GT v/s M3 w/ VFE supercharger

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
And here is the rematch. After a new (totally rebuild) motor for the BMW. I have only added the headers sense the original race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8um9mQF5g1o&feature=user

1st race: We started at 60mph. I get the jump.
2nd race: We started at 60mph but ran out of road. It does looks like he was pulling back into it.
3rd race: we start at 40mph (per his request and my delight) :biggrin

RaceMX-M3

Sep 10, 2008
Mark,

I see you wasted no time getting the vid posted up. :biggrin Your car is a bad mofo. Congrats. :thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thank you sir. That M3 is certainly no slouch. I am sure we will give it another go soon. Those races were close enough that a little race fuel may put you ahead of the game.

Thanks for posting the video.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
CONGRATS Mark,... I see you found another closed track for this contest :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Wow, that closed track has the same type of street signs that are used on the public roads.

That M3 is one fast BMW! Fubar time to get a Whipple, or TT, because with race gas and more boost, that M3 will give you some stiff competition.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It was on the Mexican Tollway, as always. Those Federalies are much more understanding. Besides I've heard that racing here in the states is frowned upon.

The original race (post 15) was with the same M3 but his secondary fuel pump was not installed properly. I suspect that it was making a good bit more power while running lean... of course that also cause the engine to melt. :eek

He is a good guy. He also has the only car I've run that makes me worry about loosing the next race. :biggrin

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Fubar, the vid says that both cars are highly modified yet yours appears stock. Is it modded? (Just read your old post of the pulley & tune). The M obviously has seen some major tweaks.

I really like the look of the Black Series. My RENNtech CL55 goes like stink but the Black looks quite mean. In both races, the CLK is nowhere to be found. Was it simply outclassed?

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fubar, the vid says that both cars are highly modified yet yours appears stock. Is it modded? The M obviously has seen some major tweaks.

I really like the look of the Black Series. My RENNtech CL55 goes like stink but the Black looks quite mean. In both races, the CLK is nowhere to be found. Was it simply outclassed?

I have a Hefner pulley/tune, custom headers, cat delete, penske suspension, borla exhaust, accufab throttle bodies... it's not a Whipple or turbo car but it ain't exactly stock. The M3 has a turbo making 24lbs of boost.

And yes the CLK could not keep up. Although it did stay ahead of a stock M5 that was trying to be a part of the action. The CLK looked great.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I have a Hefner pulley/tune, custom headers, cat delete, penske suspension, borla exhaust, accufab throttle bodies... it's not a Whipple or turbo car but it ain't exactly stock. The M3 has a turbo making 24lbs of boost.

And yes the CLK could not keep up. Although it did stay ahead of a stock M5 that was trying to be a part of the action. The CLK looked great.

Yes, hardly stock! Nice mods!

The CLK needs a SC or TT on that 6.3L.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The re-rematch

BMW M3 is running 23lbs of boost - 116 race fuel and methanol injectors, it also has drag MT radials

The Ford has 4.0L Whipple and 93 pump gas with Bridgestone street tires

The BMW popped it's intake manifold on the last run and we were forced to quit after that. ;)

(this is what I was doing when you called Matt)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Man, your car sounds nasty.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks Dave, I like it but it is not for the timid.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Nice

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Man, your car sounds nasty.
It seems a little muffled... :)