GT v/s M3 w/ VFE supercharger

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
The guy with the M3 is a friend of mine. I didn't want to let the secret out of the bag for him as I am sure he is hating that turbo right now. The M3 boys are living it up on the M3 forums right now so let them have their fun. He sent his car off to the turbo shop for some new internal.

Here is a question for you smarty guys. The race was pretty close and I had a passenger (230lbs camera mount). Would that weight be enough to change the out come? I didn't think it would make that big of a difference from a 60mph roll on.

If losing the extra baggage isn't going to help... I think Mr. Whipple can. :rofl

a 230lb passenger would have been 1 - 1.5 car lengths imo. also having the optional wheels might have been .5 a car length.

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
The guy with the M3 is a friend of mine. I didn't want to let the secret out of the bag for him as I am sure he is hating that turbo right now. The M3 boys are living it up on the M3 forums right now so let them have their fun.

I love how most people on the M3 forum just think the car is untouchable. I especially love the quotes "it's still a ford"

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I love how most people on the M3 forum just think the car is untouchable. I especially love the quotes "it's still a ford"

Untouchable - More like unreliable.

It's still a Ford - What's wrong with that? I think most people would prefer a Ford GT over any current BMW.

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The M3 is a great car but come on, it's no Ford GT. I don't care if they strap on a 13,000lbs solid state rocket... it's just an M3.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

I know what you mean. If my car got beat by a Saleen S7, I would say "Awesome race, thanks for letting me have a go." If I won, I'd be ecstatic but still be able to accept that the S7 is a superior car.

Now I'm a ricer because I blew past him after the race was over. I didn't know it was over but his engine blew so it kinda was over. I'm not gona say anything about the motor tho. He should explain that if he wants to.

as they say: C'est la Vie!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
GT v/s M3

GT = Pully+tune+cat delete
M3 = Turbo'd 16.5 lbs of boost + race fuel + tune + exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8C4VdUNNg

That race would have gotten a bunch uglier around 140 to 150+.
When people say "it's still a Ford" I always reply "yeah how bad is that, you just got smoked by a Ford". Followed by some :lol:lol:rofl:lol:lol.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
That race would have gotten a bunch uglier around 140 to 150+.

By using a open public road, potential uglier for both parties! The limitations at 140+ have more to do the the balls, or stupidity, or both, of the person behind the wheel than the car abilities.

Have fun, but be safe.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MODERATORS NOTE
=============
Just viewed the video. This forum does not support street racing, or violating the laws of man or nature. Goes without saying now that this thread is on the internet it is carved in stone.
Daniel

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
By using a open public road, potential uglier for both parties! The limitations at 140+ have more to do the the balls, or stupidity, or both, of the person behind the wheel than the car abilities.

Have fun, but be safe.

Oh agreed, I was just stating a fact that the BMW would have gotten tired and run out of legs as the speed got higher. I would be interested in what the air/drag numbers are on a 3 series.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
MODERATORS NOTE
=============
Just viewed the video. This forum does not support street racing, or violating the laws of man or nature. Goes without saying now that this thread is on the internet it is carved in stone.
Daniel

I've just seen your Bony for president video....... very catchy.... but sorry buddy your just way to liberal for me.:wink

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Bony for President... can we do something about these speed "limits." As a side note, any racing on what may appear to be a public street was done in Mexico. It is just a small jaunt for us boys in the Lone Star State.

You'd be supprised how well that M3 did at speed.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Bony for President... can we do something about these speed "limits." As a side note, any racing on what may appear to be a public street was done in Mexico. It is just a small jaunt for us boys in the Lone Star State.

You'd be supprised how well that M3 did at speed.

It seems that the cameras were not repoed with with cars.

That M3 was awesome. If it would make a good daily driver if it would last 50K+ miles before rebuilds. I would be temped to get one for the wife if CA legal. Then I could borrow it! How stable is the M3 at 170+?

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Mark, tell the guy that was driving that GT, Great runs! Car is looking good. Now, we need to see how it compares to a TT Tungsten GT. I hear there is gonna be one in Vegas around September 10th - 13th :wink

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony for President... can we do something about these speed "limits.".

First thing first, contribute to my campaign at www.bonyforpresident/pimpmaster.org

Once I'm in the Maison Blanc, I will surround myself with experts.
Do you want to be Secretary of Transportation, resolve all the issues facing our great nation? Well, I think you would make a damn fine one.
I intend to be fair, the highest bidder on Ebay can buy the Cabinet seat of their choice.

Now link to my site, and Paypal a fitting donation to my campaign.
Thanks..

Mexico is quickly becoming quite the in cruise for FGT's:banana:bs:banana

H

HHGT

Well since we are discussing the BMW, and many of you here know how I feel, and of course this is my personal opinion, I will go on the record and say that todays BMW is the worst value car to ever come out of Bavaria. $hit for quality, overated fit & finish, pigs for weight, snobby service, idoit drivers that think they own the road, stuck up sales guys (not so stuck up now with this economy) and an ego to go with. Boy I hope I did not pi$$ off anyone:wink If I did drinks are on me.

Here in CA, and the US for what its worth, Joe public have drunk more BMW cool-aid than my old dog drank out of the toilet bowl in her lifetime. The company came out with a slogan years ago and still used today - The ultimate Driving Machine - what a load of $hit. If I won a current BMW in a drawing somewhere, I swear to you I would sell it and buy anything else but a BMW. And yes I have driven my buddies M cars, 7 series and so on and so forth, :thumbsdow:thumbsdow I say. My wife likes the M6 so I have to like that one out of the bunch.

Don't get me wrong though, I used to love and still love some of the exclusive older BMWs - that's when they built a purpose car. These include the 2002 TII, 3.0cs, 3.0csi, 2800cs, M1 and of course my all time favorite; the Z8. And lets not forget the awesome bikes they make as well.

Okay now let the flaming begin.

RaceMX-M3

Sep 10, 2008
Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while and thought I would drop in and say hello. I'm the owner of the M3 in the vid that beat the Ford GT and then blew up, ooops. It turns out that the shop that replaced my clutch miswired my auxiliary fuel pump, causing the engine to run lean and melted one of my pistons. Two months later I finally have my car back, with a new block and built motor - I'm looking forward to seeing how my car does vs the GT when it actually doesn't blow the motor. I'm sure we'll have some new vids soon. :thumbsup

Even tho my car's faster, I really love the Ford GT and it's definitely in a class by itself. If I needed help snatching tail I'd definitely consider going the more show than go route. :biggrin

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Even tho my car's faster, I really love the Ford GT and it's definitely in a class by itself. If I needed help snatching tail I'd definitely consider going the more show than go route. :biggrin

Awwwww, no he dident :eek

Would you like a little crow with that humility? (you know I'm just funnin ya)

Then he caught me on the camera with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXEp1azEEUQ

Second race with the build motor... done. Video coming soon.

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
First thing first, contribute to my campaign at www.bonyforpresident/pimpmaster.org

Once I'm in the Maison Blanc, I will surround myself with experts.
Do you want to be Secretary of Transportation, resolve all the issues facing our great nation? Well, I think you would make a damn fine one.
I intend to be fair, the highest bidder on Ebay can buy the Cabinet seat of their choice.

Now link to my site, and Paypal a fitting donation to my campaign.
Thanks..

Mexico is quickly becoming quite the in cruise for FGT's:banana:bs:banana

Bony,

I want to be the Cabinet of Sauvignon. What is your price I ask?

:cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sorry! Secretary of Sauvignon has been filled by Indy Gt who has now discovered Harlan 2002 which will be the new pour at Maison Blanche. We are. Seeking a Secretary of Brotlhels to insure that the bed tax is collected and quality standards are maintained at a high level. :)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I think I can get my hands around the economics, please advise on the specifics of benefits package. :lol