GT Wipers with better visibility and looks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Any up-date on the wipers? I'm looking forward to getting them on the GT.

Still awaiting shipment of the arms. There was a delay with the supplier and our (very small) order got pushed back. Now expecting shipment by end of month. Sorry for the delays but they are indeed coming.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Thank you for the update. Again, appreciate you doing this again.

ben

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Thank you again for doing this for us and the update.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Worth the wait!
If you like the wipers ask JC about the ebrake and shift boot leather pieces!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
any word on the wiper orders yet?? just asking. thanks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Had some trouble with the first proof set and sent them back for revision. Expect next set any day now. I had expected them to just build more from the jigs/tooling developed originally but found out later that the jigs could not be found so they had to build new ones from the sketches we originally started with. So far they have agreed to do so without additional cost since they should not have disposed of the jigs. Sorry for the delays. I have all the blades, nozzles, the special 3mm hose. Just need the arms with correct dimensions.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
thanks for the update!

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Yes thanks for the update. BTW, you may need to clear your PM inbox, as I have tried to send pm regarding this update only to be notified that your box is full.

TTBoy

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2017
Texas
Is it too late to get on the list? What is the cost for a set?

Thanks

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
can't wait to get these. since the carbon fiber units are no longer available, I'm going to send these out and have them wrapped. can't wait!

sethgt

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2010
Hi Jc,
Just PM you with the hope that there might still be a set of wipers still available for my 2005 white/ blue stripe. I have owned my car since 2010 and just removed the drivers side sun visor today. What a difference in visibility. Would love to now switch the wipers.

Thanks,
Seth

sethgt

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2010
Payment sent. Thanks JC. Looking forward to receiving the new wipers and increasing visibility. Removing the driver's side sun visor really has helped already, so the modified wipers should really be the finishing touch.

Thanks,
Seth

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
The good news is that the wiper orders that restarted this a few months ago are now starting to ship. The first few completed sets are headed out this week and they will continue now that the arms are coming in. Looks like they should all get out well before Christmas. I will have parts to build a few extra sets as well if anyone missed out on the group order.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Nice! thanks so much for doing this again. those of you who haven't purchased a set, I suggest you get on the band wagon real fast since he has built a few extra sets. the difference in sight line driving is amazing! well worth it.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
They are the cat's a$$ to be sure! OEM quality part build!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
any ETA on shipments yet? thanks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I have shipped the first few sets. Assembling and packing more this weekend. I am really going to try and get them all shipped in time for delivery before Christmas.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
8 more sets packed and shipping tomorrow (Monday).

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Looking forward to getting mine.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Great news thanks again for making this happen!