
06 FGT Blue 3,284 miles $240K hammer price

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
The sold prices online I am guessing, have the buyer's premium included @ 10%, from what I see. That's a lotta cash! LOL

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What? Free drinks to bidders? Sign Dr Frank & me up for the next auction!

Ed

Tomcat

GT Owner
My wife and I did this (bidders passes) for my 50th birthday and took a day in Sadona, Red Rocks, etc...
Great TRIP!
I don't have much to ad but am enjoying hearing everyone's thoughts about the auctions and pricing.
I was at BJ Scottsdale for Thursday-Saturday and had a blast. I wont go general ademinssion again, we will be buying bidder passes in 2015. There are five us that go and together we own about 12 classics (and others). It's very entertaining not only watching the block but talking to the owners, expo, the energy, etc.

Here are the links to the two GTs. Paying 10% on both ends (or it could be 8% depending) inflates the price above a private sale, in my opinion.
06 FGT Tungsten 2,789 miles $250K hammer price
06 FGT Blue 3,284 miles $240K hammer price

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Special Ed, for the $1000 it would cost for the bidder passes, we could sit at Chips house and watch the auction with hookers serving us.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Special Ed, for the $1000 it would cost for the bidder passes, we could sit at Chips house and watch the auction with hookers serving us.

Are you telling me Chip is paying for our drinks & hookers too?

Ed

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If that's the case Ed and I will see you at Chips place next year !

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

Don't forget to invite me....

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
As per these more recent prices I just updated my stated policy on my GT. I suggest you all verify your policies. I had not updated mine in two years

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I bid on the blue car, I went up to $215k for a friend of mine. If you notice... they started the car off at $25k, I jump bid up to $200k... It didn't work! lol... although I walked off the stage once the car went up to $240k and as I walked off I heard them take it back down to $200k again... by the time I got back up to the block it was back to $240k. Auctions are always entertaining.

I also sold a few cars while there, all in all the hobby is strong.

Cheers,

Lance

Last edited:

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006

Count me in. Sounds like the beginnings of another mini rally!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Hope you got what you were looking for on the sales, good to see you down there again.

I also sold a few cars while there, all in all the hobby is strong.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Everything came in-line, I was happy with the sale overall. The cars found great new homes, in fact I managed to make some great new friends out of the deal!

Life is good,

Lance

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Did your son do the GT40/GT appreciation thread on VW Vortex?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5812228-The-GT40-Ford-GT-Appreciation-Thread

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That is xrayman396's son's thread if I'm not mistaken.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Hey Lance, I just saw you early this morning on "What's Your Car Worth", on the Velocity channel. Looking good!

Howard

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Oh boy... which car was I representing? They are starting a new series this year, in fact I just did another one at Barrett Jackson for the '53 Corvette I sold. I hope life is treating you well, all is good here!

Cheers,

Lance

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
That is xrayman396's son's thread if I'm not mistaken.

Wow, that thread just helped me waste a couple hours of time... some great stuff!

Lance

zo6cammer

Feb 3, 2014
the new mustang has a killer looking front end